[Pre-Renewal] midrate server question

Started by Chacola, Dec 15, 2014, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chacola

I wanted to ask if 30x30x15x with mvp 5x (drop/card) rates would be to low for a midrate server? I have not seen any with this rates so far and I am also curious if midrate player would play on a server without a buffer/healer? I would also not add a job changer, make the first jobquest free in the novice grounds and give people a chance to decide if they want to do the following jobquest or not and give some supplies if they do it. thanks for any answer  /no1

Bue

You make and manage a server how you like it.

Then you decide whether or not you're doing the right thing.

Trust me, I started a similar thread a long time ago.

Everyone here will fucking lie to you.

NovaRagnarok

If you're an aspiring server owner, I recommend you make your own decisions and stick to them. If you wish for help, ask your close friends or your GM team, but asking the community about things like these is never a good idea in my opinion, as everyone has different ideas of what "the perfect server" really is.

I rely a lot on my GM team to make tough decisions, and they're usually frustrated by the end of the day because I'll just do whatever the hell I want to do. If you don't have a set idea of what you want, you'll waste a lot of time doing things and then reverting them.

On the job changer, it's 2014. I don't think anyone who still plays RO really wants to do the job change quest for the 50th time again.

Peanut

5x is not that Low it's up To the owner To Balance the Economy.
As the 2 others above already it's pointless
to ask the Community.

Rider

It doesn't really work in the present day. It might have worked in the past but you cannot find a perfect balance of MR and LR community, you'll just end up trying to hear both sides and piss them off eventually. The lowest most MR players would go for is 50~75x and the highest LR players would go will be 15~20x. A MR server with LR setting wont work the same way a LR server doesn't work with MR features in it. Both server types have established themselves over the years and have their differences.

Like the others have pointed out, you may ask for opinions from people who have seen it all but mostly just go with your gut and do what you think is best.