How should GM behave on non-GM characters?

Started by bleu, Oct 07, 2008, 09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleu

I (being the soul linker) was asking a Super Novice (a stranger) in Pront, how much a Book[3] costs?
He wasn't too sure, so he approached a High Priestess hoping she could help.

I am guessing that Super Novice knows the High Priestess. I don't really know why they spoke in Caps.
As you can see the answer given was less than helpful. Maybe we heard it wrong, so he decided to ask again. So, the High Priestess went off for a bit while we waited. When she came back, we were taken aback from her response.

Later it was revealed that the High Priestess was a GM. A simple answer such as "Sorry, I do not know" would have suffice.

1. Should GMs act responsibily and set a good example for players at all times?
2. or only when on a GM designated character. i.e. If a GM is on other legit character - he/she is free to behave as he/she pleases.

EDIT
The said GM has apologised. Her apology has been accepted.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Book [3] can't be bought. Creamy Fears drop it. He couldn't possibly know how much it costs on the market, or if anyone even sells it.

So yeah, he could say it better, but he's not as big of a douchebag as you say he is.

DeePee

Well, it was probably mainly a sarcastic way of saying it, as the other guy was typing in caps all the time as well.

Still, it's no way to talk to players like that. Our apologies for GM Aeryn's behaviour, it won't happen again. I can ensure you that.

Pandora

The GM on that HP could have handled it better it's true, however if you roam around RMS you will see much worse, so on a comparison basis, it's not "too" bad.

Of course a GM should always set the right example, be they on GM or legit.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Descent

Could be MUCH worse. Even so, regardless of whether they're on a legit or not, a GM should NEVER act like that.

None of mine do, legits or not, I can tell you that much. I guess the best you can do is be thankful it's not some other people that you'll see in RMS's Hall of Shame(take Akihito, for example).

Mamimi

Haha, if I did that, I'd be fired. :[ It doesn't matter if you're on a legit or not, there's no reason to act like a **** to a complete stranger that just asked a question. @_@

Viridis

lololo, lemme start to say, i'm the HP :)

and yeah, i was indeed just wandering around on my normal character.
though let me add, to everyone that likes to judge, and likes to state their opinions about things they have no clue about, what really happened, was the following.

as you can see, the SuperNovice is talking to me in caps, and is messing around with me. i just decide to play along with him, and reply in caps to him again
"good luck finding that" ... suddenly doesnt sound so rude anymore now, does it ? there were at that particular moment no Book[3] for sale, in the entire server. therefore, 'good luck finding that'.
obviously, if it is not for sale, the only reason to obtain it is through farming. I went and looked up for him what monster drops it, and where he can hunt those, and typed it into caps again, cause i was still playing along with the SuperNovice.

sure, make out of it what you want, it had never been like people dont like to make their own stories, out of different ones. I already apologized to Blue for the mis-communication from my part. But labeling an entire server, cause of an event that took place without any background information? i congratulate you people, GM's of other servers :) ... well done :)

~GM Aeryn.

Descent

Hey hey, now. Nobody's labeling your server. I sure as hell didn't.

Pandora

Actually most people in the thread said it wasn't too bad, and the server name wasn't even mentioned, you have to look at the tiny logo on the screenshot to even know, so no labeling here.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

DeePee

Apology made, apology accepted. Appears to be a big misunderstanding~

And indeed, no one was labeling :) Topic closed, I suppose?

Descent

Quote from: DeePee on Oct 07, 2008, 05:07 PM

Please do, I think everything is resolved.

Where's JJJ when you need him!?!?

Quote from: Descent on Oct 07, 2008, 06:25 PM
Quote from: DeePee on Oct 07, 2008, 05:07 PM

Please do, I think everything is resolved.

Where's JJJ when you need him!?!?
/swt school lol

sides its not like this topics gotten out of hand XD