RebirthRO Hijacked By Ancyker

Started by Syphon, Dec 22, 2017, 10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syphon

Greetings Everyone,
We would like to sadly announce the stealing of RebirthRO data and servers, our previous technical administrator along side with our GM's decided that it's Okay and Fair to Steal RebirthRO data, Delete backups and Corrupt existing data.
It's very sad how they act like the saviors of the server to make them action, as in theft sounds right, nothing can make the wrong right, and right can never be done through doing the wrong.

Ancyker was hired back almost two years ago as our technical administrator to take care of our servers technical maintenance, developing and hosting, along side with that a lot of changes in the GM team happened, some of them was hired as paid workers and others were a volunteers.
All of them known the work situation, known that there's other who's paid workers etc, and they've all agreed on work condition, and they were getting paid on time, although some delay was happening lately because payments were held by Ancyker and not Syphon.

We do not want to attack Ancyker or the rest of the staff who betrayed our trust, neither it's any of our interest to use personal matters and issues happening in other people life's as our cheap and disgusting attack as happened from Ancyker's side in his theft announcement at the Stolen-RebirthRO Forums. However.

We would like to show out some facts of what happened during the last few days, with logs.

1- A little Over two weeks ago of the date of this announcement *22nd of December 2017* Anckyre moved all servers and data and updated players clients to connect to the new servers without our knowledge as stated in his own theft announcement.

2- Two weeks after the previous action syphon found his accounts deleted on RebirthRO and asked Anckyer  through skype why he is banned, then Anckyre told him that he stole the servers

3- Syphon shut-downed all servers and asked a new team of technicians to inspect the servers, we found many destructive actions done by Anckyre which was logged, and we restored as much data as possible, some of the actions done by him.

The last session as root, he was inspecting if any backups left.
#+1513704496
cd
#+1513704511
cd /zroot/backups/
#+1513704513
ls
#+1513704517
exit

The last MySQL Queries done on our login tables, to ensure destruction of players account data, not that only he also dropped loki database.

show variables;
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%datadir%';
drop database loki_se
;
DELIMITER //
DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS shuffle;
CREATE FUNCTION shuffle(
    v_chars TEXT
)
RETURNS TEXT
NOT DETERMINISTIC -- multiple RAND()'s
NO SQL
SQL SECURITY INVOKER
COMMENT ''
BEGIN
    DECLARE v_retval TEXT DEFAULT '';
    DECLARE u_pos    INT UNSIGNED;
    DECLARE u        INT UNSIGNED;
    SET u = LENGTH(v_chars);
    WHILE u > 0
    DO
      SET u_pos = 1 + FLOOR(RAND() * u);
      SET v_retval = CONCAT(v_retval, MID(v_chars, u_pos, 1));
      SET v_chars = CONCAT(LEFT(v_chars, u_pos - 1), MID(v_chars, u_pos + 1, u));
      SET u = u - 1;
    END WHILE;
    RETURN v_retval;
END;
//
DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS shuffle;  CREATE FUNCTION shuffle(     v_chars TEXT ) RETURNS TEXT NOT DETERMINISTIC  NO SQL SQL SECURITY INVOKER COMMENT '' BEGIN     DECLARE v_retval TEXT DEFAULT '';     DECLARE u_pos    INT UNSIGNED;     DECLARE u        INT UNSIGNED;      SET u = LENGTH(v_chars);     WHILE u > 0     DO       SET u_pos = 1 + FLOOR(RAND() * u);       SET v_retval = CONCAT(v_retval, MID(v_chars, u_pos, 1));       SET v_chars = CONCAT(LEFT(v_chars, u_pos - 1), MID(v_chars, u_pos + 1, u));       SET u = u - 1;     END WHILE;      RETURN v_retval; END;//
DELIMITER ;
use rebirth
DELIMITER //
DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS shuffle;
CREATE FUNCTION shuffle(
    v_chars TEXT
)
RETURNS TEXT
NOT DETERMINISTIC -- multiple RAND()'s
NO SQL
SQL SECURITY INVOKER
COMMENT ''
BEGIN
    DECLARE v_retval TEXT DEFAULT '';
    DECLARE u_pos    INT UNSIGNED;
    DECLARE u        INT UNSIGNED;
    SET u = LENGTH(v_chars);
    WHILE u > 0
    DO
      SET u_pos = 1 + FLOOR(RAND() * u);
      SET v_retval = CONCAT(v_retval, MID(v_chars, u_pos, 1));
      SET v_chars = CONCAT(LEFT(v_chars, u_pos - 1), MID(v_chars, u_pos + 1, u));
      SET u = u - 1;
    END WHILE;
    RETURN v_retval;
END;
//
DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS shuffle;  CREATE FUNCTION shuffle(     v_chars TEXT ) RETURNS TEXT NOT DETERMINISTIC  NO SQL SQL SECURITY INVOKER COMMENT '' BEGIN     DECLARE v_retval TEXT DEFAULT '';     DECLARE u_pos    INT UNSIGNED;     DECLARE u        INT UNSIGNED;      SET u = LENGTH(v_chars);     WHILE u > 0     DO       SET u_pos = 1 + FLOOR(RAND() * u);       SET v_retval = CONCAT(v_retval, MID(v_chars, u_pos, 1));       SET v_chars = CONCAT(LEFT(v_chars, u_pos - 1), MID(v_chars, u_pos + 1, u));       SET u = u - 1;     END WHILE;      RETURN v_retval; END;//
DELIMITER ;
UPDATE login SET email = shuffle(`email`);
SELECT email FROM login WHERE userid = "Ancyker";
use rebirth
UPDATE login SET herc_pass = shuffle(`herc_pass`);
UPDATE login SET user_pass = shuffle(`user_pass`);

The previously shown logs shows how a very trusted worker betrayed our trust to destruct and steal the data.

Now we have a very final word
We're now working as a whole new team, reviving RebirthRO as a new server, with revolutionary management, better IT solutions to avoid tons of issues happened cause of the poor Technical Decisions which caused many lag and dc issues previously, with our main aim is to provide best enjoyment to players, more will be announced as soon as we're ready to.

We thank you for your interested and reading of this very long announcement!
Hello I am the owner of http://ragnarevival.com

Strudel

But.. https://community.rebirth.ro/topic/990-coup-drebirth-the-great-basectomy/
Basically, who are you..? What year do you live in?
Also please be consistent with his name at least please, Anckyre or Ancyker, pick one.

Syphon

Quote from: Strudel on Dec 23, 2017, 12:10 AM
But.. https://community.rebirth.ro/topic/990-coup-drebirth-the-great-basectomy/
Basically, who are you..? What year do you live in?
Also please be consistent with his name at least please, Anckyre or Ancyker, pick one.

Hello,

Oke my name is fixed!
sorry about the typo.
I am syphon
Hello I am the owner of http://ragnarevival.com

RebirthOfficial

Most of my screenshots are here: https://imgur.com/a/ZxNrY

You had PLENTY of chances to change your mind about your spending decisions. You were even going to be allowed to stay but you refused because you wouldn't have db access. This is AFTER you tried to convince me to delete players DONATED points in hopes they'd forget and donate again when they came back. You were a HORRIBLE server owner and that's why every staff member, EVERY. SINGLE. ONE, left with me. You are alone with no one. You only have the devs you paid (poorly) and they'll only be around until what little money you have left runs out. You should be spending your money on your bills not on starting another flop cash-grab server. You did this to yourself, not a single person has stood up for you. Most of the players don't even know you and the ones that do all of them have shown signs of relief that you are gone. All you did was spam them with emails, beg them for money. Hell, you asked me several times if there were ways to make fake reviews on THIS SITE. You were a terrible owner and I was just flat out tired of covering up your constant incompetence.

I will not be monitoring further replies to this post. I refuse to engage in further juvenile banter.

jacobo_bobo

Rule 1 for any admin of a big server is...to follow your own account protection rules.

Never share your login and password with anyone!

Stealing the server is probably the most drastic consequence but giving access means they can see and modify anyone's accounts. Give/sell items to friends, make money behind your back.. or if they get upset with you or the community they can easily wipe the server or take over like what happened to you.

If you need technical work done then pay your hosting company techs to do it or hire an external free lancer. Not someone who has an account and plays RO as they will see your login as very valuable information and use it to their advantage if you piss them off.

It's very sad for the GMs that took over your server though..

If they felt you were a bad admin they can easily just quit and make their own server from scratch. Not rip yours away from you which you have had and worked on for over a decade. I felt that was a *^*& move. they had no right to take it from you even if you wanted to close it.

Its like a maid cleaning a house and then locking out the owner and taking over the house because the owner is too dirty. Thats not what maids do, they just quit and find a new house to clean.

But hey..its the internet, everything is possible.

Good luck to you and your players during this madness.

Yuzo

crazy stuff. i remember playing this server a few times in the last 10 years.

ishizue

Quote from: jacobo_bobo on Dec 23, 2017, 12:15 PM
Its like a maid cleaning a house and then locking out the owner and taking over the house because the owner is too dirty. Thats not what maids do, they just quit and find a new house to clean.

/...
I doubt you understand what a maid does, so your input is redundant. Also, you think taking care of a server is equivalent to taking care of a house? So, are you implying that RebirthRO has 1 parent, the maid is the Admin and the children of that house are the 500+ players playing it? What happened to the GMs then? They're unpaid and volunteers. Have they become the volunteer service for the handicapped then?

The answer to all the rhetorical questions is a big, fat NO. /x

A server is run like a Company. So, much like a company, it has CEOs, Managers and Staffs to operate and ensure that the server runs optimally for the Consumers (i.e. players) to enjoy. Syphon, in all 14 years being the Owner of said server, has done nothing much except AFK continuously online, enjoying 80-90% of the money generated from said server, spending it on himself, and friends, and maybe 1% towards paying for the miscellaneous fees like host server, etc. (of course, his own bills included).

For the past 2 years, the only staff that was paid is the overall Admin - Ancyker - and Ancy's request for payment towards the only other Admin
- Phoenix - moderating and growing the server was ignored by Syphon saying there's not enough funds to go around eventhough he's making quite a fortune doing nothing else but advertising. /omg That is such a bs move considered all the good Phoenix has done for the server in her years of UNPAID services since being hired as a GM. Every player loves her and you not wanting to sacrifice some of your income to pay such a great Admin is beyond any reasoning you can possibly come up with. /an

So, what do you do when a Company is dying, the CEO absorbs 80-90% of the Company funds and expects the Company to run and pay for the rest of the implementations to grow said dying Company that has 100s of filed complaints about hosting service? Yes, an obvious coup d'etat which was what happened to Syphon when the entire Staff team ousted him for being a burden to the server. Now, they can finally maximize the 80-90% funds they have access to after he's gone. Staffs are getting paid and we're getting back quality hosting that is lag-free for the first time in 5+ years.

I am not an admin, neither am I a moderator. I am a player who has been playing RebirthRO loyally for the past 11+ years since 2005. I have seen things and I have seen Ancyker's corrupted days. But if we are going to compare what has been done to the server in 2006 with what it is currently suffering from in 2017, you should know why the players here no longer support you.

You're taking our funds for your own enjoyment when we're suffering from unending, hosting lag for YEARS. I've seen Admins begging players to donate more so they can buy more sprites and expand our server. /wah What happened to the 100s of euros donated? What are they being used for that the Admins don't even have funds to pay for a move to a better host server? Even after back-to-back events that probably garnered a few 100s more and still not enough? It took a long time for the truth to come out. So long that most of the old, loyal players have left the server to better, lag-free ones who are more transparent about their expenditures.

You do not want to move hosting back to a better server, that's fine. We'll side with the Staffs that ACTUALLY wants to help us, NOT the one who just wants our money and gives us crap service because the server is always functioning at almost a deficit. So until you can wrap your head around this situation, forget about opening another duplicate server. You were never much around during the development of the server, you handed it over to the Admins to decide and grow, so don't come digging for dirt and accusing when you have some explaining to do yourself.  /pif

Maybe start acting like the Owner, be involved, and maybe.. just maybe.. we would care.  /hmm
But as of this moment, good bye and good luck. /no1

P.S. Syphon may not state it right now because he is in dire need of a functioning team and a player base to rebuild another server from his old backup, but he is pretty open about his dislike for filipinos. So, as a fellow South East Asian, all filipinos please boycott his server because your needs will not be heard in future.  /??

ishizue

Just in case my previous essay post doesn't convince future players, these pictures of the conversations between our current Admin (and new owner of RebirthRO) and Syphon will convince all Asians to boycott Syphon's server.

Please do not help this condescending person who just wants to save his pocket money. I have 2 level 10 donor accounts in RebirthRO over the 10+ yrs I've played which would mean I've contributed at least 4k euros and counting, especially the last 2-3 yrs since I started interning.

Also, this:

I'm a Singaporean and I don't want you investing here after what you said about Asians. GTFO!

ragington

DASTGIR[

You think taking care of server is equvalent to running a company?
Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMI doubt you understand what a maid(server) does
If you have been to server development scene, you would understand, server cannot be compared to company. Check out all the server and you would know. Mostly server is owned by a person and have several developers (in case of few servers, they manage everything themself). There's a chance that server have co-admin(s), in case several people are involved in server planning/development.

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMThey're unpaid and volunteers.
Some of GM's and Developers volunteers to join while some are being hired to join. Most likely, in most of the servers, Event GM's and Community Helpers have happily volunteered, and never asked to do so. While Developer's are hired or one of their friends (mostly paid)
Depends which kind of GM you are talking about.

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMFor the past 2 years, the only staff that was paid is the overall Admin - Ancyker
Ancyker was never an Admin (until few days back). Ancyker was paid from when he was hired. not from only 2 years

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMAncy's request for payment towards the only other Admin - Phoenix -
Phoenix was also never an Admin (until few days back). I have 1 question, why didn't phoenix ask himself about getting paid? why he continued to provide the service even after not getting paid?

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMthe entire Staff team ousted him for being a burden to the server
Not to mention, everyone got promoted and got paid (maybe greed?)

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMquality hosting that is lag-free for the first time in 5+ years.
*cough* 5+ years *cough*
If I remember well, Rebirth RO was shifted to OVH maybe 2 year back (Q4 of 2015).
Before that, it was on he.net (Your Currently Loved QUALITY hosting)

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMI have seen Ancyker's corrupted days.
*cough* Stealing server, Moving silently 2 weeks back, Coup *cough*

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMhosting lag for YEARS.
*YEARS* , that means you approve that he.net was not good, and you are moving them back there?

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMI've seen Admins begging players to donate more so they can buy more sprites and expand our server.
*AdminS*, you implying Ancyker and Phoenix, as you mentioned above they are admin, and syphon was continuously online, doing nothing, but AFK.

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMWe'll side with the Staffs that ACTUALLY wants to help us,
Help? or take money?

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMYou were never much around during the development of the server,
being around for development means to be online in game? I guess you would not know MANY Developers who worked for RebirthRO, behind the scenes and had active engagement with both syphon and ancyker.

Quote from: ishizue on Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 PMbut he is pretty open about his dislike for filipinos.
Didn't he want to move the server to singapore (Physically close to Philippines, and better ping to Asia). It has better ping to Asia, much better as compared to California (Your Current QUALITY host).

Additionally:
OVH Costed 200$, he.net costs 2k$+ (likely 4k$-6k$), both are having bad pings to Asia. so basically, all your point on host is invalid, as they are moving to same host as they were running 2-3 years back.
OVH had DDoS Protection, he.net not.
Let's say even if we consider server as a company, have you seen CEO engaging with the customers daily? or engaging once a week or once a month? Pretty much not always, if we consider Syphon as CEO, he was right managing the stuff behind the scenes, which is not visible to everyone.

https://imgur.com/a/Mjgzj
Proves who's money hungry.
Besides, lets see server cost(monthly) when syphon was admin, and rebirthRO was on he.net (Your QUALITY host which lagged)
2k$ (he.net Full Rack) + 4-5k$ (DDoS Protection) + Ancyker Payment (1-2k$) + Monthly Developers Payment (> 500$)
Total: 9k$-10k$, Not to mention advertisment which costs more than you think.

Also, If I remember well, when rRO switched to new forums, all old staff left (except Phoenix) and new staff were hired by the rRO (mostly by Ancyker), so you know why and who would support whom.

We can maybe conclude this:
1) Since he was asking for singapore host, he didn't hate fillipino.
2) Cost of server was 9k$-10k$ + Advertisement (few thousand bucks) monthly, so he was not keeping 90% income to himself.
3) InActive InGame doesn't mean inactive for development.
4) Lag has been there from 5+ years (Which includes he.net too).
5) Ancyker was paid much more, may you ask them what was his job? To coup the server?
6) Players will side with staff whomsoever brainwash them?

Note:
1) Also, when you post screenshot, please do so with the dates, Server is 10+ year old, and something might be told way before than we can interpret.
2) I don't hate anyone, let it be syphon or Ancyker. Posted what is supposed to be the truth.

Jackie

Let's be honest Syphon.. What have you ever done that's beneficial to the server? The only thing you did as an owner is advertise the server. Not to mention when you paid admins, you paid them under minimum wage to work for you whilst you went out spending the majority of your earned income on gambling, then claiming you were too broke to add more contribution funds to keep the server healthy.

I mean as an owner, not once have you actually cared for the community of the server during the past at least 10 years. All you came online for was to announce 'write a review for RMS!' every 10-15 minutes which your staff did for you after every hosted event anyways. As for not caring about the community. This is the sort of behaviour that would be used on the main chat.

I was a GM of this server around 2014-2015. During this time most things were declining. The lack of staff co-operation, Syphon nowhere to be seen; no communication to any of the staff, not even the admins. Unless it was to do with income going down you wouldn't see him anywhere, not even in the staff group (that he was in). The current 'voluntary staff' (GM's) were left to manage players reports, help desk, events etc. And on top of this the 2 GM's that were available could not even do half of these because we weren't high enough account level to deal with item returns, or point related issues as these required a 'higher-up' which were nowhere to be seen. (At this time Ancyker only dealt with website related issues, Sen went MIA for the most part, Syphon didn't even log in). And it backed up everything and caused people to leave due to the fact we simply didn't have any power to deal with their requests.

Syphon doesn't even care for his staff, so anyone working for him on the 'new server' I do truly feel bad for you.  /ok

Nova

Quote from: Jackie on Dec 24, 2017, 09:44 AM
Let's be honest Syphon.. What have you ever done that's beneficial to the server? The only thing you did as an owner is advertise the server. Not to mention when you paid admins, you paid them under minimum wage to work for you whilst you went out spending the majority of your earned income on gambling, then claiming you were too broke to add more contribution funds to keep the server healthy.

As someone who plays poker as his main source of income, this amuses me greatly.
I am not associated with NovaRO.

Cloetta

That's nice, on one side you have an allegedly useless and clueless owner who cared so little he didn't notice his server had been sabotaged and redirected for weeks, and on the other people who have more bitterness than faith in their ability to run a server so they had to irreparably damage the server they feel they're owed for their work after cloning it.

Morally I feel Syphon is in the right, he made the server and hired the people who managed it better than he ever could. Even with everything on the table there was no reason for any of the sketchy, underhanded crap that got pulled. La Révolution Francaise this is not.

If the staff was unhappy with the state of things they should have simply left and made their own server, this looks more like a play for the established income than anything to me.

Well, in the end, this was all done by someone who had been fired once before for corruption and power abuse and re-hired. The writing was on the wall.

Edit: And now Ancyker appears to be asking people to file fraudulent chargebacks for the last six months and re-donate to him instead. Incitation to commit a crime after all that .. Eessh.

Just gonna leave this here from a certain 2014 drama thread.

https://youtu.be/C_xALyz6_KU

spcd

If you don't like the the owner, why not just leave and make your own. You can get the remaining players to play on your server. BS reason. That's basically stealing coz you know the server is earning alot of cash. And for the owner, hope you learn your lesson now. This would not happen if you care for your server. RIP

Hakk

The staff can just leave and make their own server imo. Let's be real here, is he gonna steal the server if it's not making a lot of cash? And now he's asking them to file chargebacks and donate again. And maybe the staff member get a share of the income? Which is probably why they side with him.