RO and gender confusion

Started by BMontgomery, Jul 06, 2007, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omi

Quote from: DragonHero on Dec 30, 2008, 02:58 AM
well on my server... i will try to keep people with their own gender. i am currently implementing adult (naked) sprites in an adult section that if people were to be age verified they can get to that will also mean that i will change their chars to their correct gender.

:facepalm:

ngjoko

Males don't look worse than females, in fact i prefer male jobs to female, since it's not hard to match a good hair style with a job to look great. So anyway, i treat every player the same way, cross or not i don't care. In fact i feel irksome and disturbed when any females at all get close to me and ask for tanks. But hey, if they need help, i'll help them a bit, regardless of sex.
Come and join HeRO, it's lots of fun. ^^

male novies look cuter dead then female ones if you ask me ^^;;
only reason =3

Poki

@disguise is where the party is at.

Soma

I love my wing dang doodle, thank you very much.
Yes, that's a good boy, stand with pride!
Stand with icky, blood engorged pride!
Psst, his name is Private Ryan.

Basically : All my characters are male, although they usually come out looking very... Flamboyant. (Twin Ribbons for the win, yo.)

echo44

Usually cuz of freebies as most ppl have said, also a freind of mine does it to get free lench!(EVIL) xD   and som ppl also think female sprites look better than male! in some jobs they at least do(i am proud of my sinx male sprite) xD there are many reasons
O man~ Sinx
Hell was full so I came Back!~

Orange

I play as a chick, reasons:

First online game i ever played they had fixed genders, like mages were always male priestesses were female and there was no priest. I played as a priestess, and was used to playing as a chick. From there on i have played as a chick on every game, and on RO they look better imo, oh and free equips(Seriously, on MANY servers i usually have a male and female account, the male will get NOTHING not even a tank and female will always be offered items.... quite annoying)

Oh, and i like most female names(Usually ones grabbed from anime <3)
:3

Rudolph Zyaber

I remember reading about a survey done that showed that 40% of women play as male characters in an online game and over 50% of males play female characters in online games. 

Personally I stick with Male because I like to feel the character reflects my personality somewhat when I'm playing a game.  If you need something hot to stare at while playing then party up with women or get a girlfriend to sit in your lap while you play =/
Bleh

Kuuie

Hey, Ragnarök is a mmorpg, mega multi online ROLE PLAYING GAME.
Meaning you take different roles. So a male, taking the role of a female IS PART OF THE GAME.

Since when was RO a freaky dating game.

Its only when a male in a female sprite cybers with another male thats scary for free iteemz. Call it fraud.

CookieEater

Quote from: Soma on Jan 04, 2009, 03:19 PM
Basically : All my characters are male, although they usually come out looking very... Flamboyant. (Twin Ribbons for the win, yo.)
This reminds me of a fun story about an Assasin wearing pink clothes with a Ribbon, who walked through Morroc offering Candy to all girls he met. For some reason he got banned, while all he did was give out items ;)
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

WatchingYou

Ragnarok is an RPG which means Role play game. Those people just want to play a role. Also, ofen cute characters are preffered, which are mostly the female ones imho.

Tieria

A lot of people simply just prefer a female sprite. For example I had a friend who thought Assassin Cross males were incredibly ugly, so he'd play female sprite for that class as well as High Priest, but for the other classes he'd use male. It just depends on what looks best.

Also because of certain well known Assassin Cross players, it's become a trend to use female sprite on certain servers.

I quit! No longer GMing, thanks.

superhappyfun

hell yes. most of the male sprites in ro look ugly. so dependin on my class ill play as either a boy or girl (im a boy). like for the manlier classes like lk, stalker or paladin ill play male, but for classes like assassin, priest or whitesmith ill play as a girl. simply because i dislike looking at ugly things all day. seriously, who likes looking at ugly things all day.

i dont even play centaur and a bunch of other heroes in dota, a 40 minute game, because they are ugly. damn i hate ugly looking things in games.

Mortiik

Am I the only one who thinks female SinX sprite looks just like a cheap hooker?

/...

Quote"You may strategically place your wonderful lips upon my posterior and kiss it repeatedly."

DJ Kat

Quote from: Mortiik on Jan 12, 2009, 09:39 PM
Am I the only one who thinks female SinX sprite looks just like a cheap hooker?

/...

This, but in my opinion, almost all of the females in this game look rather sexed, y'know?

I usually play games as a female, just because they're cuter, but I find male Acolytes and Super Novices to be uber cute. I honestly don't like "slutty" designed characters, even the Succubus and Incubus, although they look soooo much better in the card pictures. Still, the only character I'd ever "cross-dress" as is a Female Super Novice / Novice.

....Of course, @disguise as a Wild Rose, Leaf Cat, or Kobold Archer (Woo, cuteness!) > Everything.