Guild Packages

Started by Chemical Crush, Sep 03, 2011, 09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like guild packages?  And, if so, how many people do you think the guild should have to receive one?

I always look for guild packages when joining a server
They're nice, but not needed in my opinion
Can't stand guild packages
Prefer for it to be 5 people to receive guild package
Prefer for it to be 10 people to receive guild package
More than 10 to receive guild package

Vermin

A guild pack for low rates is simple, 1 emperium and a simple starting gears. Better than you get at novice place, but not all that hard to get from hunting or buying.

Thoth

for every 10? people,
1 ck
2 valk armor
1drobe
10 valk sheild
10 poo hats (beret is too good, no really!)
2 +5 dark bacilium
cards
enough bg badges for regular +4 gearset
a little ammo and edp
etc...

leave out high end stuff like elemental sword, its not necessary. AD barehand is enough, they'll have to work for the high end
tharas, raydrics, horn, noxious, alligator, marc, ED, etc. you should also probably increase monster rates for woe specific cards.
you can create custom "boxes" that have the items required. even class specific ones. define a maximum of 2 of each class or somesuch, a guild of 10 people claiming to all be champs/profs and thereby wanting drobes/CKs is nonsense.
I saw a guildpack that gave 1 mailbreaker[3] and swordbreaker[3] per 10 people, I drooled... theres always some bastard in a guild who likes this stuff
it helps to know about the classes, so you know what they really need
you can always check what other servers give to get ideas
if you give too much, soloists will hate and be jealous

Strudel

how about.. OP!?
1CK
2valk armor.. rofl, you kidding?
I mean I'm for guild packages but nothing OP like that, VR and SM are like the final bosses except Naght in his own little home and Nidhoggr but still, their the ultra strong bosses in hard to reach places, why give them such gear, all they need is an emp and a few decent starter gears.

Thoth

Quote from: Strudel on Nov 21, 2011, 01:06 PM
how about.. OP!?
1CK
2valk armor.. rofl, you kidding?
well, dps creo can't woe for s*** without varmor, same for magic stalker. spp creo doesnt need it
any prof on the offensive with dispell is gonna need CK or he's gonna fail. dlp prof can get by without it

Strudel

Like i said they need basic gear and all after that is their own to do.
They can hunt valk or w/e themselves but giving them those gears is just to much.
Especially + gear..
And you failed to write down the most important item, the emperium, that's what they actually need the rest is irrelevant or an addon, but you put it into "etc"

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 21, 2011, 07:09 AM
for every 10? people,
1 ck
2 valk armor
1drobe
10 valk sheild
10 poo hats (beret is too good, no really!)
2 +5 dark bacilium
cards
enough bg badges for regular +4 gearset
a little ammo and edp
etc...

leave out high end stuff like elemental sword, its not necessary. AD barehand is enough, they'll have to work for the high end
tharas, raydrics, horn, noxious, alligator, marc, ED, etc. you should also probably increase monster rates for woe specific cards.
you can create custom "boxes" that have the items required. even class specific ones. define a maximum of 2 of each class or somesuch, a guild of 10 people claiming to all be champs/profs and thereby wanting drobes/CKs is nonsense.
I saw a guildpack that gave 1 mailbreaker[3] and swordbreaker[3] per 10 people, I drooled... theres always some bastard in a guild who likes this stuff
it helps to know about the classes, so you know what they really need
you can always check what other servers give to get ideas
if you give too much, soloists will hate and be jealous

Most of this is crazy op for a LOW RATE.  In my first post I said for a LOW RATE so I really hope you're not speaking for a low rate.

Now if this is for...I don't know, ratesidontcareabout, then okay.

I'm surprised people are still posting in this xD

Kensei

Guild pack is mostly a feature on WoE servers, which is mostly Mid-High rate server. Why would you discuss guild pack for Low rate server? Low rate is mostly PvM and I don't see why you need guild pack for PvM.

Thoth

I dunno, I've long been with a guild that once it gets the setup required can camp bio3 and SM, stuff like CK isn't a big deal. one guildie made +9 combat knife because we had too many left over and didnt want to lower the price.
all on 99/70 midrates mind you
if its low rate, just throw some cards and bg badges at them then, theres nothing these guys hate more than killing 10,000 thara frogs

Joker Jester

Guild Package is a "must" on any server these days. Players are bored to start all over again and again after a month or so, the server dies. These kind of things attract ppl/guild to play RO again. There are so many MMO's nowadays that you can play but guild package are one of the reason why ppl still play RO.

Kensei

Low rates were never meant to be easy. Killing thousands mob just for one card is pretty much normal in low rate. Joining low rate, by any means, you should know that it will take years to gear up. Players who asked for guild pack on low rate are those who just need to play on higher rate. Low rate is made for those who still loves the oldschool RO PvM, not PvP/BG/WoE. Even giving away cards on low-rate is like you're giving away MvP gears for them.

Guild package is a must for a WoE server, in which 90% of them couldn't last long and made people hop to another server. PvM server, however, tend to last longer than WoE server, thus you don't need that much of guild pack stuff for MvPing. You're going to get them step by step. For PvM low-rate, instead of guild package, I'd recommend to give extra starting zenny or w/e. It benefits both PvM and WoE players.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 21, 2011, 10:53 PM
Guild pack is mostly a feature on WoE servers, which is mostly Mid-High rate server. Why would you discuss guild pack for Low rate server? Low rate is mostly PvM and I don't see why you need guild pack for PvM.

Did you read my first post?

Probably not.

I said I had seen low rates starting to offer this, and what do people think about it.  :| 

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 22, 2011, 01:26 AM
Low rates were never meant to be easy. Killing thousands mob just for one card is pretty much normal in low rate. Joining low rate, by any means, you should know that it will take years to gear up. Players who asked for guild pack on low rate are those who just need to play on higher rate. Low rate is made for those who still loves the oldschool RO PvM, not PvP/BG/WoE. Even giving away cards on low-rate is like you're giving away MvP gears for them.

This.

QuoteGuild package is a must for a WoE server, in which 90% of them couldn't last long and made people hop to another server. PvM server, however, tend to last longer than WoE server, thus you don't need that much of guild pack stuff for MvPing. You're going to get them step by step. For PvM low-rate, instead of guild package, I'd recommend to give extra starting zenny or w/e. It benefits both PvM and WoE players.

Thats what I was thinking, hence why I was like WTF when I saw that a few low rates were offering some super imba guild packages, which is why I started this thread really and to get insight on if people actually LOOK for guild packages.

I always thought for Low Rate PvM ( Which is what most low rates are I assume ) that maybe just a nice starter pack for every character is nice.  I just always think that Guild Packages should remain on WoE Mid/High rate servers.  Don't offer some nutty mvp cards to a low rate guild transfer, I mean really, you're not going to get a population on a low rate like that * I wouldn't think *.

Kensei

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Nov 22, 2011, 04:12 AM
Did you read my first post?

Probably not.

I said I had seen low rates starting to offer this, and what do people think about it.  :|

Sorry hon I tl;dr'ed you there. Hope you're not mad at me >:
But hey at least I gib opinion k ._.

Any low rates that offers a guild package won't stay stable, economy-based. Hence, giving MvP items on the package is equal to server's death. Let low rate be a normal, clean server that feels like official (except it has some extra NPCs for convenience). No giveaway or ruining old school RO unless you want to completely kill RO.

Thoth

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 22, 2011, 04:36 AM
Any low rates that offers a guild package won't stay stable, economy-based. Hence, giving MvP items on the package is equal to server's death.
uhh, how the hell does +4 mvp equip in guild package = server death? the strong guilds are never satisfied with +4, they will overupgrade and enchant, and will begin camping the mvps in order to do so and sell some of the mvp loot on the market.
the only guild package mvp item that could kill server, would be mvp card.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 22, 2011, 04:36 AM
Sorry hon I tl;dr'ed you there. Hope you're not mad at me >:
But hey at least I gib opinion k ._.

It's kay I still lub readin ur posts ;p

Just I noticed it derailed to things other than low rates, which is fine, talking about guild packages on any rate is fine.  I just notice some people have a different opinion of what is imba and what's not.  I just found it quirky that said low rate was offering some serious stuff for guilds like +7 gears and mvp cards.  I was like, wtf kinda low rate is this?!