[Non-Renewal] What free items you wish to have in a server?

Started by brainnysmurfs, May 13, 2013, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brainnysmurfs

Hi,

Lots of player seeking server wanted to have a freebies before they start a game. My question is, what specific items you are expecting in a freebie?

Exceptions are God Items such as Mjolnir, Megingjard, Sleipnir, and Aesprika.

keens

Hello brainnysmurfs,

Zeny, Basic Equipment and probably some helpful Headgear is a good start. This is in my opinion a personal preference. Some people would want a wing, a dopple card, and some other good starting reward. Hope this helps.
This world is very big and there are many, many challenges the world is grappling with.

Come join KeenRO: here

Fruit Pie~

250k, a Fish in Mouth, a Pike with four race cards and enough endow scrolls to get me to max level.

But then again I'm a weird person with weird priorities! What kind of server are we even talking about, here? LR, MR, HR, SHR?

SukiChii

Incredible

Depends on the rates if it's a low rate. To make life easier I'll go with some Zeny, basic equipment, Kafra card, and Buff scrolls.
[color=red]V-Network[/color]

Kensei

Tell me about your server first. Rates, max level, anything.

I'd say 100k zenny fixes most of the case, but for LR they might think it's too much, yet for SHR it's barely noticeable amount of zenny.

Latin

Dont give zeny. That's like promoting inflation.
Maybe, give some so-so hp/sp item recovery which is char bound with no weight.

SukiChii

Inflation, what?
It doesn't have to be a massive amount of zeny, just enough to get people started with NPC gears or something, plus some supplies.

Latin

Kinda better to give a mediocre NPC gears instead, then. Giving zeny is kinda abusable.

Fruit Pie~

So you give them mediocre NPC gears, which they then can sell for zeny.

Okay.

Kensei

Quote from: Latin on May 14, 2013, 02:35 PM
Kinda better to give a mediocre NPC gears instead, then. Giving zeny is kinda abusable.

Yeah sure I'll give an Acolyte a Chain Mail ಠ__ಠ

Adjust the amount of zenny to be fair enough depends on the server. If you want to prevent abuse, give some delay on deleting character, or make it so that people can't delete the character before it reaches certain level. This will at least make them think, spam character and level it until deletion requirement, or just farm normally and get more zenny.

Bue

Freebies are generally a bad idea since it is easily abuse-able, otherwise it is better to give starter items that have little value.

Triper

But you can limit them with char/account locks, trade blockage and the usage of variables at the npc. How is that abusable if someone makes use of that?

Latin

Eh, actually the OP should state whether it's a low/mid/high/super high rate. Different type of server have different focus on freebies.

Atchiro

Nekoruchii

Quote from: Latin on May 16, 2013, 08:15 AM
Eh, actually the OP should state whether it's a low/mid/high/super high rate. Different type of server have different focus on freebies.

^ This.

Quote from: Triper on May 16, 2013, 07:22 AM
But you can limit them with char/account locks, trade blockage and the usage of variables at the npc. How is that abusable if someone makes use of that?

Maybe those who multi client? Idk.

--

Low - Mid: Maybe some some cute (w/o additional/OP status, mostly just for fashion) with matching field manual, zeny (100k).

High - Super High: Man, my mindset is only for low/mid. But, as far as what I am seeing in other HR/SHRs maybe a complete diablos/valk set or +10 of those then some boss cards, Tao Gunka and etc, it depends on what you are promoting in your server on a HR/SHR basis.

Well... that's in my view anyways lol

Yukino

For the lower rates, you probably wouldn't provide much or any freebies at all. For the higher rates (HR and especially SHR), Zeny may be provided as well as some starter custom to attract players (but they better not be overpowering - just for looks and levelling up basically). Giving too many things for lower rates may affect balance and economy whereas the higher rates may not be impacted as heavily - that is one of the reasons for the difference in consideration. Basically, some players don't expect to get many things free when they play on LR/MR servers, but expect some things for HR/SHR. That's just one of the trends I notice.

(I don't think it's a good idea to provide any cards personally for any rates, even if it's a HR/SHR server. Also, if you do consider giving Zeny for lower rates, don't give as much - just give enough to start off... like 5k or something. Players find their way with the default being 0 Zeny anyways.)
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Forbiddenz

This is pretty vague as a question,
Like what kind of free items? Isn't all the items that you gain from monster & quests are also free? xD
Considering all you need to do is just grind them all  /pif

But if we're talking about NEWBIE item packs,
Best suitable one would be EXP Bonus items, and to avoid people getting bored from walking here there and everywhere, having some freebies for movement speed bonus would be a nice one (assuming you don't have @warp/go commands) since it doesn't impact much on the balance of the gameplay...
It just make people save time  /heh