RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: DivergenceRO update and what to expect in 2019  (Read 3032 times)

Offline rubie123

Re: DivergenceRO update and what to expect in 2019
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2019, 06:27 PM »
Oh god the music  /wah

Advertisement

Offline Tom~

« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2019, 06:34 PM »
Lmao this is thread is so unnecessarily dramatic.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Offline Blinzer

« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:21 AM »
Lmao this is thread is so unnecessarily dramatic.

Honestly, I agree. Upon further reflection, I realize that the only people who love to reply my threads are the same 5 or 6 people who are just trying to shut my project down with cheap words, and have been trying to do so for 3+ years. I'm going to take a new outlook on this and just start ignoring people who are like that and focus on my own community.

Offline live4lie

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:18 PM »
The past 3 years or more who cares, you have only been giving everybody 2 expectations: s*** talks and that you're building a server.
You created this image of yourself so deal with it like an adult

Offline SoGoneGuy

« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2019, 07:43 PM »
3 years in the making it going to be unique

Offline Bue

« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:20 PM »
Your major drawback is that you still don't have the technical expertise to finish what you set out to do, which is why you get demotivated and pull your disappearance act every now and then. It happens to all of us who walk down this path.

I don't think you will get much help as far as the real work goes. And I suggest you limit the scope of your work and stop pretending to be RO Jesus. In the past, I know of few server owners who get by with basic system administration skills and minor adjustments to the gameplay and content. Maybe that is the path you want to go down if you want to run a server.

Offline Blinzer

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 08:08 PM »
Your major drawback is that you still don't have the technical expertise to finish what you set out to do, which is why you get demotivated and pull your disappearance act every now and then. It happens to all of us who walk down this path.

I don't think you will get much help as far as the real work goes. And I suggest you limit the scope of your work and stop pretending to be RO Jesus. In the past, I know of few server owners who get by with basic system administration skills and minor adjustments to the gameplay and content. Maybe that is the path you want to go down if you want to run a server.

I have 18000 changed lines in my branch. Everything you said here is pure cancer.

Offline Bue

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 10:45 PM »
That is one way to measure the amount of work you have done. But for all we know, that could be 18k lines of garbage, which is what I am seeing in that screenshot.

I have walk down this same path before. All I am saying is that if you really want go further, then you should study computer science. Or at minimum, learn the technology stack behind running and developing an RO server.

You know that I am in your discord and that I am a software engineer. If you ever wonder how you can get started on building a web / network application, a command line / graphical user interface, implement an RFC, or whatever, then you can always send me a PM and I can walk you through how you can go about doing that from scratch.

Offline Blinzer

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 10:54 PM »
That is one way to measure the amount of work you have done. But for all we know, that could be 18k lines of garbage, which is what I am seeing in that screenshot.

I have walk down this same path before. All I am saying is that if you really want go further, then you should study computer science. Or at minimum, learn the technology stack behind running and developing an RO server.

You know that I am in your discord and that I am a software engineer. If you ever wonder how you can get started on building a web / network application, a command line / graphical user interface, implement an RFC, or whatever, then you can always send me a PM and I can walk you through how you can go about doing that from scratch.

I've been running a server for 4 years as a beta test with no problems, so as far as I can see you're pretty much inventing magical mist and trying to act like I need something that I don't. You're actually doing a disservice to everyone around you, not just me. If it makes you feel better though, if by some miracle that is required to run a video game server one day, I'll find someone who is specialized in it to do it for me and get you to pay for it. For now, I'll stick to my own talents: number crunching and hard work.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:10 PM by Blinzer »

Offline Bue

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 11:27 PM »
Lets say a miracle does happen and you manage to get your server into production.

But wait, your map server crashes. And you need to figure how to get a core dump, resolve the symbols, get the track trace, and figure what went wrong while your players are rioting on discord and forum because your up-time is less than 99.99% and you might have to rollback the database.

When that happens. I think we can have a discussion on whether or not I am doing you or anyone a disservice.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:32 PM by Bue »

Offline misterj

« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:26 AM »
but he knows how to write an attribution comment. hes a expert. fool.............