DivergenceRO update and what to expect in 2019

Started by Blinzer, Jan 07, 2019, 01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLEE

Watched the video. Disliked it for numerous reasons.

Received a PM from Blizner soon after:

Quotei wish i could have recorded your computer monitor as you clicked on the youtube video and pressed dislike without watching it

/no1

/hmm

Blinzer

Ah, you found numerous unspecified reasons to dislike my video? And you didn't even bother to tell the rest of us before I PMed you!!! What a wholesome man

You're not going to get away with manipulation and lies this time, friend. I can see that it makes you uncomfortable that I knew exactly what you did, so much that you had to come here and try to justify yourself. Your public post here makes it obvious that I was right to PM you saying what I did, and you now feel the need to compensate by trying to come here because your ego couldn't take an outplay of the sort. Go find something better to do than try to drag people down.

I've disabled likes and dislikes for this video now, since it has been tainted by the hands of malicious people like you and your peers. Enjoy listing those "Numerous reasons" that I'm sure will consistent of anything other than a half baked ad hominem and strawman, I'll be glad to hear them in the comments section of my video or here.

iLEE

lol.

Its a bit creepy that you must have been sitting there hitting refresh waiting for people to pop a reply down.

I am scared for you Blinzer. Like .. seriously!

Although I do find it funny that you love the attention you get on these forums, it is quite amusing to look at.

Is this your reaction to every post you make on these forums or was it just that one time 8 years ago?

Spoiler

/heh

Blinzer

I'm sure a man of high intelligence such as yourself knows this, but just so we avoid any more... misunderstandings

QuoteAd hominem (Latin for "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2] The terms ad mulierem[3] and ad feminam[4] have been used specifically when the person receiving the criticism is female.

Paul Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement lists ad hominem as the second lowest type of argument in a disagreement.

QuoteA straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

The typical straw man argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition through the covert replacement of it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and the subsequent refutation of that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the opponent's proposition.[2][3]

This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged emotional issues where a fiery "battle" and the defeat of an "enemy" may be more valued than critical thinking or an understanding of both sides of the issue.

Paul Graham's Hierarchy for reference:
Spoiler
[close]

I'll be happily waiting for any form of valid criticism you have to offer.

iLEE

Why are you making so much effort in your replies?

Nobody gives a f***. I know you wish you was Einstein but its OK!. Calm down a little!

When the day comes that your server is out I will be happy judge it further at that point. As of now I simply feel like not wasting anymore time in this topic or on you. I have had my fix already.

P.S (That includes not addressing my concerns with the subject of your video)

/heh

Blinzer

The timeframe between your post and mine is 10 minutes, so I guess we have different definitions of what "putting a lot of effort in" means. Though if you watched the youtube video as you claimed to have, you would know that at 21:18 I talk specifically about how I am passionate about what I do and I care about doing it properly, so it shouldn't be a surprise to you.

Sorry you came here and had to waste your time in this topic with me! I'll be glad to hear those concerns in the future!

Boreas

1. Nobody likes an admin who is proud of being a s*** talker. What kind of attitude is that. :/
2. NO offense, but I watched your video and I have not seen any ouutstanding feature that has not been on some server already.
3. 1/4th of the video is you talking about how proud you are of being a s*** talker. How is that related to your server in any way?
4. Please don't use coin-hive. Thanks.

Blinzer

Quote from: Boreas on Jan 08, 2019, 11:23 AM
1. Nobody likes an admin who is proud of being a s*** talker. What kind of attitude is that. :/

Since you are an admin of another server, I can't really take a point like this at face value since you could easily have special interests about why you would want to push that agenda. You have presented no evidence that indicates that what you are saying is true, and I have a community that would beg to differ and appreciates my integrity and honesty. If you want to state something, you better be prepared to back it up. Run an unbiased poll on your server or something, and let me know!

Quote from: Boreas on Jan 08, 2019, 11:23 AM2. NO offense, but I watched your video and I have not seen any ouutstanding feature that has not been on some server already.

Care to provide some examples?

Also, my video wasn't meant to underline my server's features, but just update people on the things I still have left to work on. If you want to come here and talk about what features my server has, do your own research. I'm not going to stop you from coming here and talking without knowing what you're talking about because that makes it easier for me to have the upper hand in a discussion with you. Contrary to what you would like to make out a situation like this to be, I have nothing to prove to you and the video makes that pretty clear. You're the one coming in here and trying to prove a point.

Quote from: Boreas on Jan 08, 2019, 11:23 AM3. 1/4th of the video is you talking about how proud you are of being a s*** talker. How is that related to your server in any way?

Please indicate exact time frames of me talking about being proud of being a s*** talker, so we can evaluate how accurate your statement is. To further put emphasis on this point, if it's so not relevant to my server then why is the only feedback I ever get from this website about how much of one I am? You and many others seem to care an awful lot about it, since you put it as the headline in your post. /kis

Quote from: Boreas on Jan 08, 2019, 11:23 AM4. Please don't use coin-hive. Thanks.

I have never used it. It was an experiment me and my friend were running, but I quickly realized how laggy it makes the page so I never used it again. You could say I was fooled by the promise of crypto for that one.

Boreas

QuoteWhy is an admin who has had 5 servers shut off in the time that I've been working this project alone coming to me and talking to me about what it means to be a responsible and hard working individual worthy of respect?

I stopped reading here. I have only ever been administrating one server, which is TalonRO. You can ask the entire RMS community about this. So not sure who you are talking about in your rant, definitely not me. Open a successful server, then we can talk. Big words, nothing more. Cheers dude!

Blinzer

Quote from: Boreas on Jan 09, 2019, 09:01 AM
I stopped reading here. I have only ever been administrating one server, which is TalonRO. You can ask the entire RMS community about this. So not sure who you are talking about in your rant, definitely not me. Open a successful server, then we can talk. Big words, nothing more. Cheers dude!

YIKES LOL

i thought you were that clown from woonRO. i don't really care to pay attention to what other servers are doing, so i only have vague idea of who is who. i can remove that and accept i made a mistake in favor of an actual discussion. i apologize for misrepresenting you, but i actually know so little about you i didn't even know you were the admin of talon.

For the record, "Big words and nothing more" is an invalid argument due to you not having done any research. Can you even list 3 of the changes made on my server, yet you have a conclusion like this? Why did you refuse to acknowledge my points in favor of a hasty conclusion? Though you may not be the person I was talking about, you are definitely showing signs of blood real early here.

man i thought i was so cool too, i would have had you nailed why'd u have to be some other guy  /sob

misterj

you could lift and be a goddamn slayer, but choose to s*** and play s*** mmos like the rest of us dorks. it makes your dedication to the craft more admirable, but makes the tragedy of your competence more visible. dont do it man.... please... just go live a normal life

Boreas

QuoteFor the record, "Big words and nothing more" is an invalid argument due to you not having done any research. Can you even list 3 of the changes made on my server, yet you have a conclusion like this? Why did you refuse to acknowledge my points in favor of a hasty conclusion? Though you may not be the person I was talking about, you are definitely showing signs of blood real early here.

You edited your last post, but you basically called me a retard and a mongoloid. You sir are disgusting. That is all I can say. Good luck with your server. Bye!

live4lie

DefensiveRO, when's the release date? Got a list of any changes that would interest any type/s of player base? Is there anything actually relevant to expect in 2019 here?

Blinzer

Quote from: Boreas on Jan 09, 2019, 01:14 PM
You edited your last post, but you basically called me a retard and a mongoloid. You sir are disgusting. That is all I can say. Good luck with your server. Bye!

Ah, now I see your intentions are clearly malicious. You continue to bring nothing of substance to the table, you've made 3 posts and not a single one has had any information relevant to the topic. We both acknowledged it wasn't you I was talking about, and I retracted my statements and apologized because I mistook you for someone else. You pressing the issue is suspicious to me.

I'll remember you, TalonRO.

rubie123

--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

Tom~

Lmao this is thread is so unnecessarily dramatic.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Blinzer

Quote from: Tom~ on Jan 09, 2019, 06:34 PM
Lmao this is thread is so unnecessarily dramatic.

Honestly, I agree. Upon further reflection, I realize that the only people who love to reply my threads are the same 5 or 6 people who are just trying to shut my project down with cheap words, and have been trying to do so for 3+ years. I'm going to take a new outlook on this and just start ignoring people who are like that and focus on my own community.

live4lie

The past 3 years or more who cares, you have only been giving everybody 2 expectations: s*** talks and that you're building a server.
You created this image of yourself so deal with it like an adult

SoGoneGuy

3 years in the making it going to be unique

Bue

Your major drawback is that you still don't have the technical expertise to finish what you set out to do, which is why you get demotivated and pull your disappearance act every now and then. It happens to all of us who walk down this path.

I don't think you will get much help as far as the real work goes. And I suggest you limit the scope of your work and stop pretending to be RO Jesus. In the past, I know of few server owners who get by with basic system administration skills and minor adjustments to the gameplay and content. Maybe that is the path you want to go down if you want to run a server.

Blinzer

Quote from: Bue on Jan 16, 2019, 08:20 PM
Your major drawback is that you still don't have the technical expertise to finish what you set out to do, which is why you get demotivated and pull your disappearance act every now and then. It happens to all of us who walk down this path.

I don't think you will get much help as far as the real work goes. And I suggest you limit the scope of your work and stop pretending to be RO Jesus. In the past, I know of few server owners who get by with basic system administration skills and minor adjustments to the gameplay and content. Maybe that is the path you want to go down if you want to run a server.

I have 18000 changed lines in my branch. Everything you said here is pure cancer.

Bue

That is one way to measure the amount of work you have done. But for all we know, that could be 18k lines of garbage, which is what I am seeing in that screenshot.

I have walk down this same path before. All I am saying is that if you really want go further, then you should study computer science. Or at minimum, learn the technology stack behind running and developing an RO server.

You know that I am in your discord and that I am a software engineer. If you ever wonder how you can get started on building a web / network application, a command line / graphical user interface, implement an RFC, or whatever, then you can always send me a PM and I can walk you through how you can go about doing that from scratch.

Blinzer

Quote from: Bue on Jan 23, 2019, 10:45 PM
That is one way to measure the amount of work you have done. But for all we know, that could be 18k lines of garbage, which is what I am seeing in that screenshot.

I have walk down this same path before. All I am saying is that if you really want go further, then you should study computer science. Or at minimum, learn the technology stack behind running and developing an RO server.

You know that I am in your discord and that I am a software engineer. If you ever wonder how you can get started on building a web / network application, a command line / graphical user interface, implement an RFC, or whatever, then you can always send me a PM and I can walk you through how you can go about doing that from scratch.

I've been running a server for 4 years as a beta test with no problems, so as far as I can see you're pretty much inventing magical mist and trying to act like I need something that I don't. You're actually doing a disservice to everyone around you, not just me. If it makes you feel better though, if by some miracle that is required to run a video game server one day, I'll find someone who is specialized in it to do it for me and get you to pay for it. For now, I'll stick to my own talents: number crunching and hard work.

Bue

Lets say a miracle does happen and you manage to get your server into production.

But wait, your map server crashes. And you need to figure how to get a core dump, resolve the symbols, get the track trace, and figure what went wrong while your players are rioting on discord and forum because your up-time is less than 99.99% and you might have to rollback the database.

When that happens. I think we can have a discussion on whether or not I am doing you or anyone a disservice.

misterj

but he knows how to write an attribution comment. hes a expert. fool.............

Blinzer

Quote from: Bue on Jan 23, 2019, 11:27 PM
Lets say a miracle does happen and you manage to get your server into production.

But wait, your map server crashes. And you need to figure how to get a core dump, resolve the symbols, get the track trace, and figure what went wrong while your players are rioting on discord and forum because your up-time is less than 99.99% and you might have to rollback the database.

When that happens. I think we can have a discussion on whether or not I am doing you or anyone a disservice.

You keep talking in hypothetical terms about something needing to be produced as if 18000 changes isn't enough to have entirely reworked the game, and I don't appreciate that. Are you sure your brain can quantify exactly how much 18000 lines is?

Do I need to make a list of things I already have done or are you going to next say "stop showing off how much work you've done" after the first 2 pages of this topic were "you haven't done any work and are all talk"? This isn't even including all of the thinking that has gone into the changes themselves, which is by far more time consuming than making the actual changes themselves.

As for the rest... not only do I know how to do all of that myself, but I have multiple people I know who I can already call upon to help me with something like that(you're acting as if that's complicated or hard to learn how to do, which is laughable to anyone who knows how to do it). Also, I don't care if my players riot about a server being down for 2 days. You're forgetting that I don't get paid to make the world a better place, I get paid in annoyances and obstacles from other people instead. Nothing new, and if it hasn't stopped me by now it's never going to.

As a final statement, I only have this to say. Banking on things failing is a strategy of the weak. Challenge others abilities to succeed at your own peril.

Staff edit: unnecessary content removed.

Bue

If you think 18k lines of changes is something to be proud of, then good for you. Everyone starts off somewhere. And it is ironic that you think I am challenging your ability to succeed by encouraging you to pursue a study in computer science.

When do you plan on getting your server into production and out of beta? I have no problem with being proven wrong when and if you succeed.

Yuzo

Wow man, nice coding. Nice to see you took your server out of omega phase, now in beta. But now it is becoming confusing as you changed your server name again.

Btw as I keep telling you, every time you post something on the internet as a representative of your server, you are marketing it. You really need to stop being yourself otherwise no one will play your server. Anyway, it seems no one can play your server anyway since it's been in beta for 4 years and you still don't know how to change the item database.

Looking forward to playing DivergenceRO or whatever it goes by in 2023 when it goes into pre-release-Alpha state. As Bue said, I am looking forward to all those map server crashes.

rubie123

You may have 18k 20k 50k edited codes, but it doesn't matter. It is quality rather than quantity that matters.
You've already brought death upon your server before it'll ever get a chance to take a breath, because you treat people like s***, you have no respect towards others or opinions.
You behave like you are better than everyone.

And I'll tell ya, you can't be like that if you are going to be a server admin and lead a community.
If you are going to be a leader act like one, and not like a jacka$$.
In other words learn some manners, and respect.

Edit: I had an ex friend, who was an ex server owner, and you remind me of them. This person had brilliant ideas for ro and was excellent at coding & client editing.
Tried many attempts with ro servers, but always failed. Because they thought they are god, and treated people badly because they think they are better than everyone else.
That is not how s*** works in this universe. We can all learn from each other, at least that's what the wise would do.
--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

yennar

A simple Overview about the major changes would be real helpful

Blinzer

Quote from: yennar on Jan 29, 2019, 04:18 AM
A simple Overview about the major changes would be real helpful

yeah, you're right. i'll probably make one, eventually.

Blinzer

i know you're a good guy yennar and i know you're trying to look out for me. but i want to make sure everyone knows that my dream doesn't include them, because they seem to think that it does. my goal is "make the best designed ragnarok that has ever existed", not "be a big ragnarok server". there seems to be a misconception that i would need some sort of validation by having a big server in order to prove that or something, but that's not how i see it. a man who can lift 1000kg can still lift it whether or not he does it in his own basement or on a world stage. the only thing that changes is how behind the people around him are.