PSA: Some caution when thinking about joining TitanRO

Started by snakeside, Oct 30, 2018, 06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snakeside

Context: https://www.reddit.com/r/RagnarokOnline/comments/9s1jpt/ugh_maybe_there_is_no_perfect_server/e8nnmz2/

So how bad can a server's management be to warrant a person to write such detailed negative feedback about the server?

mlbpro417

I've had the complete opposite experience of that poster while playing on TitanRO -- it's been a lot of fun and is completely stable, has weekly updates, and is the only pserver I know of which has faithful revo classic mechanics (I played iRO Restart from day 1).  The poster of that comment is a well known troll and I wouldn't read too much into it.  Trojal is actually one of the MOST competent GMs I've ever seen, and is providing a completely donation free Ragnarok experience similar to the old days of official servers before the cash shop.  That is unheard of for most private servers, and one of its biggest strengths.  At the end of the day, TitanRO is a stable server with no cash shop/p2w, a passionate population of players, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try out revo classic. 

Herpderp

I memed on TitanRO at launch and quickly left after I realized what a bumbling fool Trojal was. There were tons of bugs everywhere and the guy was too busy getting high on weed and talking about the ridiculous TitanRO merchandise he bought, and the server literally didn't even have a f*** website, presumably because he rushed the launch because he thought he could catch players from the iRO exodus (which failed miserably because most of them had already settled on Origins). Everyone I knew was soon driven away from the server because it clearly had no future, and I should add that this happened despite all of us being pleasantly surprised by how fun PvM was on revo-classic mechanics.

So yeah, everything posted in that reddit post by zexeta seems believable to me.  /ok