LF> old/new potential players for a MR.

Started by Daifuku., Jul 13, 2017, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Quote from: Beyond on Jul 22, 2017, 09:52 AM
What would be a decent server for you Kris?

Imma be honest with y'all. A decent server for me would be a copy paste yrvine server. WoE players still gonna woe, PvP players still gonna pvp and the tea party squad still gon afk in prontera like they supposed to regardless of the custom content you add to a server. Rebalancing renewal content to meet pre-renewal standards helps create initial hype and might even bring pvm players but let's be real honest, MRs aren't like LRs that last for years. Hittas like to routinely jump servers every couple of months on the next hype server so wasting time and money on content people won't ultimately appreciate is just not worth it on MRs.

Quote from: dinosaurpie on Jul 22, 2017, 09:19 PM
PSS: The hell happened to Kris? He actually typed a paragraph instead of replying with 2 memes? What kinda revelation did he receive to have enlightened him so??

I was going to take you seriously but then I took the time to read your extended essay about server rates. Upon carefully reading and analyzing your thesis, I've come to two conclusions;

1. You don't understand what a meta is
2. I'll never get the two minutes that I wasted reading your thesis back

PSS: Statistically speaking, all the mid rates that played like low rates or high rates are the servers that die the quickest because they end up being in no mans land.
2k21 Return

snakeside

I wanna see a midrate with a community that understands AD is OP as hell. AD should be nerfed, Asura should be nerfed. LK/Sinx/WS should be buffed and/or reworked.
This is what I wanna see:
Rates are negligible, make it like 250x/250x/250x or higher. Ban all mvp cards.

You are saying acid bomb is OP but you want to ban the counters for acid bomb?

In DreamerRO, I get the experience between these two types of games. In BG, you can't swap your entire character as a whole, but you can swap parts. Dueling a wizard? Get that GTB on. Dueling a monk? GR toggle ready to go. But a GX is a GX, you can't class change without leaving the game. Whereas league decisions are permanent, and overwatch reactions are purely consequential, RO provides a bunch of mini games in between these two types of games. It's a soft-counter MOBA.

You can do this "minigame soft-counter MOBA" thing of yours in a 99/70 server with essential MVP cards (GR, tgk, stormy knight, devi, gtb, etc.) easily obtainable.

Yuzo

Quote from: Kris on Jul 19, 2017, 05:46 PM
I want to start by saying I'm always right about everything I say. With that being said, why y'all derailing this thread by writing extended essays. I mean I used to feel hard in 2k14 about taking over servers, destroying guilds, rampaging pvp rooms, dethroning admins but that was when I was 20. Hitta enough of this game of thrones s***.

We gotta realize that this outdated mmorpg does not get as many new players as it used to a decade ago. Most of us who still make the 'occasional return' to RO are all mature now, like we all 20+ or s*** we gotta act our age sometimes. Yes elaria failed and yes woon failed but there were literally 100s of servers that failed before both these servers failed. Every private server is ultimately destined to fail. Don't get it twisted tho, it's the good times that you have with the people that you come across that matter. Out of the gazillion servers I've played, it's funny that I met one of my main internet homies on a yrvine server. Shoutout my boy cass one time.

I know this post is a little hazy but as I roll my third spliff and get ready to meet this bad one off tinder, I just want to say that I think we all should be a little bit friendlier. This dying RO community needs it. We are living in a strange time. We hide behind our devices, ignoring the people around us. We click through feeds of updates from our friends from under our covers in the dark. Too often, we are hateful toward what we don't understand. But I'm hopeful about you keyboard warriors, including the late - Bue.
Let's all stop hating each other and give thanks to the people who are still making RO possible in 2k17.

More Life to everybody

dude kris you believe ur own hype way too much. lay off the drugs they are bad for you.

Charity Case

What if i told you,your making the wrong server.
One thing you need to realize about ro is analyzing what "hype" is relevant and what isnt.
Right now low rate classic servers are poppin.
Low rate is the way to go,i would go at the highest 3x. The server life expectancy goes up.RO is a grind game,if you dont want to grind then you shouldnt be playing ro.If you want to just pvp/woe then go play on a pvp server..RO is at its finest when you have the proper ratio of time spent doing pvm vs pvp/woe(Or at least spending "x" amount of time before reaching a pvp/woe status,which majority of woe guilds will try to achieve before they just eventually only log on for the weekly woe or occasional pvp fun.For mid rates its also just farming on Battlegrounds to get enough badges for woe mats aswell.To me this is a big issue,it pretty much means the server is on its deathbed.)

The real question is,at what rate is this best at?.IMO 1x would be nice to experience,but iRO is not the answer and the servers that have opened at 1x have been absolute s*** show due to poor management.Dont get me wrong, iv played on some great Mid rate servers over the years,bu for ME the best experiences have all come from low rates. Its why phro and ro:restart are poppin.People WANT it to work out to live its hype ,so they play it for the first few months then they realize the same issues have risen again and that nothing has changed as per usual. Theres already s*** ton of bots on ro:restart(kudos for s*** the bed already gravity,you never disappoint do you? smh 10+ years and you still cant get it right.sorry excuse this venting)
One of the most,if not the most, highly populated server in recent years was a low rate.(Actually theres a few to name)

You are more likely to get 1k+ population with a  low rate server then you are a mid rate.Im not a stats freak and i dont play ro 12 months a year,but my memory serves to remember low rates more often.1x is how RO is meant to be,just never really had the server to emulate the same  experience people had back in the day.

IMO. Low rate progressive server until like morroc ruins episode.Originsro had the right idea,but nobody is going to wait 1 year for trans.

Edit: Can you  ban Bue already? Annoying af i swear.Your the devil in human form.And yeah your prob going to go through my posts and try to find some roast material but idgf cause your an a-hole to the heart and i could care less about an idiot like you on the forums.Piss off if ur not gonna vote or want to be part of a server led by her.
Seriously need to start cleaning up Bues posts in here,utter troll and annoyance.Makes me cringe reading ur posts.Its funny at first,but wtf you post someones selfie pic? do you have some mental illness or what?. its 2017 on RMS and your still pullin this s***.Real weirdo is you.

Bottles

Quote from: Charity Case on Jul 24, 2017, 11:17 PM
One thing you need to realize about ro is analyzing what "hype" is relevant and what isnt.
Right now low rate classic servers are poppin.
Low rate is the way to go,i would go at the highest 3x. The server life expectancy goes up.RO is a grind game,if you dont want to grind then you shouldnt be playing ro.If you want to just pvp/woe then go play on a pvp server..RO is at its finest when you have the proper ratio of time spent doing pvm vs pvp/woe(Or at least spending "x" amount of time before reaching a pvp/woe status,which majority of woe guilds will try to achieve before they just eventually only log on for the weekly woe or occasional pvp fun.For mid rates its also just farming on Battlegrounds to get enough badges for woe mats aswell.To me this is a big issue,it pretty much means the server is on its deathbed.)

The real question is,at what rate is this best at?.IMO 1x would be nice to experience,but iRO is not the answer and the servers that have opened at 1x have been absolute s*** show due to poor management.Dont get me wrong, iv played on some great Mid rate servers over the years,bu for ME the best experiences have all come from low rates. Its why phro and ro:restart are poppin.People WANT it to work out to live its hype ,so they play it for the first few months then they realize the same issues have risen again and that nothing has changed as per usual. Theres already s*** ton of bots on ro:restart(kudos for s*** the bed already gravity,you never disappoint do you? smh 10+ years and you still cant get it right.sorry excuse this venting)
One of the most,if not the most, highly populated server in recent years was a low rate.(Actually theres a few to name)

You are more likely to get 1k+ population with a  low rate server then you are a mid rate.Im not a stats freak and i dont play ro 12 months a year,but my memory serves to remember low rates more often.1x is how RO is meant to be,just never really had the server to emulate the same  experience people had back in the day.

IMO. Low rate progressive server until like morroc ruins episode.Originsro had the right idea,but nobody is going to wait 1 year for trans.

Edit: Can you  ban Bue already? Annoying af i swear.Your the devil in human form.And yeah your prob going to go through my posts and try to find some roast material but idgf cause your an a-hole to the heart and i could care less about an idiot like you on the forums.Piss off if ur not gonna vote or want to be part of a server led by her.
Seriously need to start cleaning up Bues posts in here,utter troll and annoyance.Makes me cringe reading ur posts.Its funny at first,but wtf you post someones selfie pic? do you have some mental illness or what?. its 2017 on RMS and your still pullin this s***.Real weirdo is you.
That "most popular" low rate server stays popular for lord only knows why. If a requirement for a server with long life is that it needs to be grind oriented like the original then I'd suggest you find a different example. If you've ever logged on there, you would have realized that you can vote for mvp cards, there is absolutely nothing grind-y about that. In fact, I'd be as bold as to say that is a high rate server quality.

That hatred for Bue though...I don't advocate what Bue says in other threads, however he has made a perfectly viable point here. The OP didn't put any kind of description as to what kind of server it will be, nor did she make any indication as to who would be assisting her in this project. The lack of information is apparent, so the skepticism from the community should be equally obvious.

I wouldn't exactly say the low rate classic servers are "poppin", there are just a lot more of them being made. 10 servers with 10 ppl on each is the same as 1 server with 100 ppl on it.

Another person that believes that because it takes longer to reach end-game content, must mean that the server lasts longer...sigh.... The fact is regardless of any rate, there will be someone that reaches that particular point your imagining. Do you really think they just stop after they ascertain everything? To just go somewhere else and do the same thing? If that was the case there wouldn't be any kind of end-game activities like WoE/PvP. Frankly, your generalizing people way too much, people will stay in a server for their own reasons. Whether its for friends, ubiquitous wealth(which every server has and evry1 continues to do even after they reach end game..), or just because they are lazy to move on to a new place. Point is, if your saying there is a particular rate that leads to longevity, then you really don't understand the community. All rates appeal to someone, otherwise there would only be 1 rate... Seriously, deduction is a powerful thing.

Oh yea, RO is definitely NOT a 'grind game'. It's 100% luck, because a .01% will always be .01% on each kill, despite how many you've killed prior to it(just like buying a lottery ticket). I've gotten an AmonRa card on the first kill(.01%), and yet I've grind killed devi/GR for well over a decade and have never gotten the card to drop(.01-1%). You also can't 'grind' a +10 equip, I'm sure we all have had times where we have made a +9 out of 3 items, and then at times have had dozens of dboots(or anything) and not a single pair gets to +7. Higher rates simply lower the investment(time as well as zeny) into getting those gears. I certainly don't see in any of scripts for refining that increases your chances of success with repetition of the same item. That hasn't changed since '02.

Bue

Most RO players are so afraid of change, they rather the server die instead of change. As a result, RO never goes anywhere. Server comes up -> dies -> New server comes up -> dies.

The whole problem with RO is that the end game content (PvP namely, whether it be WoE, BG, or PvP) is dead content. It's always the same. In fact, servers that promote change don't succeed, because the community doesn't want the change. If Elaria was confusing for you guys, look at Rise of Midgard. Great server idea, failed to take off.

If you're looking for a game where people grind a bit, chat a bit, idle around--and you don't want the group dying on you--you're better off joining some gaming group from Reddit. They wont play RO, but they do exactly that on whichever game floats the boat at the time, be it a steam game, rpg, or maybe even something more moba like league.

What I wanna see is a midrate server that plays itself like a highrate. DreamerRO does a particularly good job of this. Gear is easy to obtain. It turns RO's minigames into a MOBA fashion. In a sense, in League, you predict the game 10 mins down the road. Tanks building armor and health, I need my armor penetration to be built NOW, so that when they finish their armor 10 mins later, I have my armor pen ready to go. The other rising esport right now, overwatch, does exactly the opposite. They run dva, you pocket roadhog to displace her shielding. They run pharah, you switch to widow. You counter by changing the ENTIRE character as a whole in an instant. No prediction needed. You can always swap should something not go well.

In DreamerRO, I get the experience between these two types of games. In BG, you can't swap your entire character as a whole, but you can swap parts. Dueling a wizard? Get that GTB on. Dueling a monk? GR toggle ready to go. But a GX is a GX, you can't class change without leaving the game. Whereas league decisions are permanent, and overwatch reactions are purely consequential, RO provides a bunch of mini games in between these two types of games. It's a soft-counter MOBA.

As for midrate? I wanna see a midrate with a community that understands AD is OP as hell. AD should be nerfed, Asura should be nerfed. LK/Sinx/WS should be buffed and/or reworked. I wanna see a midrate that can change the entire meta of WoE/BG every 2 weeks with balance patching, like how league pushes their competitive scene. Sometimes we deathball (bragi, AD, prof, devo stacking). Sometimes assassins just run rampant and kill everyone with sonic blows. Sometimes LK Bruiser should be meta. I wanna see WoE get limited to guild sizes of 7--just enough to hold 1 of every base class. You don't need guilds of 28 and 4 creos. I rather have 4 guilds of 7, and 1 DPS Creo in each guild. May the best Deathball win. These changes would make RO far more fun.

How would this be a midrate? Midrate for me has NEVER meant 50-100x rates. That was a definition that somehow came about because of the nature of RO. Midrate meant that we would be 99/70 Trans, 150dex insta-cast, WoE/BG focused imo. < As long as these aspects are there, I would still consider the game midrate.

*Edit: I didn't realize this was Daifuku's thread advertising her upcoming server.*

This is what I wanna see:
Rates are negligible, make it like 250x/250x/250x or higher. Ban all mvp cards.

99/70 Level Caps, Trans, 150 dex insta cast.

MVP maps can be left alone, but gears such as combat knife should have an easy quest to creation. End game gears should NOT be hard to obtain.

Repetitive Gears should be patched bi-weekly to add new meta to the game. That is: Beret and Feather Beret should not have the same effect. If Beret is already doing demihuman-10%, let Feather Beret do something more interesting than +1mdef. For example, FBeret could do something like After receiving neutral damage, gain -40% reduction to neutral, +40% to all other elements.  After receiving elemental damage, +40% neutral, -40% to all elements. This means you can't build a true pure tank prof. Alternating damage between HW and Creo would murder the prof using this item, but AD spam is not effective. < Now the meta has changed. If they're only running AD DPS, trolololol on them. Toggle off when they decide to DFF you on your LP.

^RO's code is OLD. I'm not sure how flexible item abilities can be. If this isn't possible, I'm sure someone can think of creative ideas to alter the AD Deathball meta. 

Older game mechanics should be removed. AD should not do 10 hits. 1 big hit = no hit lock mechanics = more fair and fun to play/watch = no need ROext/alternate grf/ROmed. Potions should be HOT, healing over time, not spam.

Guilds limit to 7 members in WoE. WoE rewards should be costumes otherwise unobtainable. There can be other costumes for those who don't like woe, but woe costumes are for woe.

BG needs to be addressed somehow. Minigames are fun. When everyone starts rolling champs and team work goes to die, BG is not fun. This can be experimental though.

Lastly, Lead GM should shoutcast the WoE on Twitch. There's ultimately no place for RO in today's RPG market. RO is dead. WoE is what keeps RO alive and exciting in the majority of servers. As far as twitch goes, remember RO:RE? Remember how people started streaming it? Yea there's an audience, even in NA. With proper advertising, you make a game that reminds people of their childhood, of the fun, of the guild fights. Yet its new, its detailed, its different. It's nostalgic, yet new.

This might be one way to make a server that will last longer than 3 months. IF you get C&D'd, go lolololol at how you did RO so well you were actually noticed.

PSS: The hell happened to Kris? He actually typed a paragraph instead of replying with 2 memes? What kinda revelation did he receive to have enlightened him so??

It has more do with lazy developers that don't bother to test and evaluate their own work than it is about player backlash against customizations. As you said, I also think players want new content, better itemization schemes, and a fresh new meta-game on a regular basis. And it would be even more appealing if developers can get streaming personalities to host and stream events on twitch. (Although, the only shoutcaster I ever came across was Fluorite, but it was mostly shenanigans.)

The only problem is that it takes a lot of time, skill, and work to accomplished without a proportional amount of donations in return. Instead, you are better off selling enterprise software and building a software company to become a self-made multi-millionaire than going through all that.

Also, your idea about patching repetitive gears on a bi-weekly basis is doable, but it would be a tedious task for developers to constantly sync the item database on the server with the client tables, including writing the item script randomizer and generator. And on a related note, I know a guy who has a particular set of skills and tools in that area, but that guy is basically hitler.  ::)

Woon

Sup kiddos.
Was linked to the topic, thought I should say hi. I have been MIA for a few months now.

For those wondering, my martial arts school is going amazingly well. The support from the community is really good, in fact we're moving to a bigger location this weekend because the current one is too small for my classes. I'm having a really good time doing something amazingly fun for a job. I get to punch and kick people all day and they pay me for it :o

On topic. I neither have the time nor the patience for an Admin position. The patience I have I use IRL for my students so I don't feel like dealing with trolls on a daily basis. Anyway I'm looking forward to a strictly developer position. Right now I'm working on some cool feature that's similar to the guild system we had on EWRO but a lot less game impacting. I'm sure Daifu doesn't want me saying much more yet.

I saw a lot of people asking about the details of the server and what more are they getting besides Daifu as Admin. We have all of the features from EWRO ready to go so little time needs to be invested in those. We are doing some heavy refining on the controversial features, removing some and polishing up on others so that we find a nice balance between fun and longevity. The plan Daifu has so far looks really promising and I think it may just be the sweet spot for a MR. I've tried releasing and sharing some of my codes to rAthena and Herc but people be greedy yo, so I stopped. As a result you will still be getting a lot of exclusive content that you cannot get on other servers.

Anywhooo, just thought I'd drop by and say hi. Not sure what the plan is from Daifu, as to when and how and the details. Not sure if I said too much, but from what I can see there is plenty of support for a MR by the listed crew.

Daifuku.

Did not check rms much recently but the topic is still getting replies.. that's good I guess - shows activity.

Quote from: Kris on Jul 23, 2017, 04:35 AM
A decent server for me would be a copy paste yrvine server.
I think it's time for a KrisRO hmu if you want to make this happen cause idk coding. I'm also open to different server names if that's what you're into.
I think he's selling his server files currently, so go for it Kris! It's going to be the most "afk in pron sitting and sometimes popping into PvP"-server I've ever seen!

Low rate is the way to go,i would go at the highest 3x.
I came from the LR dev-scene +/- a year ago and I don't see myself going back there for a while.
The LR community that I got to experience was super nice, understanding and patient but I wanted to explore the MR scene for a reason and here I am.

Its funny at first,but wtf you post someones selfie pic? do you have some mental illness or what?
Was told it's a common thing to do if people want attention or a faster response, in my case I did not care much that he posted it because I am fine with my ugly face ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But I appreciate that everyone is trying to teach Bue that such actions are not as cool as he thinks they are and I think he got that by now.

Anyway, the survey is looking great I took a peek recently and we are at over 200 potential interested players already and wow Nihad replied while I was typing!

Kris

Quote from: Daifuku. on Jul 25, 2017, 11:02 AM
Did not check rms much recently

but when you did, you got Nihad as reinforcement

but the topic is still getting replies.. that's good I guess - shows activity.

if you do start checking rms "recently"/regularly, you'll see that this thread is active, cause I've wanted it to be

I think he's selling his server files currently, so go for it Kris! It's going to be the most "afk in pron sitting and sometimes popping into PvP"-server I've ever seen!

would 'high'key love to buy server files from my boy yrvine, but I've envisioned something bigger, something better, something which the MR community needs. What I can promise the people of RMS is that, while I'm not directly involved, something big is coming to a store near you.
The surprise to the community will be presented on the exact same day as Elaria v2/v3
I can also guarantee that I'll still be the "most afk in pron sitting person" partly cause I quit RO a couple years ago but mainly because of game of thrones season 7, AKA let the games begin
2k21 Return

Mathy

You and I have a very different idea of what "nobody" means, because I know very well people have been "waiting" 3.5 years for trans there already, with possibly a year more to come. You'd be surprised how large the Pre-Trans community is.

If you are interested in a mid-rate though, then yes, you likely want a faster progression.

Vic7us

Used to play on Elaria and absolutely loved it. Also wanted to join the fun on ElariaWoonReloaded but I moved to another city that time and you know it can really be a pain in the donkey to organize all the stuff, get used to the new environment, place of work etc. So the second I had the chance to check if it was still alive ... well, it kinda was dead already. ( Hint: The name was Vidar on the forums, I created a grf-thread and posted some content before real life kicked my donkey :P )

I'd really love to play on a fresh low- or midrate server. Spent some time checking out servers the past couple of days and we definitely need a good pre-renewal mid rate server. 200 potential players, that's insane. GO FOR IT!

BestPlayerEver

Here we go again. Looks like people need money again.

BestPlayerEver

Just because of the gap in the midrate scene right now, you'll get people joining. But for players like me who'd rather not grind for a year and then see it going to waste because the Admin decides she feels unappreciated and closes the server is ridiculous.

Again, this server will be a hit or miss yet still have the same inevitable outcome of closing in a year.

@Bue, There's not point arguing on the "losing" side, aka bashing another player, especially a carebear female GM. These people will always have a bunch of supporters as they have good relationships with players. Being a female on RO or any Internet game makes them an instant celebrity, proven by post your picture threads where ugly beat donkey girls have guys drooling over them.

I'm late to this post but from what I gathered, the original post showed no information on the server besides a poll asking for interest. That's pretty useless as the poll is bias. Either players who support Daifuku will vote "yes," players who dislike Daifuku will "No," or randoms who just want a new hype midrate will "yes."

You can't expect to have a proper representation of interest without fully disclosing the features of the server.

What is the difference between this new server versus old? Besides the shift in administrative power?

@Daifuku, you have good brand equity but I don't think you know how to create a good balanced server.

All that being said, I support your new server because midrates are a dud right now. I personally wouldn't join your server unless it's still stable, 150+ active players, after a year. I think the reason why some players bash you is because the way you carry yourself as an Admin, you are very passive aggressive, if not flat out aggressive.

WoonRO was a perfect server with a good PvP scene and fluctuating BG/WoE scene. People bashed but it was a great home for many players. f*** you Nihad, I grinded for 2 years to get my s***)

Final words: Servers nowadays have clear unfair treatment to certain players. I think it's good to have trolls/haters on every server, if not for those people, who else would be willing to go against the status quo? If your bestfriend really your bestfriend if all that person does is support your ideas, even if it's bad?

I was on the council team for Woon and let me tell you, that inside information you get from the Skype groups can be abused. My boys on the inside would tell me the gears of another player so I can adjust my build accordingly in PvP. Cough Seffi ;)   Not to mention the billions of zeny I farmed because I knew items would be buffed and I +9/10'd them when they were still cheap to buy.

You know midrates are in the gutters when even Kris doesn't bash them anymore.

Bue

Quote from: BestPlayerEver on Aug 04, 2017, 03:55 PM
What is the difference between this new server versus old? Besides the shift in administrative power?

They just wanted to wipe the server and start off with a clean slate, but the players voted for a server shutdown. Instead of shutting down the server with grace and dignity, they made development promises and dragged it out for a while before going down in flames, i.e. lost passion, not making any money, and moving on with their lives. Right now, my guess is that they will continue with their previous development and make changes as to not qualified as a copy-and-paste server.

Oh yeah. This thread really took off after some provocation and OP posted a link of this thread on EWR discord. Its too bad because a few post in this thread were insightful and I want to build a server along the lines of dinosaurpie post.

Anyways, let see what ends up happening. I expect more of the same though. :)

misterj

theres not money in ro unless youre running a cashcow p2w s*** like officials/talon/nova. even still i doubt those pull enough in to anyone except the **** at the top (that all goes out the window if youre from a 3rd world s***, i guess!). why do you think no projects in the ro world go anywhere?

its very unfortunate that some corrupt gm revealed to the world that you had a 150 dex prof with stacked long range and demihuman resists. idk how you could compete once that was figured out. :/

i have no idea how this thread is still alive, but god it's fun to watch!