DivergenceRO update and what to expect in 2019

Started by Blinzer, Jan 07, 2019, 01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubie123

--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

Tom~

Lmao this is thread is so unnecessarily dramatic.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Blinzer

Quote from: Tom~ on Jan 09, 2019, 06:34 PM
Lmao this is thread is so unnecessarily dramatic.

Honestly, I agree. Upon further reflection, I realize that the only people who love to reply my threads are the same 5 or 6 people who are just trying to shut my project down with cheap words, and have been trying to do so for 3+ years. I'm going to take a new outlook on this and just start ignoring people who are like that and focus on my own community.

live4lie

The past 3 years or more who cares, you have only been giving everybody 2 expectations: s*** talks and that you're building a server.
You created this image of yourself so deal with it like an adult

SoGoneGuy

3 years in the making it going to be unique

Bue

Your major drawback is that you still don't have the technical expertise to finish what you set out to do, which is why you get demotivated and pull your disappearance act every now and then. It happens to all of us who walk down this path.

I don't think you will get much help as far as the real work goes. And I suggest you limit the scope of your work and stop pretending to be RO Jesus. In the past, I know of few server owners who get by with basic system administration skills and minor adjustments to the gameplay and content. Maybe that is the path you want to go down if you want to run a server.

Blinzer

Quote from: Bue on Jan 16, 2019, 08:20 PM
Your major drawback is that you still don't have the technical expertise to finish what you set out to do, which is why you get demotivated and pull your disappearance act every now and then. It happens to all of us who walk down this path.

I don't think you will get much help as far as the real work goes. And I suggest you limit the scope of your work and stop pretending to be RO Jesus. In the past, I know of few server owners who get by with basic system administration skills and minor adjustments to the gameplay and content. Maybe that is the path you want to go down if you want to run a server.

I have 18000 changed lines in my branch. Everything you said here is pure cancer.

Bue

That is one way to measure the amount of work you have done. But for all we know, that could be 18k lines of garbage, which is what I am seeing in that screenshot.

I have walk down this same path before. All I am saying is that if you really want go further, then you should study computer science. Or at minimum, learn the technology stack behind running and developing an RO server.

You know that I am in your discord and that I am a software engineer. If you ever wonder how you can get started on building a web / network application, a command line / graphical user interface, implement an RFC, or whatever, then you can always send me a PM and I can walk you through how you can go about doing that from scratch.

Blinzer

Quote from: Bue on Jan 23, 2019, 10:45 PM
That is one way to measure the amount of work you have done. But for all we know, that could be 18k lines of garbage, which is what I am seeing in that screenshot.

I have walk down this same path before. All I am saying is that if you really want go further, then you should study computer science. Or at minimum, learn the technology stack behind running and developing an RO server.

You know that I am in your discord and that I am a software engineer. If you ever wonder how you can get started on building a web / network application, a command line / graphical user interface, implement an RFC, or whatever, then you can always send me a PM and I can walk you through how you can go about doing that from scratch.

I've been running a server for 4 years as a beta test with no problems, so as far as I can see you're pretty much inventing magical mist and trying to act like I need something that I don't. You're actually doing a disservice to everyone around you, not just me. If it makes you feel better though, if by some miracle that is required to run a video game server one day, I'll find someone who is specialized in it to do it for me and get you to pay for it. For now, I'll stick to my own talents: number crunching and hard work.

Bue

Lets say a miracle does happen and you manage to get your server into production.

But wait, your map server crashes. And you need to figure how to get a core dump, resolve the symbols, get the track trace, and figure what went wrong while your players are rioting on discord and forum because your up-time is less than 99.99% and you might have to rollback the database.

When that happens. I think we can have a discussion on whether or not I am doing you or anyone a disservice.

misterj

but he knows how to write an attribution comment. hes a expert. fool.............

Blinzer

Quote from: Bue on Jan 23, 2019, 11:27 PM
Lets say a miracle does happen and you manage to get your server into production.

But wait, your map server crashes. And you need to figure how to get a core dump, resolve the symbols, get the track trace, and figure what went wrong while your players are rioting on discord and forum because your up-time is less than 99.99% and you might have to rollback the database.

When that happens. I think we can have a discussion on whether or not I am doing you or anyone a disservice.

You keep talking in hypothetical terms about something needing to be produced as if 18000 changes isn't enough to have entirely reworked the game, and I don't appreciate that. Are you sure your brain can quantify exactly how much 18000 lines is?

Do I need to make a list of things I already have done or are you going to next say "stop showing off how much work you've done" after the first 2 pages of this topic were "you haven't done any work and are all talk"? This isn't even including all of the thinking that has gone into the changes themselves, which is by far more time consuming than making the actual changes themselves.

As for the rest... not only do I know how to do all of that myself, but I have multiple people I know who I can already call upon to help me with something like that(you're acting as if that's complicated or hard to learn how to do, which is laughable to anyone who knows how to do it). Also, I don't care if my players riot about a server being down for 2 days. You're forgetting that I don't get paid to make the world a better place, I get paid in annoyances and obstacles from other people instead. Nothing new, and if it hasn't stopped me by now it's never going to.

As a final statement, I only have this to say. Banking on things failing is a strategy of the weak. Challenge others abilities to succeed at your own peril.

Staff edit: unnecessary content removed.

Bue

If you think 18k lines of changes is something to be proud of, then good for you. Everyone starts off somewhere. And it is ironic that you think I am challenging your ability to succeed by encouraging you to pursue a study in computer science.

When do you plan on getting your server into production and out of beta? I have no problem with being proven wrong when and if you succeed.

Yuzo

Wow man, nice coding. Nice to see you took your server out of omega phase, now in beta. But now it is becoming confusing as you changed your server name again.

Btw as I keep telling you, every time you post something on the internet as a representative of your server, you are marketing it. You really need to stop being yourself otherwise no one will play your server. Anyway, it seems no one can play your server anyway since it's been in beta for 4 years and you still don't know how to change the item database.

Looking forward to playing DivergenceRO or whatever it goes by in 2023 when it goes into pre-release-Alpha state. As Bue said, I am looking forward to all those map server crashes.

rubie123

You may have 18k 20k 50k edited codes, but it doesn't matter. It is quality rather than quantity that matters.
You've already brought death upon your server before it'll ever get a chance to take a breath, because you treat people like s***, you have no respect towards others or opinions.
You behave like you are better than everyone.

And I'll tell ya, you can't be like that if you are going to be a server admin and lead a community.
If you are going to be a leader act like one, and not like a jacka$$.
In other words learn some manners, and respect.

Edit: I had an ex friend, who was an ex server owner, and you remind me of them. This person had brilliant ideas for ro and was excellent at coding & client editing.
Tried many attempts with ro servers, but always failed. Because they thought they are god, and treated people badly because they think they are better than everyone else.
That is not how s*** works in this universe. We can all learn from each other, at least that's what the wise would do.
--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!