Rate your Halloween

Started by bleu, Oct 25, 2008, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinae

Well my video card decided to die just before Halloween, so I just spend time with my wife.

Too bad I missed all the fun, but at least my wife was happy. =)
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Pandora

As far as eventing goes, in addition to the quest we had some events on the 31st.

In the afternoon Ayu hosted an event, I think there was a storynight (people tell stories with words given to them, a sort of Improvisation) and a costume contest where players had to dress up and then explain their costume. I wasn't there (work) so I don't have more details.

During the evening I hosted a 4 parts event with novices, novice-events have the advantage of making all players equal.

We started out with a poring smash in an Izlude town clone, lots of porings filled with items, the little halloween novices had to whack them to get the stuff inside. There was healing items (for the other parts of the event), as well as chance items (obb, opb, wrapped mask, taming giftsets), and various other equips or misc (elu, ori, haircut coupons, pet eggs, slotted shoes and mufflers, etc). The porings and drops were quickly killed by the avid novices and we moved on to the 2nd event.

The next part was inspired by a post in this thread, that depicted an event on official server I think. I brought my novices to a Payon clone map and spawned Zombies all over the place, I then teleported to a spot and told them the first one to reach me would get a prize. The players could see my location on the minimap (I have an event-guild where I put all the novices in the event for easy teleporting). Most died, but a few reached me, the first one to trade me received a prize. I repeated this a few times, and was happily surprised at their skills to avoid the zombies, even if the mobs walk slow there was a lot to avoid and they had to walk to the other end of the town usually (I would recall them in one spot and then move somewhere far).

For the last part we moved to a Morocc clone and I used an unguilded character to open shops in the city, players had to find my shop and those few who did were able to buy some items (Novices start out with 500z and my items were all priced so that they could afford it), I repeated this a few times, then recalled everyone and made a last shop so they could spend their zeny for the ones who still had some.

Finally, at popular request we had 1 round of novice pvp, I warped them to a small map and after a countdown turned on PVP. Then I warped them to a special npc who handed them one last prize and a kafra storage pass to store their goodies.

Overall I think it was a fun Halloween, hope everyone enjoyed it as well. Talon events seemed really fun (love the thana maps!), seems ronin did something too, I hope we're not the only 3 servers who made something special. Now let's start planing for xmas! xD
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Hutchy

Christmas > Halloween~

Pandora

Hmmmmm I dunno Halloween is a lot of fun, I'd say Christmas = Halloween ^_^
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Poki

I completely missed Halloween.  Did absolutely nothing to enjoy the wonderful day. At least I made certain little kids happy by giving them a haunted mansion to go through in real life, but aside from that... Nothing for me.

Oh well, time to wait for Christmas. That shall be the day where I go around from server to server.

Rudolph Zyaber

Pretty Decent Halloween I guess.  I had no amazing costume like I wanted (A Whitesmith with a freaking HUGE axe made out of foam) but the partying was pretty awesome and walking around with my friend downtown while he was in his kickass Master Chief Costume was quite the experience.  Sadly, he did not win the costume contest, the judges felt that stupid costumes > Amazing Costumes with a lot of work put into them =/  Them's the breaks I guess.  Will see if I can upload some pics later.

As for server related stuff, apparently Essence is still doing stuff up until the 7th of Nov.  or so.  I sadly can't check it out due to no computer that can run it around me atm. =P  I'll get tira or someone to post about it sometime.
Bleh

bleu

@Pandora

I wanna see some pictures or it never happened. Just joking. But some screenshots would be cool  /no1
I think heRO got great events - I especially wanna see a screenshot of a Novice Royal Rumble- hehe