Opinion on Free2Play Asia?

Started by Oldschooler, Feb 09, 2016, 01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldschooler

Ehh, so I still haven't really found a great server yet that I feel like would last.
I've had my eyes on free2play asia and it seems to be pretty good and reflects the oldschool RO feel. Even WoE looks oldschool.

I would prefer some American/Canadians opinion on it, but others are free to input an opinion also.

My main concern is the FPS. Im in Canada, Toronto which is like East coast? What would my ping be? The webpage takes a few seconds to load and normally it's lightning fast for other sites.

Do you think this server will last more than 2 years? How is the management? Woe/pvp population? Multiple active guilds?

Much appreciated!

kmart

i've been in free2play asia server and it' good and a decent server it's a worth a try server

removed

Triper

Future Posters:
Let's not transform this into a server seeking thread. He made a question, focus on the answer instead of advertising other servers.

Your intentions may be good but this is a server discussion topic.

Oldschooler

Thanks

Im keeping an eye on some other servers, if it lasts over a year and still has a decent player base ,I'll probably try them out.

I'm goingto try free2play for now !

neoneoneo

Just left the server. And others are leaving too.

-Market is very unstable
-The server is lifeless during 2x days(weekdays). Only gets a bit active on weekends which has a 3x mod.
-Many guilds have stop participating in WoE
-Player population not improving.
-Payon is the only town with people.(prontera has autotrade bots,other towns only have people when woe)
-Monks are op in pvp room because of a healer(hp & sp + agi bless). Consider knights op as well cause they always get their most needed buffs without the help of priest.(i have played there as a knight and its very easy to kill all characters who are not from the swordsman route)
-donation items are overpriced

I guess if you only play at weekends, you can atleast enjoy the server. Imo the server is pretty boring.

Playtester

Why not join a server when it starts and have great fun for a year until it dies rather than waiting one year, mistrusting that the server would last, not having any fun and then telling everyone "Told you so" when it dies?

Oldschooler

Quote from: Playtester on Feb 10, 2016, 03:25 AM
Why not join a server when it starts and have great fun for a year until it dies rather than waiting one year, mistrusting that the server would last, not having any fun and then telling everyone "Told you so" when it dies?

Because if I'm going to grind on a server and get all my endgame items, I don't want it to be wiped after a year. I want to keep those items and build on it. Who the hell wants to join a server, grind, enjoy for 1 month,  server dies, repeat? Not me.

Playtester

Quote from: Oldschooler on Feb 11, 2016, 12:40 AMBecause if I'm going to grind on a server and get all my endgame items, I don't want it to be wiped after a year. I want to keep those items and build on it. Who the hell wants to join a server, grind, enjoy for 1 month,  server dies, repeat? Not me.
That's just how RO servers are these days. The people that still join RO servers are those that just want to play to max level, do some WoE competition and then move to the next server. The ones that don't want to do any server hopping found their server years ago. Still better having fun for a while than having no fun at all.

Triper