Reopened server after banned?

Started by Kensei, Dec 09, 2011, 01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kensei

So from what I've seen here
http://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-reports/gm%27s-are-giving-out-rewards-for-players-to-make-them-a-review/

VanhildRO has been banned from RMS for mentioned reason. But now..
http://forum.ratemyserver.net/mid-rates/vanhildro-%28grand-opening-dec-17-2011%29/msg141566/#new

I know this server has been up for some time, yet now they said those were BETA PHASE (lol what?), so they said, re-wipe and re-open (lolwutwtfbbq), and post another advertisement as mentioned above

Latest FB post

What I want to ask/discuss :

1. Is it even allowed to re-advertise server after they're reported for violating rules?
2. Does every private server has BETA PHASE or what? o.o I thought only official has it LOL.
3. Wipe, reopen. But previous donator will get their donated items (finee). Players on BETA PHASE (lolwut) will get special item? What kind of wipe is this lol.
4. Been seeing some plagiarism war @ FB page. I don't even..

Erebus

Beta phase's are common practice now. If you were about to open a server and added a bunch of scripts/quests and etc, wouldn't you want a bunch of unpaid workers testing everything out for you and reporting back to you?

I don't believe this server should be allowed to re-advertise for the fact that they have broken the rules clearly with offering items for reviews. It's pathetic that some servers have to take that route...

Kensei

AFAIK Vanhild never announced their first opening as Beta. More like excuses so the previous phase's offense (reported here) can be voided.

And RO is not a new game where there might be 2132189372 bugs or errors that might happen if you're applying common scripts. Unless you're making a brand-new script that eAthena or other servers have, that is different case.

DavionFuxa

A Beta Phase is still important - you don't just open a server and decide it's open, you have to decide what the server will be and through trial and error and possibly a reset you get it ready. As for rewarding beta testers, that's something server owners can do if they want and it is nothing new.

As for de-listing servers for breaking the rules and re-listing them, I'm wondering if people simply don't know the rule about being de-listed for giving reviews for your rewards. I'm thinking that while some people might know the rule, others might not else we would see people advertising it on their forums or main site so much.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: DavionFuxa on Dec 09, 2011, 10:43 AM
A Beta Phase is still important - you don't just open a server and decide it's open, you have to decide what the server will be and through trial and error and possibly a reset you get it ready. As for rewarding beta testers, that's something server owners can do if they want and it is nothing new.

As for de-listing servers for breaking the rules and re-listing them, I'm wondering if people simply don't know the rule about being de-listed for giving reviews for your rewards. I'm thinking that while some people might know the rule, others might not else we would see people advertising it on their forums or main site so much.

I can see where people would offer a beta.  Though this isn't the main issue, the main issue is the whole incentive for review / relisting cause it was a beta deal.

When you make a listing on RMS for your server you are agreeing that you read the tos, which states that incentive for review is a no no. So the excuse of 'they probably didnt know' isn't valid.  If they didnt take the time to read the rules, oh well, the rules still apply to them and they are delisted.  As far as being relisted or anything, I don't think this should be allowed.  I don't care if it was a Beta phase or not, they were giving incentives for reviews, they broke the rules and the rules should still apply regardless.

yC will have to answer on this one though.

yC

To answer the first post.

1.  If you read the ToS in full somewhere in the end you will see for first violate a server is allowed to sign up again after 2 weeks from the date of suspension.  If you are caught violating a second time then no, don't come back or we'll delete your listing with or without notice.  But you know how server manage to come back? They r*n*** and w***, I feel bad about that, our goal shouldn't take player captive.

2.  I don't know.  It's up to any server to choose to have a beta period or not.  I think lower rate private server can have them to give an accelerated rate try-out, so to make sure everything right minimize the chance of exploit/abuse etc before going live.  Because it could take months before player reach certain stage and discover problems if the server rate is low enough.

3.  That is up to the server.  I think it's a way to keep the old players on the server after the wipe?  But can be abusable and obviously miserable.  Think of it, if you do it 10 times you might just accumulate a few people each time and lol a way to get players?

4.  plagiarism war?  What do you mean? 

Triper

Who wouldn't like debuggers working for free to you? :>

Kensei

Quote from: yC on Dec 09, 2011, 01:01 PM
1.  If you read the ToS in full somewhere in the end you will see for first violate a server is allowed to sign up again after 2 weeks from the date of suspension.  If you are caught violating a second time then no, don't come back or we'll delete your listing with or without notice.  But you know how server manage to come back? They r*n*** and w***, I feel bad about that, our goal shouldn't take player captive.
Oh I didn't read that since I assumed once they're banned = no more chance. R*n*** is pretty much retarded >_>

2.  I don't know.  It's up to any server to choose to have a beta period or not.  I think lower rate private server can have them to give an accelerated rate try-out, so to make sure everything right minimize the chance of exploit/abuse etc before going live.  Because it could take months before player reach certain stage and discover problems if the server rate is low enough.
Yep right, but as I said, I NEVER heard of this server opening a beta phase (stalked their facebook, which got more info it seems, before they got their forum). And I think this server is midrate and trying to be a WoE-oriented, in which I'd say, the basic scripts they're going to use will be 90% the same with other servers.

3.  That is up to the server.  I think it's a way to keep the old players on the server after the wipe?  But can be abusable and obviously miserable.  Think of it, if you do it 10 times you might just accumulate a few people each time and lol a way to get players?
Unfair I mean. Wipe should be totally mean it. If you give items to old players or w/e, obvsly it's kinda unfair for the new ones.

4.  plagiarism war?  What do you mean?
I don't know really well, but when I read some of their FB comments, some people said the server is like "this is exactly like ****RO" and w/e. so, lulz

Thanks <3

DavionFuxa

Quote from: Kensei on Dec 12, 2011, 12:11 AM
Unfair I mean. Wipe should be totally mean it. If you give items to old players or w/e, obvsly it's kinda unfair for the new ones.

Really it's in the eyes of the beholder, dependent on what the players are given, and how many wipes are done. In this case if the donators that's pretty obvious, they donated money for those items so obviously they should keep them regardless of what the server does. As for the items given to non-donators, I would say it's dependent on just what item they are given. If I beta test something then I want to know if I'm keeping my character or if I'm at least getting something for doing so. If I'm not getting anything then it is likely I won't give the game as much of a test as I would if I was getting something for my work; simply because I won't play that thoroughly.