Privacy? Are GMs entitled to it as well?

Started by Denia, Apr 04, 2008, 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spira

Yes GM's are entitled to privacy. Why wouldn't they? Believe it or not, people don't like to be bugged by PM's all the time. I am fine with helping people out. It starts to get a bit much when they start asking questions that can be solved by searching RMS such as where do quests start and end, where certain NPC's are, and other information found faster than being able to type directions to.

I guess it comes into play if they GM is using their account to give out items, or do some underhanded activity under the guise of being a regular player.

Auroraâ„¢

Just like most people have said, yes. GMs do deserve their privacy, and they do deserve their off time. I guess it's a little different when the person is never active on the GM, yes, that's a different story. Though, GMs that do do their job are entitled to privacy, and having fun as a player, too.

The only problem, which has already been pointed out, is GMs that decide to abuse the powers entrusted to them, and decide it's alright to give themselves items, or any advantage at all, but if you think about it, that can be easily stopped. I've been on plenty of servers where the dropping of items on a GM/storage/trading is all disabled according to your level.

But, yes. Privacy of a GM (or just the allowance of having your own legit account to be on), I must say, is a must. Though, I don't believe that entitles them to ignoring people when asking for help. On a GM or on a legit, everyone should be just as willing to help.

» Coming Soon! «

Thorin

Quote from: Auroraâ,,¢ on Jul 11, 2008, 08:20 PM
On a GM or on a legit, everyone should be just as willing to help.
Greatest Truth Ever!

I agree, GMs should put their GM duties before playing thier legits.

Cady

Deleted

Aragorn

no bcuz if ur a gm you should be open... (>.>)

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

Cady

Quote from: Aragorn on Jul 12, 2008, 11:33 PM

Being too open can lead to bad things =\

Auroraâ„¢

Yeah, no GM should be completely open with any legit characters they have. I think it's already been stated here, but I've seen a lot of players try to falsify GMs cheating if they won a PvP match, or helping with the GM character if their guild managed to keep a castle during WoE.

In all honesty, a lot of harassment and bad could come from being too open; that doesn't make it bad, however. Just need to be careful.

» Coming Soon! «

Aragorn

Quote from: Cady on Jul 13, 2008, 01:08 AM
Quote from: Aragorn on Jul 12, 2008, 11:33 PM

Being too open can lead to bad things =\

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: GM Faith on Jul 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
Anybody who thinks they are suitable to be a GM invariably isn't.

Just like anybody applying to med school shouldn't be a doctor and anyone studying law shouldn't be a lawyer amirite?

GM Faith

If people were prepared to spend several years and several thousand of their respective currency to go to GM school, I'd consider it.

I should reword it to:

Quote from: GM Faith on Jul 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
Anybody who thinks they are suitable to be a GM based on thier own merit and opinion invariably isn't.

Better?
Impossible is nothing..

Cady

I know a GM who was too open and, people harassed her about getting her phone number. So she quit.