Guild Packages

Started by Chemical Crush, Sep 03, 2011, 09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like guild packages?  And, if so, how many people do you think the guild should have to receive one?

I always look for guild packages when joining a server
They're nice, but not needed in my opinion
Can't stand guild packages
Prefer for it to be 5 people to receive guild package
Prefer for it to be 10 people to receive guild package
More than 10 to receive guild package

Triper

Epic pack to Newbies that arrives to RO LAND on a low rate.
Male player - 10z, a beer, a pic of an awesome girl[justin bieber ofc and then a BOOM TROLL FACE 5 secs later with some wtf song in the background] and you're ready to go
Female player - 50z, a strawberry cupcake, a pic of justin bieber and a warn in yellow letters in the top saying "Sorry, Admin and GMs in this server are all male and doesn't have female friends aside stripers, hope Bieber is good enough to you *^_^*"

Both chars get always a Troll Face Pet that doesn't need to be eat nothing and just tells random trolololol jokes every 5 minutes and you can't spam for more.

The player also receives a char bound item called NOOB!! and have the icon of a chocolate cookie that when you die for the first time and are 99/70 your Troll Pet evolves to Masta Troll and start telling to everybody how much you fail at PvP.

Kensei

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 29, 2011, 10:07 PM
Well, if there were ONLY LRs, then there would have had to be a serious WoE scene at one point on 'em.

Even then, the only give-away I'd like to see is an Emp, a couple battle manuals, and maybe a few true-basic equipment such as slotted Chainmail or something.

LR got serious WoE scene when people still fap on RO. Now there are only like 10% of them who still can get boner to RO, they moved to higher rate server for WoE. (easiest and most understandable explanation for y'all!)

Yeah I know a give away for low-rate is good but asking them to be a guild to get the giveaway is just too much. I don't know how much of a butthurt is giving a low-tier item is on a private server but seriously now, it won't kill to give a low-tier item to each character.

@ Chemi : even if there is a LR WoE server, it won't attract as much as how MR WoE server attracts WoE players. And obviously, the LR WoE players' quality would be even below low-tier (in which, LR people are mostly people who wants to enjoy old school RO, not the high-end RO which is WoE).

@ CrispyKitten : LR? WoE/BG oriented in which items are obtainable there? Are you kidding me? In LR it's pretty obvious badge rates are going to be lower, less supplies obtainable for BG in which those means BG will be run half-assed with people thinking thousand times before asura/edp/acid demo. That doubt will cause the rise of trash WoE classes like aspd-wh0re sinx, zerk LK, etc, which will even degrade WoE players quality. Even though if the server could run, again, the players quality are going to be lower than low-tier mostly.

Second point, low exp rates but high drop rates is just terrible. Players are not going to just make one fixed character, max level and gear it, then will WoE with the same class all the time until he/she quits. How if they need to roll another class? Make another character? In a LR server, how long do you think it will take to max out one character? I'd rather waste my time on killing random MvP than leveling all over again on a 9/10 years old game.

Thoth

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Nov 29, 2011, 04:01 PM
And that ends now, either you post about the topic or I will have Relics / yC close it.
ah, but I was on topic. didnt you notice?
Quote from: Thoth on Nov 29, 2011, 12:02 PM
has it? guild packages are just another feature servers use to raise their population, or steal people away from other servers.
official servers have not needed to use this, because they have other competing features. their population is higher as a result.
I'm saying that if your server has features good enough to outclass other servers, then guild packs will be unnecessary.

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 30, 2011, 01:16 AM
That doubt will cause the rise of trash WoE classes like aspd-wh0re sinx, zerk LK, etc, which will even degrade WoE players quality.
thats a pretty elitist attitude. such "trash" classes you speak of can give the "pro" classes a run for their money on low rates. because edp/bombs do cost something.
ofc, once people have something, they don't want to go back to not having it. be it easy access to pvp ammo or guild pack items and such. but giving away free stuff is just not enough to maintain a server- gwro is the perfect example. all items were available for free at npc, but its all but dead now.
pvm is another form of competition that keeps people going whether they like it or not...

Kensei

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 30, 2011, 02:10 AM
thats a pretty elitist attitude. such "trash" classes you speak of can give the "pro" classes a run for their money on low rates. because edp/bombs do cost something.

Can't avoid the fact that I played those "trash" classes as well, but I saw already on how terrible those are already in a proper WoE, that's why I called them "trash" - in terms of WoE, not on all RO aspects since all they can do is distract GvG action or ninja emp, which is pretty much a disturbing scene. Those are not pretty much made for a guild-war, but as individual class in which they could go run like a b0ss on PvM or low supplies to no items PvP.

I never disagree with the statement edp/bombs do cost something. But having a limited stock of them means pretty much terrible. Imagine WoEing as a chem, in which you got alot of guilds competing, 2 hours, but you have a limited stock of 1k bombs while you are expected to GvGing at least one full hour. After 1k bombs out, chems prolly cant do anything (assume you're dd chem, not spp). That is why LR WoE will ends up in failure. And what kind of no-life would farm to supply whole guild? It's not like RO is a new game, most exciting, nor the best MMO ever. Plus, you can't ignore real life just for farming in LR server (unless you're 100% nolife out there)

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 30, 2011, 02:10 AM
ah, but I was on topic. didnt you notice?

Why do you assume I'm talking specifically about you?  Stop, you're not everything here on RMS.  Yusifer, Myself and some other dude on here got off topic as well as you.  Especially when it got to talking about 'catagories' of people who play RO, which btw, have nothing to do with guild packages. Again, end of that talk right now.

Quote from: Kensei@ Chemi : even if there is a LR WoE server, it won't attract as much as how MR WoE server attracts WoE players. And obviously, the LR WoE players' quality would be even below low-tier (in which, LR people are mostly people who wants to enjoy old school RO, not the high-end RO which is WoE).

That's what I'd assume, that the whole WoE scene would obviously be different from a low rate compared to a Mid+ rate anyways.  I guess that's why I don't really see WoE oriented Low Rates, I mean it makes sense.  I just don't see why PvM Oriented Low Rates were offering crazy +7~9 gears and a butt load of card type items in their guild pack, just made me go /omg.  But, I assume it was their cheap way of trying to get players to join their low rate pvm server.  o_o;  Then again, as someone mentioned, guild packs are there to 'lure' people to their server.  I dunno, imo on a low rate that makes me think, 'I don't really wanna join this server'.  That's just my opinion though, I know there are people with different opinions and views on low rates.

CrispyKitten

Quote from: Kensei on Nov 30, 2011, 01:16 AM
LR? WoE/BG oriented in which items are obtainable there? Are you kidding me? In LR it's pretty obvious badge rates are going to be lower, less supplies obtainable for BG in which those means BG will be run half-assed with people thinking thousand times before asura/edp/acid demo. That doubt will cause the rise of trash WoE classes like aspd-wh0re sinx, zerk LK, etc, which will even degrade WoE players quality. Even though if the server could run, again, the players quality are going to be lower than low-tier mostly.

Second point, low exp rates but high drop rates is just terrible. Players are not going to just make one fixed character, max level and gear it, then will WoE with the same class all the time until he/she quits. How if they need to roll another class? Make another character? In a LR server, how long do you think it will take to max out one character? I'd rather waste my time on killing random MvP than leveling all over again on a 9/10 years old game.
No, Kensei, you completely missed my point by assuming typical LR server styles of today instead of suspending those presumptions and imagining the ones I mentioned.

Let me make it simpler:  Imagine ChronosRO/VisionRO/NeuRO's BG Supplier on a server with 3/3/2 rates.  It'd still be a LR because of the rates, but it'd be WoE+BG oriented because of the features, most notably the PVM BG Supplier.  I'm not arguing about how good these servers would be, or how good the players on these server would be, because that's not what this topic is about.  It's about "Why in the World would someone implement Guild Packages with +7 MVP gear on a LR server".  Hell, even on MRs and HRs, just because a server offers +7 MVP gear in guild packages doesn't mean you still wont have those same trash, aspd-wh0re sinx players.

Plus, a 3/3/1k server would still be a Low Rate.  So why in the world would someone going to play a 3x rate server expect to level up fast?  No offense, but that perspective ("How if they need to roll another class? Make another character? In a LR server, how long do you think it will take to max out one character?") is more of a MR/HR players perspective, than a Low Rate players--which, again, is what the OP was asking about.  Having the higher drop rates would mean you could gear out your character before transing, so you don't end up being 99/70 with just a pantie, undershirt, and Hunter Bow to your name.  In addition, if you add a PVM BG Supplier that offers some exp for Medals, you could end up with even more players in BG than PVM because they'll level there faster, which is the purpose of a BG server if I'm not mistaken.  Luring more ppl into BG, I mean.

Kensei

Quote from: CrispyKitten on Nov 30, 2011, 01:23 PM
Plus, a 3/3/1k server would still be a Low Rate.  So why in the world would someone going to play a 3x rate server expect to level up fast?  No offense, but that perspective ("How if they need to roll another class? Make another character? In a LR server, how long do you think it will take to max out one character?") is more of a MR/HR players perspective, than a Low Rate players--which, again, is what the OP was asking about.  Having the higher drop rates would mean you could gear out your character before transing, so you don't end up being 99/70 with just a pantie, undershirt, and Hunter Bow to your name.  In addition, if you add a PVM BG Supplier that offers some exp for Medals, you could end up with even more players in BG than PVM because they'll level there faster, which is the purpose of a BG server if I'm not mistaken.  Luring more ppl into BG, I mean.
What you're kinda off is, you expect people to BG for Exp is quite a terrible idea imo. Unless what you mean is, you just need to max out one character, farm medals, make another character, feed it medals. If it's so, then it's cool. The terrible thing here would be on beginning of server, BG would be quite filled with killer classes and players would hesitate to spend badges for BG because medals will have more use, in which it could end in a terrible BG environment for some time.

Well idk your idea exactly, but after first sentence is my guess about your idea. If it's not really what you mean, I couldn't imagine how messed up a LR WoE server would be. Tbh 1k drop rates does not mean it will be easier for you to get ready for action. Gears are important but that does not mean Level is not as important as gears. That's why there's barely any server that dare to implement a big gap on Level and Drop rates.