A few server ideas I'm unsure about, LF feedback

Started by kanemi, Jun 14, 2017, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinzer

gear switching is pretty crucial in vanilla, it's half of the tech skill in the game

it's always great to see the children trying to be all grown up and find solutions to the problems in the world, makes me almost feel bad for not paying attention to my project in the past 3 months

almost

Blinzer

Quote from: Kris on Jun 17, 2017, 07:48 PM
Good ideas but you can't really change the pre-existing meta of an outdated decade old 2D mmorpg unless you add custom gear and cards, which I've never seen a server do right. Every server that has implemented custom gear/cards have always ended up with imbalanced classes

that's cute

Kris

2k21 Return

Blinzer

kanemi

Quote from: Kris on Jun 17, 2017, 07:48 PM
Good ideas but you can't really change the pre-existing meta of an outdated decade old 2D mmorpg unless you add custom gear and cards, which I've never seen a server do right. Every server that has implemented custom gear/cards have always ended up with imbalanced classes

My best efforts will aim at at least giving each class an interesting role in WoE. I mean, extended classes are kind of hard to do that with I think, but for the rest? We'll have to see I guess.  It doesn't necessarily have to be perfect. If Snipers are more in demand than LKs for example, that's perfectly fine. There's really no way around it, and there should be a strategy to picking your classes too. Also Acid Demo is supposedly broken as s*** anyways on official-like servers, so, can't be worse than that can it?