Player wants to buy Server for 4500USD, Server Owner accepted

Started by ~EXKillA~, Jan 08, 2009, 06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~EXKillA~

To beginn with:

Server Owner:
Thats not me,
its a guy which is ONLY handling the Donations,
when he comes online he is most of the times drunken and creates items, which we (gm team) delete right away when we hear about it.
He did some updates long time ago but he stopped it and when he do something, then he just makes it, like Amor [4] without asking anyone, just because a player which will be mentioned below, had told him.
he makes everything for money

GM-Team:
our team consists of 3 GMs for about 40-45 Players
all 3 GMs do everything, working in server like doing updates, making events do supporting
got access to everything except the donations, which is all right,
we give our very best to satisfie everyone and to do everything for our players and most of them like us as we are and the are all loyal to us
the only gm with gm 99 is me, i am te only one who gives out the donations, *get informations from owner* and handling gms, making decisions and the rest

THAT Player:
that player mentioned above, is an american player, 19 years old, and is the best donater in my server
due to the fact that he is the best donater, he thinks that he can do what he want
he demands events for pvp and card changes and stuff for him, and when we 3 gms are against it he runs to our owner, cry in front of him and even got a AMOR [4] from him -.- on a MID rate server..
when we found out we deleted the amor and our owner went that mad that he nearly wanted to kick is
but nja... what shall we do...

AND NOW THAT PLAYER
offered our owner 4500 USD for our server
he wants to take over my server, and i can say my server, becauce i worked on this server since the server started, i offered more than 2 1/2 years of my time to keep this server alive,
i went with the server through all ups and downs and i wont give up this server

that player never managed to start his 2 servers he wanted to start
that player wasnt even able to go on with a server, which we gave him, he just had to implement some npcs and set it to online
and all his ideas are totally for pvp servers and most of his ideas arent good *from everyones side*

when i told him in forum that i wont accept this decision he told me that he wont change much stuff and that "i can stay as a gm if i want to"
nja when i read the chatlogs of the server i found out that he will turn the server mostly into pvp, changing most of the mvp cards and other things

then i told him that we 3 gms are not accepting this and will leave the server and take everythin WE made with us, which means that we will take out:

all custom maps
all custom monster
all custom items
all sprites
an that we will take all the players whith us, which want to go with us
and that we are going to make the except server again, maybe with a other name, or not

because that guys wants to take over our work we have done in the past years without telling us and wants to change it
he is a lazy d**** spoiled child *like everyone says* who is just way too lazy and not able to start a new server
so he has to buy a running server with low player amount on it, which is alright as it is.

we 3 will never allow it that someone *owner* just sells OUR work for money and give the ownership to someone which is NOT able to start a new, start again or runn a server!
we cant let it happen because of the players which play on because most of them will definitell leave this server

at the same day i made a thread in my forum, with a poll and wrote the same thing like i wrote here and let the players decide and most of them said in this thread that they will leave with us

and sofar, look at the poll i just put in here

this is the result of that players idea

so if this definitelly is happening, we will quit, take everything with us, and make a new server and let the players go on on our server with the current status they have now on our server

my questin to you is now, what do you think about this if you were a player or a gm

[color=red]ECCHI-RO has been moved

New Domain >>>>>> http://ecchi-rag.com/ <<<<<< New Domain

We also activated our old Forum until we fixed our current one, please check out the Homepage[/color]

Littlechan

I feel sad for you too...

hmm....if I were a GM or a player...I'll ask my friends (if there's any) to search other server with me...if they don't want, then I'll search it by myself...

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

~EXKillA~

we just need a new server place to open the exact copy of this server again
and then we make a last update on the old one and reset it to its standard back

We also activated our old Forum until we fixed our current one, please check out the Homepage[/color]

Head Monocle of DOOM

Wow that guy's wasting $4500 on a server. No offense but no matter how good a server is it's not worth $4500.

And I must say your plan is a good one. Let the guy think he's getting his way and stab him in the back by ripping the very essense of the server's uniqueness from his tainted clutches. Good show.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

ChemicalW

Well if you want to leave then just leave I guess.

If I was a GM and see all my work stolen, I'd be pretty pissed. Especially if I lose it to someone who's stupid enough to dish out 4.5k dollars for a private server.

Descent

My advice to you if it goes through?

Leave, trash the SVN and your custom stuff while you're at it. Take EVERY edit with you and leave him with a barebones SVN that HE now has to customize himself.

Little Donator Boy will learn how to be an Admin the hard way, and THIS, my friends, is why RO private servers are going down the tubes...players see bullsh*t like this and think that all of us(server owners) are like that.

Teach this twit the hard way: Mommy and Daddy's credit card only goes so far.

Head Monocle of DOOM

Quote from: Descent on Jan 08, 2009, 07:34 AM

Leave, trash the SVN and your custom stuff while you're at it. Take EVERY edit with you and leave him with a barebones SVN that HE now has to customize himself.

Little Donator Boy will learn how to be an Admin the hard way, and THIS, my friends, is why RO private servers are going down the tubes...players see bullsh*t like this and think that all of us(server owners) are like that.

Quoted for sheer brutality and truth.

~EXKillA~

i told him that too about the money...

hey i could live 3 full years, 3x 365 days with 4500usd!!!!
sorry but with that much money i never, really NEVER would buy a server, even when the server has <50 player .___.

nja and our idea will be done anyway
even when he wont buy the server, we will move our server and leave that player and our server owner... swt

Head Monocle of DOOM

If you have accesss to their IP's pre ban them for Crimes against Ragnarok Online as a whole.

I'm looking forward to seeing if that owner and his player buddy will raise kain here. I haven't seen a good soap in a while.

Pow

Quote from: Descent on Jan 08, 2009, 07:34 AM

And from the sounds of it, this guy would have no clue what he is doing.. What would I do?

• Let him take the server.
  • Tell him you will continue with your support
  • Tell all of the players to keep an eye on their stuff
  • Create a back up of the MySQL database and your SVN additions
  • Once this is done, 'follow' him for a few days
  • Change the root MYSQL password and RDP password to the machine.
  • Win - b**** loses his money and you keep your server.

That is all.

-Pow
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Descent

If anybody here has ever watched "House M.D.", this reminds me of a short story arc on that show.

A man named Edward Vogler, a multibillionaire, donates $100M USD to Princeston-Plainsboro hospital, but his donation comes with strings...he wants to be Chairman of the Board. As a result, he then starts changing things around the hospital, trying to run it like a business. They eventually oust him and give him his money back.

Same thing will probably happen with this tool. If he gets ANY sort of power, he'll probably use it to make his legit unstoppable, and players will leave in the process. Not to mention making changes around the server that won't be welcome, and the only excuse he'll have is "Well I bought this server, I can do what I want".

Ah, I love karma.

~EXKillA~

we already made a total backup of the server, including mysql and everything
we also prepared our special update, which will take everything out of the server and resets everything so that he will have an empty 1/1/1 server, with NO accounts and nothing

Head Monocle of DOOM

Pandora

Why were you sticking with an admin like that anyhow?

I mean, sure rich boy seems stupid for forking that much money, but the admin you speak of who comes online drunk and hands out items really seems no better, there are tonz of servers why work there for over 2 years..?

Good luck with your new server.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Orange

I would of left with an admin like that, and the rich kid sounds extremely stupid... does he expect people to stay or does he want to pay $4500 for an empty server(besides him and like 3 people who will be stupid if they are willing to stay), which he could start up for free...
:3