Insulting Servers You Play On

Started by Guest, Oct 19, 2008, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Oh, like you never kicked a kitten just for fun.

Dean Stark

hello, i'm new here

anyways i might have got the feeling that he/she's just pissing new and old players just so to intimidate other guilds, like making some competitor's guild member(s) so annoyed that they'd leave the server? or rather lessen the competition by telling ppl to leave?

sorry i'm not really into these things, just wana try to post something...

Fruityla

He's a Drama Llama. It's just that simple :3
Old game is old.

Littlechan

Quote from: JJJ on Oct 19, 2008, 02:59 PM
Okay, so why is it that on just about every server you go to you have these seemingly hatred fueled people that just want to kill the image of the server and watch it crash and burn. But, these players still play on that server and they participate in events, in war of emperium,  and etc. So why is it that these players play on the server, yet do just about everything in their power to kill it? So I just fail to understand that, you play there, you have gears there, you have money there, you have friends there, you have characters there, yet you want to kill it?

So just in case you guys  don't understand what I mean here's an example:

A player is on a server, he has a level 97 Whitesmith, and over 15 million zeny to his name, he is fully geared for war of emperium, and has more pots then he'll ever need. Then he repeatedly goes to other places, like the server's forums, and RMS, and creates posts that are meant to be nothing more then harmful, he also goes on alt characters to do things like spam in Prontera, and WPE drop arrows and other annoying acts, he also tells new players to leave, in a not so kind manner and he insults just about everyone. But here's the thing, he still plays there everyday, with his friends and his guild, yet everyday he does everything in his power to hurt the server.

So can someone explain why some people feel the need to do this?

Oh, and the "He's trying to change the server" excuse doesn't work, because he's willing to state that he just wants the place to die

because people like to see someone in trouble? :3?

seriously, which one do you prefer? people got burned till death, or people who die in peace? :3?

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Hutchy

I prefer not to watch people die at all. XD

Ayu

Hm dealt with some behavior problems in a server before and we were having a chat with what's the problem and reasoning to all the ruckus. After a lot of talking, this particular player admitted that he can be more mature, but "at this point in time, the way things are is more fun" *shrug* Passion rules over logic, I guess...

Being considerate is not a given. Some people like to cause trouble just to see how you will overcome it on purpose, and they will give you multiple obstacles non-stop because their hobbies and fun derives from seeing other people in these kinds of situation. Similar to what other posters have said about some people like to avoid drama because 'it's nothing but trouble', but to some others, drama is 'interesting to read.'

Hutchy

Quote from: Ayu on Oct 20, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hm dealt with some behavior problems in a server before and we were having a chat with what's the problem and reasoning to all the ruckus. After a lot of talking, this particular player admitted that he can be more mature, but "at this point in time, the way things are is more fun" *shrug* Passion rules over logic, I guess...

Being considerate is not a given. Some people like to cause trouble just to see how you will overcome it on purpose, and they will give you multiple obstacles non-stop because their hobbies and fun derives from seeing other people in these kinds of situation. Similar to what other posters have said about some people like to avoid drama because 'it's nothing but trouble', but to some others, drama is 'interesting to read.'

I hate that mindset. "Ashueshueshueshue, let's bother the staff and players and then laugh when they get upset!" It's like nobody realizes that behind every (well, most) character sprite is an actual PERSON.

Ayu

Quote from: Hutchy on Oct 20, 2008, 01:22 PM
It's like nobody realizes that behind every (well, most) character sprite is an actual PERSON.

Supposedly, "THIS IS THE INTERNET" allows all sorts of option. To some people, you ought to be 'prepared' for the world (both online and offline) when you enter the world for these sorts of negativity that babysitting is a thing of the past. Sadly these people fail to recognize that they are the ones who started these negativity to begin with...

Another popular outlook is that "someone had to be the mean one out there to get things done, and that person is me." Supposedly it helps you grow, maintain order/progress and speed things up? Social Darwinism I guess... if you can't handle it, they'll be happy to make this world 'better' by 'eliminating' you cause you are obviously, not meant for 'survival' as you aren't 'fit enough.'

It's a nightmare as a GM to handle them =(

Hutchy

Quote from: Ayu on Oct 20, 2008, 01:31 PM
It's like nobody realizes that behind every (well, most) character sprite is an actual PERSON.

Supposedly, "THIS IS THE INTERNET" allows all sorts of option. To some people, you ought to be 'prepared' for the world (both online and offline) when you enter the world for these sorts of negativity that babysitting is a thing of the past. Sadly these people fail to recognize that they are the ones who started these negativity to begin with...

It's a nightmare as a GM to handle them =(

Believe me, I know. :< I don't think that "this is the internet" is a valid excuse to be a jackass, though.

Pandora

I hate that mindset. "Ashueshueshueshue, let's bother the staff and players and then laugh when they get upset!" It's like nobody realizes that behind every (well, most) character sprite is an actual PERSON.
I know right?

I've seen a player once bribe other players into swearing and insulting the gms on main channel, talk about being a jerk.

But this kind of behavior is not limited to RO, jerks are everywhere on the internet and in real life too, it's just easier in life to keep them away from our close circle of people (unless you have to work with them), while in game you have to endure them, unless they break a rule of the server and get banned.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Hutchy

Quote from: Pandora on Oct 20, 2008, 01:56 PM
I know right?

I've seen a player once bribe other players into swearing and insulting the gms on main channel, talk about being a jerk.

But this kind of behavior is not limited to RO, jerks are everywhere on the internet and in real life too, it's just easier in life to keep them away from our close circle of people (unless you have to work with them), while in game you have to endure them, unless they break a rule of the server and get banned.

It's also easier to avoid IRL because people can't hide behind their anonymity. @_@

Pandora

So true.

There was a post not too long ago on this board about pricks like that called "keyboard warrior" who act big and all on the internet.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Aaronock

Easy to act big when you can't see a person.
I don't understand people sometimes, if you do hate the GM's and such and such and such thing on a server, why not move somewhere else?  Then again, some people enjoy being Drama Llamas and they get their kicks peeving people off for their own satisfactions.  Probably to feel big *points back to first sentence*

Okale

I've seen this happen on every RO server I've played on, without exception. I sometimes joke around that it should be renamed to Drama Online, because it seems this game really attracts a lot of it. XD

I can only speak from my own experience, but most people do it to get attention. Amongst the sea of people playing, it's hard to stand out. Even if you get to max level, fully geared out, tons of zeny/items, someone else can get to where you are with enough time, and a lot of it can't even be seen normally. They might feel like they'll eventually be forgotten, so they want to make an impact while they still can. Nobody will remember you unless you do something interesting, like become the most notoriously hated person on the server.

Some people do it just to see how far they can push it before they get punished. Some people just like to get under others' skins. Some do it because they're bored and they think of it as entertaining. I've even seen people say "this is the best server I've ever played on, but I just can't resist screwing with people."

Descent

Quote from: Okale on Oct 20, 2008, 05:22 PM
I've seen this happen on every RO server I've played on, without exception. I sometimes joke around that it should be renamed to Drama Online, because it seems this game really attracts a lot of it. XD

I can only speak from my own experience, but most people do it to get attention. Amongst the sea of people playing, it's hard to stand out. Even if you get to max level, fully geared out, tons of zeny/items, someone else can get to where you are with enough time, and a lot of it can't even be seen normally. They might feel like they'll eventually be forgotten, so they want to make an impact while they still can. Nobody will remember you unless you do something interesting, like become the most notoriously hated person on the server.

Some people do it just to see how far they can push it before they get punished. Some people just like to get under others' skins. Some do it because they're bored and they think of it as entertaining. I've even seen people say "this is the best server I've ever played on, but I just can't resist screwing with people."

So true.

HI OKALE!!! I was "Unjust" on Ardent and Essence. /offtopic