Advertising your server

Started by rubie123, Feb 05, 2017, 05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubie123

What are other methods of advertising besides RMS/Facebook/Voting Sites?
Feel free to share your thoughts /no1
--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

Zinnia

You could always do SEM (buying facebook/google ads) but the conversion rate / impression is horrible. You'll end up spending a s*** ton for very few leads on your website.

A good branding and word of mouth is generally the best way to advertise.

Lai

You could always try to make flyers and deal them out on nearby subway station ;)

rubie123

Quote from: Zinnia on Feb 05, 2017, 08:18 AM
You could always do SEM (buying facebook/google ads) but the conversion rate / impression is horrible. You'll end up spending a s*** ton for very few leads on your website.

A good branding and word of mouth is generally the best way to advertise.

True, I've tried paying for FB once but never again. It didn't really help all that much, and was not worth it.

Quote from: Lai on Feb 05, 2017, 08:40 AM
You could always try to make flyers and deal them out on nearby subway station ;)

I have thought about that :P It's actually not a bad idea. Is that something you did for your server?
--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

Lai

I did a lot of different advertising methods these past 10 years.... I can't even recall them all :(

Flyers... I haven't tried, but I did something similiar, which was back in 2007 when I went to internet cafes and helped them installing my server :P

Cyan Hijirikawa

Does advertising over Facebook really bring you players or just get your facebook page deleted because of a certain company is hounding RO servers out there?

GM Brook

Well Guild Forums is another good way of getting their attention...

Tristan

i tried facebook ads its good but eats alot of money  /heh

Cyan Hijirikawa

Facebook ads just give fake likes.

Best advertising? RMS reviews, and players themselves.

Zinnia

You could technically pay per CPI with socialmove but I don't wanna know how expensive that may be rofl

Vidar

Facebook ads is the best advertisement you can do this days but only if you know how to use it, if you want to learn facebook ads you need to spend alot of money to it and if your not willing to do so you can stick to RMS Ads and TopSites i mean the top100 websites that offers a gold membership they have a pretty decent pricing so yah they are good too :D