Fake Population Servers

Started by JonesseA, Mar 21, 2018, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonesseA

I was looking at playing a low rate server so I tried a couple of the top 10 servers, but I just want to make sure players are aware of some of the servers that have a massive fake population.

1. heRO - Showing 142 players, all vendors. Their installer is massive as well and patching takes forever. Had high hopes for a classic server.

2. OriginsRO - shows about 200+ vendors, 150+ players, but there is really only about 50 players as well, which is not bad, but very inflated still.

3. Old Chaos Ragnarok Online - Mostly auto traders as well, especially in the US time zone.

Just watch out and temper your expectations for playerbase

Charity Case

Originsro reaches 450-500 pop during woe hours.Also plenty of people from different time zones so not everyone is on at once.
So no its not "only about 50 players".
Actually pretty active as of now,about3-4 guilds attending woe regularly

Good luck finding a 1k+ pop classic server right now,unless your br or want to play iro RESTART.

Fujin021

vaneRO too showing 400 players but its actually 50ish players only playing. they dont even have that much vendors.
yrvine still doin his trick till this day. same with his old servers , caseRO , onceRO, zenRO etc

pr3zs

too much show off these days.

Kirchen

Quote from: JonesseA on Mar 21, 2018, 10:10 PM
I was looking at playing a low rate server so I tried a couple of the top 10 servers, but I just want to make sure players are aware of some of the servers that have a massive fake population.

2. OriginsRO - shows about 200+ vendors, 150+ players, but there is really only about 50 players as well, which is not bad, but very inflated still.

Just watch out and temper your expectations for playerbase

that is simply a lie. and u can even see that there are often more then 200 players on. the homepage shows autotraders and real accs.

Neffletics

Having more traders than active players is something inevitable for private servers.

Most servers' population is only high during its first few weeks and will eventually decline for many reasons.

In the Philippines, you'd see servers boasting 1,000+ players while not having @autotrade or dual client permission.
It sounds good but when you go online, they're all afk players maximizing the "points per minute" feature of the server.

And these afk characters aren't even unique players. They're just around 200 players having 2-5 laptops/desktop opened for the purpose of afk-ing.

Let's accept it, RO is an old dying game. The truth is we can never bring the old days back and most of the loyal players have already been acquired by veteran servers like TalonRO and NovaRO.

OriginsRO is consistently having more than 150 active players daily; that's already considered high given the circumstances I've mentioned above.

If you're able to find a classic server with 500+ active players (not including afk and traders) that has been running for more than a year, please do let me know as I'm also looking for one.  /ok
solacero rip

Aeroskye

Talon, imo has saturated.

Nova has done a great job and has been able to manage the s*** storm gravity threw at us, called 3rd jobs and renewal.

Your best bet is oRO only. The server has stood the test of time. GMs may be slow with updates and new content, but they definitely are committed. The community is great.

As far as "RO is a dying game is concerned", people have been going on with this since 2010. The game is obviously old and has lived its life, but that's the thing about RPGs, it only dies out when the community does, and there are still plenty of people playing this game.

Also, if you are hoping to come across a server with 1000+ active users which actually lasts, good luck with that, it's not going to happen. Reasons?

1. RO fanbase community is in its late 20s. They don't have the time to grind. Even if they do, they would choose games/servers that give instant gratification. LR classic is not one of those things. Gameplay is outdated. Grind is real. Most people playing are the ones who have played this games in very important years of their lives and hence, it has become a part of them. Nostalgia fuel runs out fast. Good thing it gets refilled continually as well.

2. Things that keep a server alive and ticking are things like PvP/WoE. They keep rolling the economy with constant demand. Managing a guild in a LR is no s***. Takes a lot of commitment and time.

3. The only huge communities left that play LR like its 2007 are Asian communities, who are playing on their own local servers. (Thai, Malay, Pinoys). Language barrier is a thing and they won't be migrating to your international servers.

The best thing you can do is stick to a good server, that you think provides a certain security to the time and effort you invest and stick with it and hope for it yo grow. Its like investing in a business. Its not the just the product that the business is selling but also the owners and admins. Gotta have faith in them.

Or, you could always move to another game.

Goodluck.