RebirthRo

Started by SoGoneGuy, Dec 28, 2016, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoGoneGuy

Idk if I'm posting in the right place but I need some input on this server. Is it worthy of joining and investing my hard earned money and what little time I have to play into it?

Robert

I was playing on that server until just recently. Tbh it's taken a pretty decent spiral in the past several weeks. Around the same time the major GM of the server switched over to Hercules, the staff pretty much unanimously decided to leave. They made a detailed post explaining that situation themselves elsewhere.

They've had a few more GM's come on but the thing that made me tap out finally was that while i was following the bug tracker, there was absolutely no progress and seemingly little effort towards fixing a bunch of bugs that arose from switching to Herc. It was about two, maybe three weeks of no update there that I left.

Also, there was a Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale within which several people didn't get the items they paid for due to either a bug or a mistake. There's still a page in the forums about this and the System Admin basically laughed it off. Literally posted again after one of the players responded, saying it was no laughing matter, with a smiley face.

Finally, also because of the switch, the game lost what was basically months of balancing and changes. Part of the list of bug fixes n such is people asking about after cast delay, cooldowns and damage percentages on skills.

They had and still do have a lot of good features on the server, but the system admin is basically driving the server into the ground since he went back to actively taking an interest.

Oh, this last part is a bit irrelevant but the last post I saw made by the System admin was one talking about the benefits of donating. This wasn't a post meant to encourage people to donate, but went over the aspects of time spent and the value there in deciding whether to donate or not. The reason this struck me as wierd is that it's the second time in the forums that's he's mentioned Swagbucks as a way of getting cash in game.

SoGoneGuy

Swagbucks ? The donates are quite expensive but overall servers is really cool

Robert

Fair enough man. If you like it more power to ya. Just my experiences.

Lai

I played RebirthRO long time ago, and even knew the admin for some time.

I to be honest think RebirthRO is a good server, it's fair (the shops are available for all).

You should try it out, but it might be expensive, since ALOT of items can be bought from donation ~~ at least thats was when I played back in like 2007?

No matter what, RebirthRO team is the winner of life ~~ They are so rich now xD

SoGoneGuy

What is swagbucks? Lai, seems like your trying to troll bro

Robert

I dunno. Did a google search and it seems to be one of those cash/card rewards for taking surveys type setups. One was 5 bucks for paypal.

Tea_Pls

I wouldn't give any money to RebirthRO. I played there a long time ago and can tell you that I've never seen such blatant abuse of GM power, and the corruption...

Just go through the many threads about RebirthRO to see what I'm talking about.