LF> old/new potential players for a MR.

Started by Daifuku., Jul 13, 2017, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reality

Oof. What happened to this thread? There was a reason that I typically responded to baiting with things like "no u", or "sure", or "ok kris".

If you want to be head administrator, just know that it will get very tiring very quickly if you feel compelled to respond and defend yourself on everything, or ignore negative feedback from level-headed players, like in this thread. As an admin, I was typically only long winded in important threads in suggestions, bug reports, and news forums because of that.

Private servers aren't best run like a democracy. Not every post is valuable, and it's good to not sway from your values, especially if server longevity is a goal and you know what not to implement. I'm more keen on benevolent dictatorships, as a player, and I think most others are as well as proven by the success of Yrvine's garbage servers. (That guy really milks the Stockholm syndrome that midrate players clearly have.)

-Reality

Bue

Quote from: Potatoes on Jul 16, 2017, 09:09 AM
Take Bue for instance. Everyone here knows Bue is a troll and that he should just be ignored. You of all people should know this... unless you're new, but you're clearly not. At the very least you should have figured this out at his second reply; he's going to reply whatever crap he can think of and make your case look worse. That was bad judgement on your end.

You should have stopped replying to this thread ages ago. Now it looks like you're taking these offenses seriously and that they're having an impact on you (again, making you look weak). Now I can already picture you replying to this and saying "I'm definitely not weak and I have a strong motivation etc"... we don't care. Appearance is what matters and so far you've had a pretty bad record.

Yeah, that guy is a huge prick and arrogant af. I agree with you on ignoring every bait thread and reply. And if you have to reply, then keep it minimal and professional, i.e. be as friendly as possible regardless of how rude the client is and don't let your emotions get involved. I learn that hard way when I had my first service industry job as a waiter during college and my first professional job after college. Imagine a customer going off on you over a long email chain or a phone conversation when all you want is a core dump or a wireshark capture. Though, building a thicker skin isn't the only requirement.

misterj

catcalling is not allowed :<

bue why does your db converter have to work in c, its freakin awful for string manipulation!!! X_X

Yuzo

@Bue you are now worthy of my crack pipe. Use its power responsibly.

neilpatrick

I bid you goodluck on your upcoming project @Daifuku  /no1
Looking forward to it  /heh

Maybe I'll leave the Low rate community and try this one out

Develon

Quote from: Kris on Jul 15, 2017, 03:07 AM

Side note to @Develon - why is your dumb a$$ on RMS ?

Hello friend. Just checking the air.

Zinnia

OP was just surveying RMS to know if there was demand for a pre-re midrates server. The presentation was a little off which led some people to think she was trying to sell something but this is actually not the case. Noone would sell their project with the sole argument "I am admin now", that would sound pretentious and completely out of place.

Anyway, I know Daifuku for a while now and she is a passionate. It comes with both a positive and a negative side.
Positive: She is capable of doing a huge amount of work in little time.
Negative: She may take Community feedback too much at heart.

Even though, my first guess is that she's learned from past mistakes because, contrarely to most other admins, she at least have the experience of doing something else than shipping a copy/paste server with 3 custom scripts and be gone for the next 3 months while occasionally looking at a paypal account.
Of course you cannot blame someone for their mistakes while they never tried to build something. Daifuku is one of the rare persons in the admin community who actually took risks. It's expected to find a few threads about her with negative comments.

I'll keep quoting this because it's so often valid: "Anyone who leads, does something, has against them all those who wish to do the same, those who do exactly the opposite, but mainly the wide army of men, even more severe, who never do anything."

Anyway!

@SukiChii: May I bring you on a date?

Beyond

Offtopic: So yeah i've lurked this place for years and it's about time I registered, since i mostly play midrates seems like a good 1st topic, heh.

OnTopic: A new mid rate? sure I might check it out, I might even bring 2 or 3 people along for the ride, but that would depend on the server specs.

On the topic of midrates:
Someone said something about having stuff and objectives and whatnot (yeah i'm not going to go back and check who posted it exactly, sorry), but I agree, the problem with midrates lies on the rates themselves, people will get bored with the game as soon as there's nothing much to do, with midrates its usually quite easy to fully gear a character so people end up getting bored quite fast.

As for what would be ideal for myself:
Mid rate exp, high low rate items (with some custom rates inbetween since cards can be bumped a little higher as well as some equipments), hell you could even tweak around the exp caps making levels above base 85~90 take ages (don't touch the job levels though since those just make people feel like they can't fully use their character). That could incentivise people to actually party up and level.

I did check out ElariaRO, despite not exactly liking/understanding some of the custom changes, it seemed like people cared about what they were doing, which is always nice to see.
As for the comments about people, I don't think I've ever interacted with any of the people on the team so I won't say much. Daifuku seems nice from what I've seen of her posting.

@Kris: I've also seen a lot of your posts here, props for the good work you've done o/

Bue

Quote from: Zinnia on Jul 18, 2017, 02:20 AM
OP was just surveying RMS to know if there was demand for a pre-re midrates server. The presentation was a little off which led some people to think she was trying to sell something but this is actually not the case. Noone would sell their project with the sole argument "I am admin now", that would sound pretentious and completely out of place.

I agree otherwise this thread would been titled "a new adventure; lead by daifuku" instead of "LF> old/new potential players for a MR."

Even though, my first guess is that she's learned from past mistakes because, contrarely to most other admins, she at least have the experience of doing something else than shipping a copy/paste server with 3 custom scripts and be gone for the next 3 months while occasionally looking at a paypal account.
Of course you cannot blame someone for their mistakes while they never tried to build something. Daifuku is one of the rare persons in the admin community who actually took risks. It's expected to find a few threads about her with negative comments.

I'll keep quoting this because it's so often valid: "Anyone who leads, does something, has against them all those who wish to do the same, those who do exactly the opposite, but mainly the wide army of men, even more severe, who never do anything."

Yeah, it would be hypocritical to blame someone for their mistakes when they themselves never tried stealing an IP and passing it off as their own. My god, can you imagine the hypocrisy? I mean, you would have to go to a forum filled with past and present server administrators to see something like that. But none of that matters, because server administrators have a good track record of accepting criticism and revising their plan of action.

On a side note, I hope the results for OP's poll turn out positive, then we can all start opening mid rates. Yaay! It is always fun to start a low cost startup with no liability, which you can operate for as long as its profitable.

Zinnia

SukiChii

Sure @Zinnia. I love free food  /ok

By the way Dai, have you decided on what you're gonna do?

Zinnia

This sounds so wrong on so many levels

Kris

Quote from: Bue on Jul 18, 2017, 07:11 AM
I agree otherwise this thread would been titled "a new adventure; lead by daifuku" instead of "LF> old/new potential players for a MR."

Bruh you need to take it easy. You already took your L on this thread; stop making yourself look pitiable by trying to justify your marring posts about 'Fuku
Future tip: Instead of automatically finding fault in someone's post, learn to appreciate the fact that people like fuks are still willing to give RO a shot in 2k17

Quote from: Develon on Jul 17, 2017, 08:52 PM
Hello friend. Just checking the air.

Lowkey wanted Reality to give me attention but I'll settle with your reply as compensation.

Quote from: Beyond on Jul 18, 2017, 04:14 AM
@Kris: I've also seen a lot of your posts here, props for the good work you've done o/
need yC to sign me asap
2k21 Return

Daifuku.

Quote from: neilpatrick on Jul 17, 2017, 02:58 AM
I bid you goodluck on your upcoming project @Daifuku  /no1
Looking forward to it  /heh

Maybe I'll leave the Low rate community and try this one out
Thank you icee!

Positive: She is capable of doing a huge amount of work in little time.
Negative: She may take Community feedback too much at heart.
I know, I'm not perfect but who is anyway. I do the best I can.  /no1

Gene

Hello,

Lostac here, I've played Woon Reloaded since launch until the last few weeks before closing, then played elaria a bit when it opened but I didn't really stayed for long. Something just didn't feel right with the server trying to have LR features while being MR and vice versa.

Looking to join on your planned server but I'm joining the hype on the newly opened phro official server. So far everything's fine there except for some lags and their mixed up renewal stats+pre renewal monster stats which made the game feel total crap so if I get tired of it, maybe I could take a look.