A trend I have noticed, do you agree?

Started by Star Platinum, May 12, 2013, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagnarokSaga

Quote from: Novus Orbis on Jun 10, 2013, 09:33 PM
Yeah it's pretty common. Most people who play pre-renewal/low rates just want that nostalgiac feel of when they first played RO. And while nostalgia is a good feeling, it only lasts so long and players will eventually leave a server, searching for a new experience, if custom content is not implemented( Which requires a very dedicated coding staff and such, which is rare).

I also see a lot of stereotypes among pre-renewal players regarding renewal. Despite acting like it's some ungodly creation never meant to have existed, these people complain that it's "Too easy to level", or ,"You can reach the max level solo in one day". And, while these are true, I see the same group of people turn around and create an alternate priest, soul linker, Endow slave, etc. and just use item turn in quests to reach the maximum level fairly quickly.... In a sense, it's the exact same quest, turn in, quest sense that renewal gives; They just replaced item TIs with actual quests because of Bot abuse.

It's rare to have a dedicated coding staff, but hey...
I'm planning to open up a server actually... Thus is why this account is created...

With the coding staff, me and Gepard (yes gepard from rAthena) are going to handle it... Hopefully everything will come out satisfying /heh
As for the client updates & website, we have another team to focus on that...

With a team established, usually the greatest challenge is not on how could we implement a custom stuff, but it's always about the community, whether the community be able to accept it, or will they deny it. It's not always easy to think out new features & implement them and next thing you players love them... It usually brings out quite a lot of debates, and sometimes player leaving...
RagnarokSaga - Determined to bring you a better Ragnarok Experience! (Still Underconstruction)

Thoth

Quote from: RagnarokSaga on Jun 11, 2013, 07:29 AM
With a team established, usually the greatest challenge is not on how could we implement a custom stuff, but it's always about the community, whether the community be able to accept it, or will they deny it. It's not always easy to think out new features & implement them and next thing you players love them... It usually brings out quite a lot of debates, and sometimes player leaving...

just make what YOU would want to play. if its good enough for you guys (who have probably seen alot of games) then its probably good enough for everyone else.
people cant tell you what they really want, as usually they do not know themselves.

"we want more free stuff!" gm gives out free stuff. those who got the free stuff have nothing to do and no sense of accomplishment. those who did not get free stuff get really pissed off, feel left out and leave. 2 weeks later everyone has left. gm sits confused wondering wtf happened. "I only did what they said they wanted..." (I think this was cavalero, might have gotten the name wrong)

Chemical Crush

You know I kinda get why the low rate population want everything to be back in the dino ages of RO, but I like change.  I can NEVER find a low rate that is even close to what I want.  I hate that most people who make low rates don't customize crap.  It irritates me, to me a private server is made to expand what is offered from the legit servers.  So why won't someone even make a moderately customized low rate?  I know there are a few low rate servers out there that have a buttload of custom hats, but im not just talking about that.

:/  It just makes me sad.  Ive been with three serious RO servers who really wanted to change things up, course they all went down hill and the ideas were so great.  I just dunno whats up with non dedicated people.

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Jul 08, 2013, 04:32 PM
You know I kinda get why the low rate population want everything to be back in the dino ages of RO, but I like change.  I can NEVER find a low rate that is even close to what I want.  I hate that most people who make low rates don't customize crap.  It irritates me, to me a private server is made to expand what is offered from the legit servers.  So why won't someone even make a moderately customized low rate?  I know there are a few low rate servers out there that have a buttload of custom hats, but im not just talking about that.

:/  It just makes me sad.  Ive been with three serious RO servers who really wanted to change things up, course they all went down hill and the ideas were so great.  I just dunno whats up with non dedicated people.

I have the exact opposite problem with low rate non-trans servers. It's like they are all either too custom, poorly made, or have a s*** community.......or a combination of those. Ever since RetRO was closed down there hasn't been a single non-trans pserver with rates below 5x that is close enough to how it actually was to give the same feel. Can't someone just make one with very.....very few customs? Some of us actually liked the way it was!
Triper is really awesome! For real!

Chemical Crush

I honestly never played RetRO.  That I remember of anyways, I can see why someone would want that server though.  Haha.  No ones server is gonna be perfect.  :/

urboyfriend

What about me? i am a returning player from an era where there are no alternate second job... im going back to RO but ill stick with PS because im cheap  /heh and content-freedom. I have heard of this faster levelling in renewal thats why im searching for a low rate renewal one so im confident to play even if there are no multipliers.

Im confused though, i have read  people hate renewal because levelling is faster(then why play rated servers in the first place?) /hmm,  hates linear levelling?  /omg  the new game had alot of ojective based levelling aka quests, last time i checked, linear levelling means sticking into one map and grind there until my character lits up and grow a beared in real life  /...

This leads me to thinking people just hate renewal for the sake of hating it. Most probably the turning point is, people do not want to unlearn the old ones and learn new things  /ho

another thing i noticed in most PS, people had time making custom things but don't bother to fix things, example is alt+U i am literally stucked with the first quest after leaving the novice island because the npc i suppose to find in izlude is missing  /omg

out of topic:

do anyone knew other popular levelling quests other than eden? Im new here

Smoothie

RO2 is kinda different- Not the same as Ragnarok 1-

Even though Ragnarok is changing each and everytime. It pretty cool how Ragnarok 2, has different aspects in the game and toon like, esp. kafra holding a gun XD- which is hot in some ways.

but eh that's my opinion. ;o-

I just like to see something different happen in Ragnarok, something totally new.