10 years old baby!

Started by Pandora, Oct 15, 2015, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandora

I haven't been to this forum in a long time, I bet few people remember me. I felt the need to share, today my server turns 10 years old, that's not something you see everyday!

Myself and another GM back in 2005, welcoming our first 3 players:

And here today, 10 years later, gathering players for an event:

We never know where a small project might take us!

/lv ^^
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Bue

Are you guys still running on eAthena with an old XRay client? I am asking for a friend. O:

Pandora

For the emulator we started out with eAthena and had that for many years, but we're on Hercules now.

As for client, we had an xray client for most years, but we switched to a lua client now.

We never made any wipe!
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

Bue

Now that is impressive. Good job guys. Q:

yC

Congrats to the effort and this 10 years old baby.  Your server is older than RMS, by 2 months or so.  We started near mid December 2005 as far as I can remember.  With a server id of 793, heRO definitely is one of the oldest server listed that is still keeping an active listing.  Good job and keep up the good work.   How we all wish servers these days could have even 10% of the dedication.

Terpsichore

That was quite the experience and unique of its kind, as nothing of the sort will happen again.

Yuzo

congrats on 10 years guys

lynecruxia

Quote from: yC on Oct 15, 2015, 06:18 PM
Congrats to the effort and this 10 years old baby.  Your server is older than RMS, by 2 months or so.  We started near mid December 2005 as far as I can remember.  With a server id of 793, heRO definitely is one of the oldest server listed that is still keeping an active listing.  Good job and keep up the good work.   How we all wish servers these days could have even 10% of the dedication.

This server was only able to keep 10 years because the owner just plain love the server, I doubt the server is getting any income at all(I speculate at this one tho, maybe they have slight income but I really don't think so) so I don't think there's any reason at all to keep the server up(most servers I know shutdown/close because of this reason). I really admire Pandora and the rest of her crew because of this. That kind of passion to keep a server running even when the population is declining/no income at all, they really work so hard on making new content for us. On top of that the content is pretty damn good(imo) and the scripting is not half-assed at all, all their code is pretty much the cleanest ones I have seen on a server and the server features are really unique(Double-Wing effect, Backpack, Custom monsters/gear, Instance Dungeons, Etc) that they stand out so much from the rest of the servers that I have played.

I do not understand why heRO players became so few for a server this good(imo), It was either the server just became boring or people don't like low-rate nowadays. I love this server so much, thank you heRO for 10 years of hard work and dedication. I appreciate everything this server has done for us.

DeePee

Very impressive! :) Are there even any servers alive out there that are older than heRO?

Gene

Quote from: DeePee on Oct 16, 2015, 01:41 AM
Very impressive! :) Are there even any servers alive out there that are older than heRO?

DarkRO Force, I think they're on their way to 11 years, a high rate server though.

topic: Grats on 10 years! It's always a dream for low rate players to have a long lasting server.

Pandora

Truth be told we get some donations each month, but they don't cover the server costs.

I think only Xenophase and TalonRO are close to our age, not sure on either one's exact opening date.

Thanks everyone ^_^

Remmi

Wow. That is just... amazing. More power to your server for keeping it alive this long!  /no1

Menchiballs

Wow!! Congratulations! Time sure flies when you're having fun, huh?
I remember seeing HeRO around the time that I discovered RMS, early 2008. It really warms my heart to see you guys still going strong.

wpcarlos

Wow man... It basically guarantees my time won't be wasted. I'll be sure to check this out when I go back to RO.

annaquin

Hi pandora long time no see from eathena :D

metro

Congrats!
Don't forget LimitRO :P Pretty old as well :D

Neffletics

Congratulations! I used to play in your server when I was young lol (I've also played Ragnarok Frontier Xenophase and TalonRO) The best LR servers I've been. Keep it up!
solacero rip

ragnakid

Congrats!  /no1
my server now is 2 months old so i have a long way to go for 10 years (2025) i cant imagine lol /heh /heh
this will be my motivation thank you sir!  /kis2