RagnaRevo (Scam Alert)

Started by CrashNBurN, Mar 02, 2019, 02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashNBurN

The well-known scam team are back in action with their new upcoming season of the "Pay Me Bro, We Will Make Ragnarok Server" series.
In just a few months of RagnaREVO, the server has been in the top 5 list of "Dude pay me, I'll give you items" aka RMT, but little did they know about the number of players getting attracted to the server. (from 300 to 140) in 1 month is consider to be godlike, I believe this might be the biggest achievement in their scamming career.But, I fail to understand the link between them and RMS? http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&preview=1&serid=20570&url_sname=Ragnarok%20Revolution,Why RMS is supporting such scammers by publishing their servers on this platform and encouraging them to continue and spoil the name of the game itself?

Blinzer

RMS supports the freedom for anyone to list a server on their website. With great power comes great responsibility, and that lies solely in the hands of those using it.

Quote from: CrashNBurN on Mar 02, 2019, 02:07 AMWhy RMS is supporting such scammers by publishing their servers on this platform and encouraging them to continue and spoil the name of the game itself?

/pif

I want you to leave, take a nice long break, and think about what you've done. You're grounded.

yC

We have to give equal chance to start up servers.  We do not allow "Pay Me Bro, We Will Make Ragnarok Server" service to be posted in our paid service section because we encourage server owner to learn how to setup and mange their server instead of paying their ways out.  However, these services are allowed in other popular places.

CrashNBurN

"With great power comes great responsibility, and that lies solely in the hands of those using it."

"https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/google-is-taking-down-over-100-scam-ads-every-second-1910007"

When one does have an record of massive scamming and RMT issues and still continues to do so, RMS should be the medium of promoting such activities by advertising it to the players who is in-search for new servers, because at the end of the day they were leaded to it by RMS. This platform should not promote such servers, that's where the "KEY OF CHANGE" can be created. -well, This might be just perspective opinions, don't you think? Sir Blinzer. 

CrashNBurN

Quote from: yC on Mar 06, 2019, 12:56 AM
We have to give equal chance to start up servers.  We do not allow "Pay Me Bro, We Will Make Ragnarok Server" service to be posted in our paid service section because we encourage server owner to learn how to setup and mange their server instead of paying their ways out.  However, these services are allowed in other popular places.

yC, I am a fan of RMS from the time RO was running all over the mainstream with the title of the best MMORPG, There is this browser tab always booked for RMS while playing RO, I respect the management team to my topmost level who have been giving the "free-opportunity" to the new or experienced RO players a place of massive knowledge about the game.

Even though if you're not allowing such scenarios but leading them into such turns out to be the same.   

frenchbaguettey

the meme of the century is back at it again. what did they do this time? quit trying to hurt a server that isn't making that much progress. this world revolves around money and if you're honestly going to say don't let them advertise in a free advertising platform, then you might as well take out half the servers listed here because a lot (pretty much all) of servers are driven on donations/p2w to some extent that you just dont know

CrashNBurN

You mentioned about the free advertising platform. Well, my beloved "Always show-up to stand for the same person" brother, Even if RMS is giving us the privilege to access such knowledge without any cost billed, it is always build on a system ethics and  rules in which players depend on, that's the reason we still have RMS up and alive, from the year 2002? to 2019 >.
And about the server  "isn't making that much progress" I can drag down to one single word "Karma", It's just results from pointing back to the team's history.

Bue

I don't know why you are making accusation against RMS. But can you describe how this scam works and provide some evidence? Are you a victim of this scam?

CrashNBurN

Quote from: Bue on Mar 06, 2019, 08:02 PM
why you are making accusation against RMS.

Re-read my previously commented replies and kindly let me know in which sentence or line i have accused RMS. But yes, I have questioned about why such servers are being advertised? additionally I just conveyed my opinion accordance to my perspective.

Quote from: Bue on Mar 06, 2019, 08:02 PM
But can you describe how this scam works and provide some evidence? Are you a victim of this scam?

If you don't mind, kindly check into my profile created topics and hopefully you will find your explanations.

Nuclear

Quote from: CrashNBurN on Mar 06, 2019, 01:01 AM

When one does have an record of massive scamming and RMT issues and still continues to do so, RMS should be the medium of promoting such activities by advertising it to the players who is in-search for new servers, because at the end of the day they were leaded to it by RMS. This platform should not promote such servers, that's where the "KEY OF CHANGE" can be created. -well, This might be just perspective opinions, don't you think? Sir Blinzer. 

This is a really dangerous argument. RMS doesn't promote servers, it permits listing. If said listing goes against the TOS, it delists. Servers are promoted on the basis of user reviews. If it can be proven that said user reviews are fake, they are removed. This is by no means a perfect system, but to interpret it as RMS promoting such servers is disingenuous and simplistic.

Furthermore, RMS is not 'advertising' brenth servers. The server owners are doing their own advertisement. Brenth is featured in the Hall of Shame, which imo is the most any public forum should do. Censorship is distasteful, no one here is an innocent child. Use the information available and use your discretion when choosing to support servers instead of pursuing an online witch hunt.

If you accidentally supported an RMT based server or got scammed, you done f*** ed up and you'll learn more from that one mistake than any amount of censorship or de-platforming. Honestly, I would say your intentions are good except that you are clearly just looking for revenge after getting suckered.

Bue

Quote from: Nuclear on Mar 07, 2019, 12:40 PM
This is by no means a perfect system, but to interpret it as RMS promoting such servers is disingenuous and simplistic.

Honestly, I would say your intentions are good except that you are clearly just looking for revenge after getting suckered.

That about sums it up.

It is a cautionary tale for people who think they can pay their way into owning a server.

CrashNBurN

Quote from: Nuclear on Mar 07, 2019, 12:40 PM
I would say your intentions are good except that you are clearly just looking for revenge after getting suckered.

Thanks, Nuclear for commenting on the topic too, I was expecting a few known names for replies and happy to know that I wasn't wrong. It's often said that RMS is now the most widely-used Ragnarok database site in the world, Bear in mind that in many situations we can use either point the cause to the server owner or the medium which leads to such scenarios. The difference between them is that in the case of the second one, we want to question the RMS responsible management in which players depend whereas in the first one we are talking about a person (team) who is known to be popular in scamming people for economic purposes than investing that to create his own p-server that too for RMT, leading with the same intentions and tactics, creating & re-creating (loop) more than 5 servers till date and also working into various field like sub-admin or support developer just to get access into people's ideas and clone into his methods of $$ making scenarios. Well, I can't complain about the team's method because we are in the enslaved generation in which humans tend to find the easiest method (regardless of its cause) to earn cash. But Acknowledging it than supporting to let it happen just because of in-game player's can post reviews, RMS should re-consider its way of approaching such servers with RMS privileges. Sure, you can name it has my Revenge or Justice, My intentions that I don't want anyone to fall into similar traps and lose their valuable cash with such fake and misleading people.

Nuclear

Quote from: CrashNBurN on Mar 08, 2019, 07:09 AM
Thanks, Nuclear for commenting on the topic too, I was expecting a few known names for replies and happy to know that I wasn't wrong. It's often said that RMS is now the most widely-used Ragnarok database site in the world, Bear in mind that in many situations we can use either point the cause to the server owner or the medium which leads to such scenarios. The difference between them is that in the case of the second one, we want to question the RMS responsible management in which players depend whereas in the first one we are talking about a person (team) who is known to be popular in scamming people for economic purposes than investing that to create his own p-server that too for RMT, leading with the same intentions and tactics, creating & re-creating (loop) more than 5 servers till date and also working into various field like sub-admin or support developer just to get access into people's ideas and clone into his methods of $$ making scenarios. Well, I can't complain about the team's method because we are in the enslaved generation in which humans tend to find the easiest method (regardless of its cause) to earn cash. But Acknowledging it than supporting to let it happen just because of in-game player's can post reviews, RMS should re-consider its way of approaching such servers with RMS privileges. Sure, you can name it has my Revenge or Justice, My intentions that I don't want anyone to fall into similar traps and lose their valuable cash with such fake and misleading people.
Might want to look up the word 'brevity'. In short:

1. Why are you thanking me?
2. You are generalizing cause and effect.
3. Brenth is in the hall of shame for RMT and deserves it. In simpler terms, this is RMS 'acknowledging'. You simply do not understand how RMS works.
4. You don't want 'Justice' (dramatic much?). You are mad that he scammed you, so now you want to chase him around. Which is fine, but don't involve RMS in your little quest for vengeance.

CrashNBurN

Quote from: Nuclear on Mar 09, 2019, 12:12 AM
Might want to look up the word 'brevity'. In short:
0.A : OK Nuclear thank-you, i'll note it down.
1. Why are you thanking me?
1.A: I like thanking people. problem?
2. You are generalizing cause and effect.
2.A: Non of your business.
3. Brenth is in the hall of shame for RMT and deserves it. In simpler terms, this is RMS 'acknowledging'. You simply do not understand how RMS works.
3.A: Please tell me how RMS works? I would love to hear from you.
4. You don't want 'Justice' (dramatic much?). You are mad that he scammed you, so now you want to chase him around. Which is fine, but don't involve RMS in your little quest for vengeance.
4.A Now, you will tell me what i want? (Do you think so?) Are you best at assuming?, so you don't like anyone chasing him around? Oh sorry,it's fine,OK; I will involve Barak Obama or Donald Trump or even our office tea boy nuclear in my little quest for vengeance, but my friend,I meant, Mr brenth's friend, it's non of your business.

Just an opinion, Hall of Shame should be on the front page including the server that individual owns because even though HOS exist, there is no difference in the continuity. 

Nuclear

Quote from: CrashNBurN on Mar 09, 2019, 01:29 AM
0.A : OK Nuclear thank-you, i'll note it down.1.A: I like thanking people. problem?2.A: Non of your business.
3.A: Please tell me how RMS works? I would love to hear from you. 4.A Now, you will tell me what i want? (Do you think so?) Are you best at assuming?, so you don't like anyone chasing him around? Oh sorry,it's fine,OK; I will involve Barak Obama or Donald Trump or even our office tea boy nuclear in my little quest for vengeance, but my friend,I meant, Mr brenth's friend, it's non of your business.

Just an opinion, Hall of Shame should be on the front page including the server that individual owns because even though HOS exist, there is no difference in the continuity.
You seem kinda mad. Why are you getting so worked up anyway? All I did was point out the flaws in your elaborate rhetoric. If you don't like people disagreeing with you, you should consider avoiding public forums.

Anyway, I'm glad you're willing to learn from me about how RMS works, all you have to do is read my previous post. It's literally in the same page. Since you clearly don't like me, why not read the posts from the other people on this thread, all of whom are explaining how RMS works..

You think I'm Brenth's friend. Why? I've played on a couple of his servers and I don't particularly like or dislike the guy. Disagreeing with you doesn't make me Brenth's friend, sorry to break your little black and white bubble. For clarification's sake: I'm just supporting RMS. Stop using RMS as a vehicle to carry out your petty agenda.