LF> old/new potential players for a MR.

Started by Daifuku., Jul 13, 2017, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daifuku.

Quote from: jacobo_bobo on Jul 15, 2017, 12:51 PM
To be honest, I never played your server but I remember clearly a lot of whining and complaining about how players did not appreciate your work, how you made a server with pure cosmetics on donations and people still didn't like it.
Yeah, I didn't get why people would prefer a pay to win server in the MR scene, while LR scene (where I was originally from) prefer cosmetic servers.
But you have to make mistakes in life and gather experience to make things better the second time.
If people judge me and don't want to join my sever because of rumors or topics about me on RMS it's completely fine, no-one will force them.
All I will do is offer a place to play where they can be assured that the admin will fight for the server as long as it's possible and not do any fishy things.

Quote from: neilpatrick on Jul 15, 2017, 07:22 AM
I'm with Chemical Crush with this, though the decision will still be up to you ofcourse :)
I left the LR scene as admin to gather new experience. Nihad was my chance to dive into the MR world and I would love to give it another shot before I touch anything else.
I also don't have much contact to the LR scene players anymore .. most of the old players were disappointed when EWR opened because they expected a LR of me. 
I hope you're doing good icee ♥

Quote from: Evin on Jul 15, 2017, 07:03 AM
Da f***? Did she piss in your cereal or some s***? Do you have some sort of hate boner for her? I can understand the criticism towards her admin ability, but to go out of your way to post her pic and judge it here? That's kinda creepy.
Wondering the same, curious what the answer will be!  /hmm

Duckshooter

Oh boy, Ragnarok drama! It's 2007 again!

I don't know what happened on EWR since I had no time to play shortly after launch but it looks like nothing serious, basic problems between community and staff.
Angry and stupid voices are usually the loudest and blowing things out of proportion is nothing new on the internet, we all know that.

I have no idea what Bue's personal issue is but it seems like he goes the extra mile to get his point across and that's a bit weird.

Since pre-ren mid-rate servers are not big right now I dont mind the conversation about the demand for such a server at all. The RMS forums are kinda quiet anyway so discussions are great.
Also, I didnt see Bue post on this http://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-discussion/market-research/ topic which is also asking for what people like but without any real specification.

If staff isnt competent enough the server will go down anyway so why bother talking down on something (with multiple replies) that isnt even a thing yet?

Bue

I am very impressed with Shourei's response. He did not take the bait. And he addressed the self promotion and community issue, focused on the survey, and thanked all the participants. Its the perfect disengagement.

@ChemicalCrush, @Evin; drama. white knights. damsel in distress. etc
@duckshooter; OP is self promoting and your right.

I call out anyone who shamelessly self promote themselves on rms. What made it worse was that OP never introduce herself and the team and did not provide any information about the server. After OP talked about EWR, I went over to their forums and discord and everything started to make sense. Also, OP remove EWR references compare to this thread and EWR drama on RMS.

@daifuku; I think @BestPlayerEver describes it best; "I'd rather not join a server where the Admin is so easily provoked and agitated." And all the selfies in the world wouldn't make up for that personality! And your welcome.

SukiChii

I think it's enough.
We've provided information on how you guys operate. Now it's in the player's hands if they decide to join your venture or not.
To me, you don't seem ready to administer a server just yet. Like someone already posted, you are better off working for a server rather than running it.

I wish you luck with whatever it is you want to do.

Edit: Also Daifuku, are you by any chance the same Daifuku in ValorRO's Discord?

Kris

for those of you that are new here, refer to my previous post
2k21 Return

Artemsis

Played on one of branded "Nihad" Servers in 2013- Woon:Reloaded. Was a great time.

Played on Daifuku's and Nihads Server as well. Yes, it crashed hard against the wall like the way its hype went trough the roof in the beginning -but fk it- I experienced Daifuku as a dedicated admin who spent hours of time to serve me a place to play and chill in the evenings. And the best, it was free of charge. Btw, thanks for that, Daifuku!

Count me in on your next project. Im pretty sure you have learned again a lot from all the impressions the spoon-fed rushloving midrate community was givin' in during that time. Follow your impressions, nail your idea and keep your precious passion.

Artemsis

Mina-chan

@Bue, first of all, no matter what your point may or may not be, there's always something very malicious with posting a picture of someone else in the internet without their consent. Yes, even if it were a public fb photo. Why would you have it in the first place? And what's the point of showing it to everyone else? Even if there were something wrong with it, there's no justification. You say that OP is trying to "sell herself" and you talk about "all the selfies in the world", but it's you who were showing their photo originally. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with the picture itself, except for the way you posted it here. They can post their photo, but you can't. There's something called freedom of expression, so people can take the selfies they want in whichever way they want, and also something called the right to privacy, and crossing the line isn't just "going the extra mile" as someone else stated. That's what is actually shameless. It also means that whichever point you may have had, you threw it aside and really started making it sound weird and even creepy, as if it were personal (or maybe that's what it was from the beginning). So, what's the point, then? It sounds more like you don't like X person and their personality, and their selfies! and are crossing lines for that sole reason.

The rest seems to be quite simple tbh, and not worth this amount of discussion. Because objectively speaking, the OP is simply stating something in their own way, and asking for a poll to be answered about a project they may have in mind, with the rates and other details still being unclear. You may not like the way they express themselves, but that's your problem, not theirs. From what I see, it's obvious that 1) they're interested in starting a project and 2) there's no such a thing as "shameless self promotion", stating that does sound far-fetched, and strange in itself. How is exactly the OP doing that, according to you? And supposing that were the case, what's exactly the problem you have with people promoting things in a way that you don't like? And this is about a possible RO server. Giving each thing the importance it deserves is good for your health, you know?

Aside from that, from my understanding, to promote anything, including yourself, you'd have to provide a certain amount of information. So objectively speaking, OP is just looking for their poll to be filled, among a community that for various reasons does already know about who they are and the servers they've worked in, so this feels more like a call to those people. To my knowledge, at least among the mid rate community, a good portion of it knows what Elaria Woon was, given the community's size. Those who don't know about them would most likely ignore the thread... and that's it.

Bue

You are right, Mina-chan. It was very immature. And I am sorry, Daifuku.

Although, I disagree with the rest being simple. I did not know OP was an admin of EWR nor what happened there, but it provided significant context related to the poll. And my major gripe with this thread from the beginning was self-promotion and the lack of context and transparency. This thread is very much about Daifuko than it is about an upcoming mid rate server since the significance of the server itself is that it going to be manage by Daifuki and friends.

But these threads; EWR shutdown and EWF drama are extremely relevant for anyone who isn't in the know.

Also, to make it even, I am not hiding behind 7 proxies.

Ravs

I would definitely try any server you make Aurela :)

Daifuku.

Quote from: Bue on Jul 15, 2017, 09:54 PM
And I am sorry, Daifuku.
What's done is done, no need to apologize.

Again, I can only assure that I never wanted to make this a self-promotion.
I only clarified that I would be leading the project alone and not together with Nihad as Admin to take away the fear of some old players.
Quote from: Develon on Jul 14, 2017, 03:13 PM
Regarding if i'd show up on it or not, maybe. Would all deppend on the people that got hardcore molested by Nihao and if they are willing to show up.

Maybe I should have worded things differently and wrote more information about who we are to those who don't know us, you can blame that on me if you want.
But you attacking me on a personal basis, judging me and my work because of two topics without actually knowing anything about me nor what I did for the previous project is pretty biased.
However it could also only be me who doesn't judge people right away. I prefer to make my own experiences before I call someone out.

End of the story;
there's been over 150 real people who logged into their google account within the past 48h that would be interested in a potential server without having any sort of information.
And those are propably mainly old players that know who we are.

Potatoes

Huh, this whole thread makes me think you're not as good as an admin as you think you are. You seem weak and an easy target to pick on. I mean, what did you expect out of this? That the people would be all nice and cheering you up, giving you the required motivation for you to start up a new server? ... That seems foolish to me.

Your replies to this thread are all pretty bad. You have good intentions and you're probably a good person, but that doesn't make you a good admin.

Take Bue for instance. Everyone here knows Bue is a troll and that he should just be ignored. You of all people should know this... unless you're new, but you're clearly not. At the very least you should have figured this out at his second reply; he's going to reply whatever crap he can think of and make your case look worse. That was bad judgement on your end.

You should have stopped replying to this thread ages ago. Now it looks like you're taking these offenses seriously and that they're having an impact on you (again, making you look weak). Now I can already picture you replying to this and saying "I'm definitely not weak and I have a strong motivation etc"... we don't care. Appearance is what matters and so far you've had a pretty bad record.

People are laughing at this thread and having a good time. Those responding, other than the trolls, are just being polite or they're your friends/supporters. We both know these aren't enough for a new server.

Some generic advice for the future, since you're probably going to open a new server anyway... :
- Don't use emotes when making official replies.
- Stop trying to bring people together with cheap shots.
- Cut the "I'm happy and everything is great ^^!" crap, it makes you look like a teenager.
- Talk less, the less people know you, the better.
- Learn to take criticism. That means: stop replying to negative crap people say about you.
- Keep a good image (it's already too late in my opinion, though).

With that said, I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you take!

Daifuku.

Quote from: Potatoes on Jul 16, 2017, 09:09 AM
I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you take!
Thanks!
P.s: I recommend to refrain from judging people. Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who you are.

Potatoes

... and this reply is why I think you're not ready! People judge you whether you like it or not. Everyone here judged you. If they don't know you, they'll look at your replies and base an opinion from them. In a perfect and ideal world, nobody would have prejudice on you but that's not how things work in practice. This is something you should already know, you've been a GM and an admin before and you know how players are. You know full well how important your image is, or at least I hope you do.

I know you from rAthena, you're a nice person, so I personally have a good impression of you. You as an admin though, it's a whole different story.

QuoteP.s: I recommend to refrain from judging people. Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who you are.
You don't give recommendations or life advice on RMS. You'll get destroyed, lol...

Boreas

I don't understand the purpose of this thread. If you want to open a new server then do so. The RMS forum is pretty much dead except for the usual trolls. How many people do have to vote "yes" for you to open a server and vice versa for "no" to not open one? If you need this poll as a motivation then you should not administrate a server, honestly speaking. Anyway, good luck to you!

Daifuku.

Quote from: Boreas on Jul 16, 2017, 11:24 AM
I don't understand the purpose of this thread. If you want to open a new server then do so. The RMS forum is pretty much dead except for the usual trolls. How many people do have to vote "yes" for you to open a server and vice versa for "no" to not open one? If you need this poll as a motivation then you should not administrate a server, honestly speaking. Anyway, good luck to you!
It does not take a certain amount of numbers for me to open a server.
Simply doing a research on how many people are looking for a new midrate server despite there barely being activity in the MR scene at the moment + two new pre-re officials.
I'm not very active on RMS honestly.