Ragnarok-Online.org

Started by Scereye, Apr 26, 2010, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaezar

Same goes for me.

The concept is very interesting, but I don't think there's any more in me left to have a go at a 1x, even though what really got me hooked into RO was the outstanding sense of community you can accomplish/find in low rates (or, err, in an official server at least).

We'll see in August  :P Good luck to the people behind this project  ;)

Sirius_White

We will issue a press release within the next week. But be assured, this is definitely not "yet another server".

adhelle

Not that I don't believe you. But how does one get a license to run a server? This just seems like another pserver to me, apart from the great staff you seem to get there.

DarkDevine

Quote from: adhelle on Apr 27, 2010, 11:24 AM
Not that I don't believe you. But how does one get a license to run a server? This just seems like another pserver to me, apart from the great staff you seem to get there.
That and more will be explained in the press release.
Just make sure to read it, I'll post a link here if needed.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Lucian

Quote from: DarkDevine on Apr 27, 2010, 12:54 PM
Quote from: adhelle on Apr 27, 2010, 11:24 AM
That and more will be explained in the press release.
Just make sure to read it, I'll post a link here if needed.
Please do link us. I really want to read about this new server.

Scereye

I now splitted the Informations in the FirstPost between "Facts" & "Rumors" if you got any information, please let me know :D

Orange

RO is to dead for this tbh

Good luck though, sounds like it'll be great
:3

DarkDevine

Quote from: Orange on Apr 28, 2010, 09:21 AM

I always wonder about that.
I think RO isn't dead, it's just the fact that the whole community is now splitting over about 100.000 servers which lets it look kinda dead.
Personally, I played most MMORPGs out there, even WoW-crap, I always came back to RO, it's the only MMORPG I really like
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Descent

Quote from: DarkDevine on Apr 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
I think RO isn't dead, it's just the fact that the whole community is now splitting over about 100.000 servers which lets it look kinda dead.

Of which over 950,000 of those servers are corrupt. xD

Looking forward to the press release. Hell, I may even give the server a shot when it's open.
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Orange

Quote from: DarkDevine on Apr 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
Quote from: Orange on Apr 28, 2010, 09:21 AM

Personally, I played most MMORPGs out there, even WoW-crap, I always came back to RO, it's the only MMORPG I really like

Other MMO's with multiple servers just merge them when that happens.

RO's population being split over Pservers makes that impossible

So yeah, it does seem a lot more dead then it is, think of all the servers with 1-50 people just hanging out in pront, if they were all on 1 server you'd think the game has a lot of players.

RO has to good of a PvP/PvM to just die(Tried ~10 other games while playing RO myself, all of them had similar PvM and PvP had no skill involved and you could GvG without looking at your screen on atleast 5 of the games)

I still think this would be a lot better if it happened a few years ago ;-;
:3

DarkDevine

Quote from: Orange on Apr 28, 2010, 11:50 AM
Better late than never
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Abversen

Quote from: Orange on Apr 28, 2010, 11:50 AM

I agree whole-heartedly, but easily the biggest selling point to the server would be the history behind the dev's. Players could nearly rest assured that there would be 0% chance the server would have any problems whatsoever and this would work to their advantage. However, a lot of people know how harsh 1x rates really are. It's a mixed bag, one can only guess what it may come out to. I'm still saying the result will not be good, strictly speaking of population of course. But, you only know when you know. I hope for the best, but I'm the kind of guy to prepare for the worst first.

mystfitz

It sounds exciting for a possibility to have a server with a team that knows what they are doing.  Leveling makes me QQ though. 1x rates hold my attention for about a.... I have a ton of questions, but this really isn't the place or time to ask them, so all I can say is Good Luck, and I look forward to the official launch.

~Myst~

Sirius_White

The rates are not final yet.
We are completely aware of the fact that most RO players are not willed to start on a fresh 1x server anymore. Neither are we.
Due to the technical structure we can't say much about the final rates, but they are not going to be comparable to original '1x'. We will cover this in the press release, though.

mystfitz: You can drop us a mail or just visit our IRC channel :)

l2ue

Quote from: DarkDevine on Apr 30, 2010, 05:39 AM
Take your racism comments to your 4chan boards please.
If you don't know what's going on, don't post.

Ignore the offensive part.

Same Game. Different Server. Low Rate. Unlimited Possibilities.

Editted: I don't participate in the 4chan community.

"The school of the undefeated East!"
"The winds of the king!"
"Look! The East is burning red!"