Base Level Over 250; What's The Point?

Started by Usagimimi, Nov 09, 2009, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usagimimi

I've been wondering for a while, but what the heck is the point of servers with Max Levels of like 500/120, or 1000/500 or 2000/400 or 700/250?

I don't get it >_>

Cabal

I guess lots of people just like to be overpowered and be able to kill things like satan morocc in 2 hits...

Usagimimi

swt so pretty much, it's fun because you defeat the purpose of the game >< Even 150/70 is overpowered; 99 is the only balanced thing I've seen o0 People try to balance higher than that and they fail epicly. Haven't seen one person succeed.

I tried playing on GatheringRO about a year ago; I had a ninja and I could kill anything pretty fast. Such high damages and stuff isn't fun; where's the challenge? The suspense? The base level and stuff destroy it ><;;;;

Omni

Those servers are for people who are too lazy to play the game the way it was made to be played.

[color=navy]Rates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200 | 12 Characters per Account | ANTI-BOT | ANTI-WPE | ANTI-KS | Heavily Customized (Storylines, Quests, Items, Maps, Features) | WoE:SE | Homunculus | Mercenaries | Newest Features | Dedicated Server | Randomized WoE System | Endless Tower | Quest Log | Ragnarokrevolution.com

Flip

I am a firm believer that anything outside 99 stats spells imbalance 90% of the time. The other 10% happens only when the admin/GM team successfully tweaks the balance that non-sinx/sniper/pally/champ classes can still fight (even this rarely happens in that 10%).

The game's default cards, equipment and even monsters are all based on the fact that players only have a max stat of 99 or can only go to level 99. Anything outside that means that the server itself needs to be re-balanced.

Usagimimi

lol I kinda laugh at the people who go:

"YEAH I'M A PRO; LOOKIT MY LEVEL 500 SINX"

>___> A pro my butt; a real pro could solo Bio 3 with a level 99 Sinx and not die, or not all the tricks of bypassing Safety Wall, Spiderweb, etc. I don't consider anyone who plays over the real 99/70 (soon 150/50 but we'll see how that balances out) to be a "pro"; I prefer the term "nub".

PvP over there is just endless, too; I was on a 999 before and jeez, they spam Ygg and it takes 10min to kill one person. It's a battle of "Who's got more Ygg?" rather than technique.

And same, Flip. Only the official standards are balanced; trying to balance it otherwise like never works.

Tom~

I usually play that kind of servers, because I don't have enough time to go thru leveling a char.

I just like to WoE and PvP. I would play servers with lower base levels, but the only ones I seemed to like at first, suck right now.

Examples: ZetaRO, BattleRO.
As I said, I don't have enough time to level up. So HR/SHR servers are my only choice. Even thought, I started playing ReboundRO, but it will take me at least a month to max my sniper xD

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Omni

They are strictly card based, MvP of course.

I was on a 500 server once and EVERYONE had 3x Kiels+Thana and spammed Sonic Blow >__>

I don't see the fun, honestly.

[color=navy]Rates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200 | 12 Characters per Account | ANTI-BOT | ANTI-WPE | ANTI-KS | Heavily Customized (Storylines, Quests, Items, Maps, Features) | WoE:SE | Homunculus | Mercenaries | Newest Features | Dedicated Server | Randomized WoE System | Endless Tower | Quest Log | Ragnarokrevolution.com

Usagimimi

Ah, I see; that's an oki reason :P

It takes me 2h to reborn a Priest and 3h to reach 99 High Priest on a 70/70/20. Sniper generally would take me a day to reach 80~ Sniper from Novice. That's all right for me; anything below 20/20/20 is killer though >_< I can't do 5/5/5 or something; it's ridiculous.

So if there was an HR that was 99/70 and the community, admins, and donations weren't crappy, perhaps more people would switch from nub 250+ to the real 99/70? :<

and Omini, it's because it's not fun, and there's no skill. There's a reason that those cards are supposed to take forever to obtain; HRs breach that barrier.

Cabal

Omni

Yeah, I mean where is the fun in using the same "tactic" as everyone else?

Ecspecially when it consists of using cards that are supposed to be hard to obtain, but everyone has them.

Tom~

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 09, 2009, 03:37 PM
So if there was an HR that was 99/70 and the community, admins, and donations weren't crappy, perhaps more people would switch from nub 250+ to the real 99/70? :<

Exactly.

Show me an HR server like that, and I'll instantly join. :<

Quote from: Cabal on Nov 09, 2009, 03:38 PM
I think 255 is the most balanced
255 is kinda balanced, yeah. Not like 500/150 lol.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Omni

I play on a 200/120, very balanced.

Lol, yeah 500 is way over the top.

Fade

yeah I'd go around 99-255 at most anything beyond that would require a lot more balancing and wayyy more work.

Cabal

Quote from: Fade on Nov 09, 2009, 04:23 PM
yeah I'd go around 99-255 at most anything beyond that would require a lot more balancing and wayyy more work.

ya, but I have seen a few server with max lvl something like 10k that arent on RMS that have been very balanced (esspecially for that level)