RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: RP Server  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Panji_ROK2018

RP Server
« on: Apr 10, 2019, 06:51 PM »
What the f.. is all this?!
(click to show/hide)

How does it play out?
(click to show/hide)

What are other quirks to this mode?
(click to show/hide)

Specialization?
(click to show/hide)

That pretty much sums it up. Also note that these might just be theory-crafting at the moment, but basing on my own knowledge and experience, all these are possible. Very, very possible.

Advertisement

Offline Bue

Re: RP Server
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2019, 10:31 PM »
You can implemented this idea using item bonuses and add a check for gunslingers to run out of ammo when SP is zero. But, I would throw out the blind effect for ADS since that can be easily bypass.

I don't think it is a bad idea if you are trying to expand the gunslinger class. However, if you are going to make it a main part of the game, then you need to adjust the content and combat. For example, I would change single target skills to AOE (desperado) with a specific and/or random pattern (i.e. like chess pieces) to make combat more interesting.

Imo, a lot of these ideas fail because of sloppy implementation and lack of custom content.

Offline OGTerror

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2019, 08:58 PM »
You can implemented this idea using item bonuses and add a check for gunslingers to run out of ammo when SP is zero. But, I would throw out the blind effect for ADS since that can be easily bypass.

I don't think it is a bad idea if you are trying to expand the gunslinger class. However, if you are going to make it a main part of the game, then you need to adjust the content and combat. For example, I would change single target skills to AOE (desperado) with a specific and/or random pattern (i.e. like chess pieces) to make combat more interesting.

Imo, a lot of these ideas fail because of sloppy implementation and lack of custom content.

keeping heat barrel up is pretty sick

Offline Panji_ROK2018

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2019, 03:20 AM »

Most of them require source changes. But I do agree that this is mostly gonna end up being a tragic mess, at best it could be viewed or played as a side-story of sorts. Still playing ,a zombie survival with gunslingers only in RO would be a refreshing take on the game.

Offline OGTerror

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2019, 10:16 PM »
this autist had the same idea but i think he switched emulators

https://rathena.org/board/profile/50620-lllaaazzz/

edit:

yeah this is him and his rathena alt

http://herc.ws/board/profile/17233-orca/
https://rathena.org/board/profile/60680-andythegoblin/