So, kRO's starting to work on 3rd classes.

Started by Ashe, Jan 10, 2008, 01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashe

Alright everyone. back when The Trans classes first came out, kRO devs tested skills and developed the classes before the sprites were done, so they just made a different palette for the 2-1/2-2 class to test with.

The Original palette, that you would see on the official servers like iRO, are the regular palette. aka "0.pal"
The Trans classes, before their sprite were made are "1.pal"

From what I see, 2.pal is the 3rd class under development, before the sprites are released/finished.

Now, this is pretty nice news for some, while not so much for others.

With 3rd classes under development, there is a -great- amount of balance issues that need to be worked around before these classes are released.

Obviously, if Transcendent characters can become 3rd class, they'll have 100 extra status points. Which can give them an unfair advantage.
How will Gravity keep the game balanced with the new max level of 150? What are your hopes for 3rd classes? Will you Change to a 3rd classer?

I estimate that 3rd Classes will be on the iRO servers, where I currently play, within a year and a half, maybe more, maybe less.
edited

Zone

These look like just dyes.
Actual classes have been reported, classes like Ranger, or Mechanic.

Pandora

Read his post hehe he explains that the dye for 3rd class is out, that's how he knows they're coming (so he says).

I'm looking forward to the 3rd class, but concerned over balance of course, level 150... x_x

Also, the need to make a new 2nd job 99 is just.. erking. I know they do this to keep players interested but I put myself in the shoes of a player of kro/iro with an account full of trans and having to delete one (or buy another account) just to re-get to 99 then 3rd class.. >.> of course on private we can just create a new account for free thankfully.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Zone

Ok, so that would explain why I have 2 skills on my neRO GM account that error me when I go past them on my list.
So they use the seperate dyes like aco, high aco, 2-3 aco seeing how they change. And the 2-3 is just to be used for testing?

NikitaDarkstar

Thats pretty much it Zone, instead of waiting for the sprite to be done they just make a new dye for one of the existing classes and use that to test skills etc. Most pepole who where around when trances came remember that.

Also whats erroring you is most likley missing graphics on your end if they error you just because you scroll past....

Zone

I dunno there is a skill called fortune or something.
I have my sakray updated as of today. ._.

Terag Runner

My question is if they will add the dye to the stylist after the 3rd testing is done because the assassin one looks pretty sick.

Thorin

Yea......i'm trying not to get to excited since it'll probably be atleast another year before we get them. Rune Knight actually seems to make knights more playable too.

but.....let me get this right you go trans then to 3rd class or do you choose between trans classes and 3rd classes when you first hit 99?

and is it really gonna be max lvl 150 on 3rd classes?

Majora_younglink

Quote from: GM Thorin on Jul 10, 2008, 05:17 PM
Yea......i'm trying not to get to excited since it'll probably be atleast another year before we get them. Rune Knight actually seems to make knights more playable too.

but.....let me get this right you go trans then to 3rd class or do you choose between trans classes and 3rd classes when you first hit 99?

and is it really gonna be max lvl 150 on 3rd classes?

Both. You can go 3rd class from a 2nd class or a trans 2nd class. The benefits of beings trans being obvious.

And the lvl 150 thing if I recall doesn't give you any stats or something. I forget exactly.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Well, basically speaking, we don't know jack.

Oh, and 3rd classes will probably never reach eAthena anyway.