[IMPORTANT] RingSec Shield Unsafe DO NOT USE!

Started by Cyan Hijirikawa, Feb 15, 2017, 04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyan Hijirikawa

The Hack Shield known as RingSec or Ring-O has been proven to be a vulnerable hack shield. They can easily be attacked using SQL injections and this was proven by staff members and normal members over at rAthena.

Source: https://rathena.org/board/topic/108329-ringsec-shield/

If you have been using this service or you have been a player of a server using this service, it is IMPERATIVE you change your password.

@moderators please pin this post or something, everybody needs to know.

YOUR PASSWORDS WERE STORED IN PLAIN TEXT, SO PLEASE CHANGE IT ASAP!

yC

I changed the title because there are more than one hack shield out there.  This thing I didn't know it existed because it was only up for a little over 2 months?

Ridley

As I said before, I can't understand why anyone would trust a free hack protection, and even more, what they expect from it.

misterj

oh god, whoever is selling this is selling dirt. just from looking at the site, the fact they're shipping some php scripts that have dependencies which are specifically set to exist on people's webserver is extremely amateur.

then you see the fact they're using mysql queries with php's mysql_* library which has been discouraged for use since PHP 4 (from 2000).. and just feeding them in from the POST variables.. f***.

they aren't using whitespace property so it's clear they have no intentions of keeping that code maintained, readable, or usable. it looks more like the project of a college student than a serious hack shield.

i understand that the only people who'd use this have no experience of themselves, but considering the nature of what they're looking for, they owe it to themselves to let someone competent in that field to at least have a look at the code they're using.

Zinnia

thats why you build your own shield and you dont take those already existing ( :