A little project of mine - MIDICITY

Started by Cyan Hijirikawa, Nov 14, 2016, 01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyan Hijirikawa

Quote from: huwaat on Dec 26, 2016, 03:50 PM
im not so used to customs but this one i feel excited because i saw that this is really well planned and thought deeply and i believe the stats function will not emulate the renewal (which sucks imho). really want to see this begin. i am rooting for the success of this for you sir..

We have already begun and beta is in place, of course only 10% of the actual content is implemented right now.

We've also revised the 1-1 class rework and here is the updated version of it.

Spoiler
Swordsman Rework

Bash
      If HP is below 25%, 40% of the damage done will heal the caster
      If HP is below 10%, increase damage done by 300%
   Magnum Break
      IF HP is below 25%, 25% of the damage done will heal the caster
      If PH is below 10%, increase damage done by 200%

New Skill
      Sword Charge [ level 5 ]
         Deals 60% * skill level damage to the target and in 3x3 area around the target
         Main target will be stunned for 1 second (ignores resistance)
         Range is 7 cells
         Cooldown of 7 seconds
         SP consumption 21 all level
      Mass Provoke [ level 3 ]
         Provokes up to 2 * skill level enemies and increase DEF by 5 * skill level for 4 * skill level seconds
         Cooldown of 10 + 2 * skill level seconds
         SP consumption 30 all level

Acolyte Rework

Heal
      Heals the target and 1 random player in a 3x3 area of the target
      25% chance to heal self as well per cast
      Cooldown of 1.5 seconds
   Blessing
      Buffs the target and 2 random players in a 3x3 area of the target
      Also applies buff to caster
      Cooldown of 4 seconds
   Agi Up
      Buffs the target and 2 random players in a 3x3 area of the target
      Also applies buff to caster
      Cooldown of 4 seconds

New Skill
      Restoration [ level 3 ]
         Heals 1% * skill level of max hp & sp of target every second for 10 seconds
         Cooldown of 15 seconds
         SP consumption 75
      Blessed Hammer [ Level 5 ]
         Deals 150% * skill level of dmg in a 3x3 area hitting to a maximum of 3 targets
         50% chance of rooting the target, immobalizing it for 3 seconds
         Cooldown of 6 seconds
         SP Consumption 12 * skill level

Merchant Rework

Mammonite
      Increase damage done by 400% [ 600% -> 1000% ]
      Increase coin consumption by 100z per level [ 2,000z @ lv 10 ]
      25% chance to not consume zeny upon skill cast
      25% chance to refund zeny cost by 50% [ 1000z refund ]
      25% chance to deal half the damage received by the target in a 3x3 area around the target
      Note: only one of the chances above may be triggered per skill cast

New Skill
      Cart Dash [ level 5 ]
         Rushes to the target and deal 30% * skill level damage to it, knocks back the target by 3 cells away
         25% chance to cast mammonite upon impact
         Cooldown of 7 seconds
         SP consumption 19
      Tools of the Trade [ level 3 ]
         Level 1 - Increase attack speed by 25%
         Level 2 - Increase movespeed by 25%
         Level 3 - Increase all skill damage by 50%
         Note: This works like spell shield of royal guard
         Buff last for 15 seconds
         Cooldown of 25 seoonds
         SP Consumption 10

Archer Rework

Arrow Shower
      Increase damage done the closer target is to you
      Caps at 3 cells away from character
      Increaes by 105% / 90% / 75% from 3 / 4 / 5 cells away from the target, targets 6 cells away will have no bonus damage

New Skill
      Piercing Arrow [ level 5 ]
         Deals a huge damage to the first few targets it hits ( limit of 5 will be hit ) straight line, 1 cell only
         Deals 1000% / 800% / 600% / 400% / 200% damage to enemies within 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 cells starting from the caster
         cast range is 5 cells
         cooldown of 10 - skill level seconds
         SP consumption 15 + skill level * 2
      Keen Eyes [ Level 3 ]
         Increases damage done by ranged attacks by 40%
         Immobilizes the player for the duration of the buff
         Buff last for 5 seconds
         Cooldown of 17 - skill level seconds

Magician Rework

Bolt Skills
      Now have separate cooldowns rather than global cooldown
      How it works:
         After casting Fire Bolt, you can immedliately cast another spell on the monster after the casting of Fire Bolt ends

Napalm Beat
      25% chance to increase damage done by 100%
      25% chance to automatically cast Soul Strike after casting
      25% chance to automatically cast Blink 3 cells away from the target
      Roots the main target for 2 seconds
      Cooldown of 4 seconds

New Skill
      Blink [ level 5]
         Teleports to a location and deal 40% * skill level damage in AoE (3x3)
         Has 10% * skill level chance to silence enemies hit when blinking in
         Blink range of 7 cells
         Cooldown of 12 - skill level seconds
         SP consumption 10 * skill level
      Arcanist [ level 3 ]
         When blinking, has 15 + (5 * skill level)% chance to automatically insta-cast one random bolt spell on one all enemies around the caster
         Bolts released this way only deal 35 + (5 * skill level)% damage

Thief Rework

New Skill
      Ambush [ level 3 ]
         Requires to be in hiding, jumps to the target and deal 300% damage, also blinds them 100% for 3 seconds.
         Cooldown of 15 seconds
         SP consumption of 9

Dirty Trick [ level 5]
         Deals 45% * skill level damage in an 3x3 area around the caster
         25% chance to recover 5 SP per target hit by the skill, maximum of 5 targets, skill can only hit up to 5 targets
         75% chance to inflict Poison / Blind / Stun to the targets hit
         SP consumption 20
         Cooldown of 5 seconds
[close]

There are more features coming too which are the following: (they are already being worked on)

Spoiler
Proficiency

Primary            Secondary

Harvesting         Crafting
      Hunting            Mining
      Cooking

Information

Harvesting
      Players who have the Harvesting Proficiency (Skill) can harvest plants scattered around the world
      Higher level'd players have a higher chance of obtaining rare and high level materials

Hunting
      Players who have the Hunting Proficiency (Skill) can gain materials by killing monsters, materials gained depending on what monster is killed and what level it is
      Higher level'd players have a higher chance of obtaining rare and high level materials

Cooking
      Players who have the Cooking Proficiency (Skill) have the ability to cook using pre-determined materials. Higher quality materials means higher chance of cooking high level food
      Food is used to satiate hunger. High level food have bonuses attached to them that will last for some time.

Crafting
      Players who have the Crafting Proficiency (Skill) can create their own armor and weapon sets. These have random stats attached to them when  created.
      Higher level'd players have a higher chance of producing a "unique" type of armor/weapon set with good stats attached to them.

Mining
      Players who have the Mining Proficiency (Skill) can mine in the mines to obtain crafting materials or even refining materials.
      Higher level'd players have a higher chance of obtaining high class material.

Note:
      Only one Primary and one Secondary skill may be chosen.
[close]

We are only using custom maps, fields and dungeons and have actually removed all old RO maps, this is almost a new RO game. All new maps, all new monster locations and new features. We do understand lots of players don't want to see custom content, but right now the game is being too repetitive that what people do is jump from one server to another. So why not give them an experience where they haven't had it before?

So what can you do in-game? TONS!

Daily Quests
Field / Dungeon Quests
Album Collection Quests
Daily Instance [ Solo / Normal / Nightmare ]
and so much more!

So how far are we doing right now?

We've finished most mobs and npcs (yes, we removed all npcs from the game and made our own custom npcs from scratch!)
Each map also has their standalone quests, each map has some headgear quests hidden, some maps have some hidden npcs where when you find them you can get rewards from them for finding them (EASTER EGGS!)

One of our developers is already working on the Proficiency System. Again, this will not be a regular RO server with the same old mechanics or gameplay. I can only say two words: RE-EXPLORE RAGNAROK

We have also tweaked the EXP tables, so you will be in for a surprise.

I don't know about you guys, but I myself am excited to see this little project of mine succeed xD

NOTE: Looking for a content creator!

What does a content creator do? Well, you make contents. NPC Dialogues, Quest Dialogues, Quests, Story-Line. Interested? Shoot me a pm.

Blinzer

Your skill changes are a disaster. I'm not saying this to fire at you, I'm saying it to help you because it's the truth. You seem to have very unrefined eyes which do not translate consequences and implications of the changes you make into the game. I will provide you with 3 prescriptions(though there is much more that needs curing), then you are on your own.

Increased zeny on mammonite? Why would anyone use it then, especially for levelling? Why are you adding random chances to not consume zeny(and thus promote even more luck mechanics to the game) when you should be instead removing it? Nobody is going to want to gamble their zeny like that, it's discouraging. Solution: Instead of a 25% to not consume and a 25% to consume half, just do the math and make it be that price in practice. Lower the cost of mammonite instead of increasing it. It will create a zeny sink and make the class much less bad in PvM. Tone back the damage to compensate for this normalization.

Having your HP below 25% is a place that you should never be in RO. The goal is to keep your health high so that if unexpected turns of events happen you are ready to deal with it. Adding conditions that "if your HP is low then this happens" promotes putting your life on the line for no reason to create the illusion of difficulty and risk. What you have created is not risk-reward, it's making people choose between bad and bad. Even if you were talking about the enemy's health and not yours, what you're actually accomplishing is giving the illusion that you've customized a skill when the customization itself never comes into play and/or is never practical and significant enough to matter. Solution: Don't add conditionals(if this, then that) to your skills. They create the illusion of complexity and make a game non-transparent when the solution can easily be simplified to be much more consistent and versatile.

Heal having a chance to self heal as well? Bad choice, relying on luck. Random player? Terrible design, the person doesn't even have control of their own skill. Solution: If you want Heal to be 2 heals, just give it no cooldown so the person playing the class can cast the 2 heals to whoever he wants. Please stop using luck and % chances, nobody wants or should have to deal with not having control over their own skill.

That's all for me though, I can't sit here making your server for you. Got places to go, things to see.

By the way, interesting magician bolt change.

Bue

Before dismissing Blinzer because of his demeanor, he does make a fair point on the conditionals and chances added to the skills, especially with cyclic skill chains.

Fyi, cyclic skills chains with 100% chance all the way through forms an infinite loop, which can be catastrophic in some instances, but this depends on implementation.

(Fun story; I had an email automation system that got stuck in an error state that form a cyclic chain in the finite state machine that end up spamming multiple customers with over +600 emails over the span of a day. Almost got fired, true story.)

Cyan Hijirikawa

Quote from: Blinzer on Dec 26, 2016, 11:41 PM
Your skill changes are a disaster. I'm not saying this to fire at you....

Thank you for the criticism and for reading through our skill reworks Blinzer, since this is still under development, skill changes may be changed at any time, I do see your point, especially with the HP conditions, the idea we had with it is that it could be a life-saver if what you have said, "the unexpected" happens, when for some reason your HP falls below 25% and you have no potions or anything else, you can either decide to fight it out with your boosted skills or just try to escape. However, we'll try to review the changes and see if we can add anything outside of that scope.

As for the Cleric / Acolyte changes, is to add difficulty to the class, proper over-all game play change as well. This will make others play a bit more cautious even if they do have a Cleric around. But then again, these changes will still be undergoing testing with my beta testers and see how it works out.

As for Mammonite, yes, I agree, even with a damage increase and randomized chance of a few rewards, it would not work out well.I myself am in the process of changing it to a more interesting skill, not just making it a simple offensive skill.

Quote from: Bue on Dec 27, 2016, 12:45 AM
Before dismissing Blinzer because of his demeanor....

Thanks Bue, I really don't throw away any constructive criticism (as what Blinzer have given) and really appreciate the effort and time he gave for it. That is the main reason why this thread was created, I want to get ideas from individuals, see what they think of the changes so we can view it from another perspective, match it up against our own calculations and see where it goes.

As for the chances of errors and infinite looping for that matter, we will be thoroughly testing the skills and see what happens, we'll also be monitoring the machine itself and if gets a weird result, we'll try to see if we can fix it, if not, we will just have to re-construct a new skill change.

Again thank you for the criticism and help guys, I really appreciate it. May everyone have a (late) Merry Christmas and an advance Happy New Year.

huwaat

i forgot to add.. since there will be no trans why not make rogue have a new version of plagiarism that wont make the copied skill be removed when hit like reproduce(active skill then when used copy a skill when hit and when deactivated can not copy and remove the old skill copied)? hehe

Cyan Hijirikawa

Quote from: huwaat on Dec 27, 2016, 11:07 AM
i forgot to add.. since there will be no trans why not make rogue...

We're not focusing too much on 2-2 right now, but yes there will be plans for that in the near future, for now we're mostly focusing on the 1-1 aspect since we have tweaked exp tables, players will stay 1-1 for a longer time.

The "regular" RO knowledge and how to level will not be applied here. Again, re-explore RO.

Cyan Hijirikawa

Well I had some time and put some kind of washed-up random video of the current progress.

So far we've managed to finish the initial novice area, tutorial area and some quest npcs and such.

Click me for the video~

NOTE:
We are currently looking for CONTENT CREATORS [ those who can come up with great story-lines, quests and dialogue ]

Cyan Hijirikawa

A little bump with our latest addition and one of the features I had fun the most creating, aside from the concert as well as the tutorial stages.

Love Live Gachapon System

[ UR ] Cards

[ SSR ] Cards

[ SR ] Cards

[ R ] Cards

Note: These cards can only be placed inside a costume headgear

These cards can be slotted into Upper, Middle, Lower costume headgears
Upper Headgear has [2]
Middle Headgear has [2]
Lower Headgear has [1]

Gachapon Draw System

One Draw - 2,500z + 1 Instance Points
Ten Draws - 25,000z + 9 Instance Points

How to gain Instance Points

Finishing one Instance grants 1~3 Instance Points depending on difficulty

And here's the video~

Note: The cutins are not finished yet, the rewards are not set yet, and the cards themselves are not available yet, however the system to distribute them and how to implement them is already working 100%

Another note: This is not a "donate" exclusive feature as you can see, nor will it ever become a "cash-cow" feature of the server.

Click me for le video~

Cyan Hijirikawa

Cyan Hijirikawa

Our first ever map trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7EPBNGDwlI

Next week we'll be releasing a trailer about the different systems and stuff we've managed to come up in the project, so stay tuned!

Ridley

Your server will probably the first pre-renewal server I check since several years.

pre-re server need to impress with custom content in order to stand out from the crowd. So far it looks quite interesting + i love to play around with sound files and bgms, even did some custom bgms on my own and remade some sound effect, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Cyan Hijirikawa

Quote from: Didley on Feb 04, 2017, 03:31 AM
Your server will probably the first pre-renewal server I check since several years.

pre-re server need to impress with custom content in order to stand out from the crowd. So far it looks quite interesting + i love to play around with sound files and bgms, even did some custom bgms on my own and remade some sound effect, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Thanks for the support. We're really trying our best to implement some major changes and especially how it plays out. We'll have a features preview video soon, so please watch out for it.

It'll showcase the following

• Town Portal Scroll Feature
  • Album Collection Feature
  • Quest Board Feature
  • Stand-alone Quests Feature
  • LoveLive Card Collection Feature
  • LoveLive Card Synthesize Feature
  • LoveLive Card Trading Feature
  • LoveLive Card Quest Feature [ Works like trading in Pokemon ]
  • and more!

Cyan Hijirikawa

We have finally listed our server onto RMS and the team is beginning to prepare for our first ever official beta.

The beta will last for about a month and all progress during the beta period will be wiped.

However, to give appreciation to the players who play and test with us, we will have special awards prepared for you all.

We will formally post our server advertisement thread soon, so please watch out for it.

Also, this coming Monday, we will be showcasing our features video, hopefully, it will be to everyone's delight.

-----

RMS Listing: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=19415&itv=6&url_sname=MIDICity%20Ragnarok%20Online

-----

Thank you for the support, and please give us a try. --- We are not your typical cookie-cutter server~

-----

UPDATE:

- We have finally finished our Album Collection System together with a Repeatable Quest system.
- Together with that, we have enabled some Quality of Life NPCs as well as items to help you, as follows:

• Party Megaphone
  • Market Megaphone
  • Town Portal Scroll - Diablo2 Reference
  • Features Controller
  • and more

Also, here is a new and updated version of the skill changes we are planning to provide!

Skill Reworks: http://pastebin.com/D1UKW38k

ALSO! For those who love to PVP and DUEL and whatnot, we have also prepared a very special stage for you!

A custom map brought to you by none other than Chemii! Duel it out it in an arena, modelled after a certain battle arena from Tree of Savior!

Hopefully, you guys can give us a shot. Again, this is your non-conventional Ragnarok Online, so please, do not expect to see anything familiar aside from the first instance you'll be brought into~

Cheppo

Wowzer, I'm super excited to play your server.

It says y'all are geared towards RPers too? c: What kind of goodies are made for that?
Any plotlines, etc?

I have a bit of trouble DLing, is there a way to become a beta player? Ha~

Cyan Hijirikawa

Quote from: Cheppo on Feb 11, 2017, 07:20 PM
Wowzer, I'm super excited to play your server.

It says y'all are geared towards RPers too? c: What kind of goodies are made for that?
Any plotlines, etc?

I have a bit of trouble DLing, is there a way to become a beta player? Ha~

A lot! The features are geared towards party playing, story-line exploration and much more! Plot lines are very emphasized upon the first instance and I am pretty sure it can easily be connected to your previous RO experiences.

As for downloads, links are still down and we have not distributed the new installer yet. We'll soon inform you guys of our progress, in the meantime, I'd like to invite you over to our Discord channel for more information.

Discord: https://discord.gg/vuRh5Ee