Funniest server listing / homepage / etc?

Started by Star Platinum, Nov 09, 2012, 10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Platinum

So, I like to look through various server listings and home pages when I get bored...

So I was wondering what the funniest listings or homepage you've found was?  I'll give a few examples, but I won't name the servers.

I saw one server listing that just said "Normal Server" and nothing else at all.
There was another that said on the homepage, "This server is nothing special."  I think it's hilarious that the admin actually went and typed that.

It kinda reminds me of back in the day, when you'd see servers advertising with features like "Working homunculus"

But then again, I think it's cause you get admins who are like this, from the rAthena forums:

Woon

That is just outright beautiful. I have changed my server description to "super duper place" now.
But the thing is if I go back a year I was in the same position as those guys. :D
I still kind of am, but I just have the right people around me now to slap me and go,
"hey stupid, stop that."

BuBuChaCha

Quote from: Star Platinum on Nov 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
I saw one server listing that just said "Normal Server" and nothing else at all.
There was another that said on the homepage, "This server is nothing special."  I think it's hilarious that the admin actually went and typed that.

it's like if McDonalds' slogan was "eat our foods because we only care about your money" instead of "i'm loving it"

i'll give it to them for being soo honest, but they wont get new players that way.

Peanut

It's like "Hey i wasted Time for creating my Server, If you want to waste your Time too Join" Because the Server get closed in 2 Weeks :>

Star Platinum

I just found the most confused server ever.

The name on the listing is 1 thing, but when you go to the site, the server name is completely different.

And at the bottom of the page, there's a little 'like us on fb' section.  And it's for A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SERVER.