WoE vids.

Started by fluidin, Jun 23, 2008, 05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluidin

As topic. To showcase some of the best (in terms of action) WoE videos ever made, at least IMO.

Guild made Videos
http://vimeo.com/1393298   [Best viewed in HD + fullscreen mode]

http://vimeo.com/1434272

The above vids showcase one of the most disciplined and efficient guilds I have ever encountered. I really hope you can learn something of WoE tactics from them.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

blackgh05t

I respect your opinion, so please don't take offense to mine. :]

[ First Video ]
Within the first 30 seconds of the first video, its apparent that the maker(s) did not keep in mind that YouTube simply destroys the quality of uploaded videos. 

As hard as they tried to stick to the beat of the music, transitions are lacking.  Even though not zooming in on the action is an attempt to keep things broad, the audience's eyes wander between transitions.  Once the next frame shows a new scenario, the eyes must scramble back to the center [ where most RO player's eyes go ] or to the brightest colors [ usually the LoV cast ].  The mind is in a state of confusion and comprehending whats is going on is nearly impossible.

BSS sequence @ 1:44 was nice. Before that, a straight wipe to black rather than a fade would have been better with the song.  Camera pan would have been nice if you hadn't spun the view in your client.

Too many camera cuts in the last minute.
Couldn't figure out what was going on.

*I think you meant "To be continueD..." Its okay.  I know how much of a pain it is to re-render a video just for that one thing. ><

Zooming and camera pan would have made that a lot more exciting.

[ Second Video ]

Instead of using so many fade to blacks, you should instead try using slow cross fades.  They're a godsend. =o

@43 seconds with the heavy drum beat, it would have been nice to zoom + slow on that Aid Cond Pot action going on.

You chose epic music, but your camera work is so static! Zoom! :P

I don't really understand the re-occuring Aid Cond Pot theme. :|

AHA! @ 1:28 it shows that you really DO know how to zoom! Well placed.  Use it more. Perhaps faster in that segment.

From the looks of it, you're on a GM account.  It would probably be a good idea if you made yourself a "sub-GM" account or something where damage will not be shown, but you still have @hide, @warp, @jumpto and things of that sort. I can see that once effects start going off, the damage only adds to your lag. Plus, since you sped up the video, its not like we care about the damage anyway.

Music change @ 2:33 ( or before ) came strange. Music faded, then video finally faded.  If anything, you should have stuck with the emp breaking scene instead of cutting your shot to another one.  The same musical phrase continues through it and gives a strange feeling.

With all the damage on screen, I can't see how either guild is approaching the emp!  As a fellow RO player ( your target audience ) its important to showcase how each guild defends / breaks an emp.  It should be seen the effort on each side.  At the moment, all I see are lots of numbers, and people running in the direction of them. :|

3:08 cross fade should have started earlier.

3:40 nice cross fade.

Around 3:45, that great choir finally kicks in! and you cut scene? =o What a shame. :[

4:42 its strange to see people disappear of to the bottom right of your screen. 

5:02 So many cuts, not sure whats going on most of the time...

5:04 Had to watch this segment twice to see why you put it in there.  Finally saw the stalker in the bottom right.  Zoom would have done wonders.

BuDeBuSha ending was lacking and quite anti-climatic.

[ Video Three ]

5 seconds in, and I'm skeptical about the music.

The party window is also very distracting...

Good use of a vertical side wipe @ 33 seconds.

Perhaps a gradual zoom in ( ever so slightly ) would have :45 - 1:07 a little more exciting.  The whole left side of the screen wasn't too exciting.

Music grew on me tbh.  It gives your video a clean feel.  You break, defend, and everything in between with grace to this type of music! :P Static camera is fine to a point with the music, doesn't hurt to zoom every now and then.

I enjoyed this one.

[ Video Four ]

Fade in of the top and bottom black areas made no sense to me.  Should have started with them already there.

Good choice of font. Iffy on the glow effect.

Words in the top and bottom areas are fine stationary, but words in the foreground should have some small amount of movement.  Background shouldn't have been faded that much.

:55 - :58 shows the first use of cookie cutters! Nice job.

:58 Very very nice cut to word. Chills. :]

1:00 good pan. 

Black fade is again too much @ 1:10

1:17 Good choice to put these reviews / congratulatory remarks here.

1:20 Whoaaa.  Getting out of hand with those cookie cutters. :P

1:32 words should have kept moving in their respective directions.

Credits : OUCH! You used Premiere 2.0 for this?!  I feel for you. :P

This one was nice, and well worth the watch.  Beginning was good, but was so-so as it moved on.

Thanks for the posts.  Pass along my messages to those who wanted constructive criticism.

/signed
Enchant Deadly Paul
Video-grapher and Guildmaster of blAckLisTeD
eos
Est. 2008

fluidin

Hahas, yeah. Thanks for the opinion. I believe the choice between a broad screen which shows the no. of players in the castle and a clean cut but limited scene was a difficult one for the video maker as well. The first video was taken and uploaded two years plus ago, I think. The best choice then was obviously YouTube. When Vimeo and Veoh were still fairly new to the scene/ an enigma.

About people running all over the screen on the second vid, those are speed pots getting spammed :/ Thus the chasing around.

Errr, just to clarify, by best, I meant in terms of action, not editing. I do have high standards for editing as well...
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

AlviN

wow man those vids really worth watching, its i like i want to join those servers...  ;D
pack that sheet!

fluidin

BUMP for new 2nd vid. Try to learn from that guild. The best opponents I have ever had the chance to fight against.

Bimbal

sux

high rate & edited server. I hate server where everyone have maya purple ( wpe? lol), destabilizes completely. Only for newbies

try this in a low/mid rate, without custom itens.

;)

LinkXT

Well the first video quality suckd. However liked the second one huge guild.

fluidin

LOL. It's not high rate. 99/70, max stat 99, kRO/eRO based. NO IMBALANCED CUSTOM ITEMS. The worst is probably a hat which adds 3 to all stats, and no one wears it, because FB >>> anything else in WoE, harhar.

The reason why there is so much pwnage in the video? Because those were mostly official server veterans who know how to actually own in the game.

Not everyone has MP card. The server has MP card for rent, however only 3 are available at all times. I think there are ~2-3 MP cards which were hunted off 0.01% drop rates. Yes, x1 MVP drop rates.

And, I suspect some people do use WPE. It's a shame, but.

Bimbal

LOL. It's not high rate. 99/70, max stat 99, kRO/eRO based.

lol

1k/1k rate IS VERY HIGH RATE LOL.

NO IMBALANCED CUSTOM ITEMS. The worst is probably a hat which adds 3 to all stats, and no one wears it, because FB >>> anything else in WoE, harhar.

:'(

The reason why there is so much pwnage in the video?

lol, pwnage? baby level please.

Not everyone has MP card. The server has MP card for rent

LOL

I stopped here. maya purple for rent, roflmao. like paytopwn

fluidin

Oh. I thought you meant high rates as in 255/120 or something. Yeah, what's wrong with a pure PvP/WoE server with high rates? I'm sick of 6/6/4 rates. I want to play WoE at the highest level, where resources aren't a problem, and the things that matter are skill and strategy. (BTW, no, 1k rates isn't VERY high. What a fool.)

+3 to all stats isn't imbalanced. Really. If you think a donation headgear with no slots and adds 3 to all stats is imbalanced, I have nothing to say. Useful, yes. Not imbalanced. Like I said, FB >>> that hat. You might as well be saying that FB is imbalanced.

baby level? LOL. I am so convinced you are talking sh*t now. lol, just lol. Now show me your video full of epic action please. Someone who knows what he/she's talking about will never say this WoE is at baby level. I doubt you're even aware of the strategies used, the almost perfect job composition, the amount of resources being burned.

Pay to pwn? Stupid fool. The server has many working adults playing, and the donations keep the server alive and kicking. Take note ALL active WoE guilds have people renting stuff and donating, so that actually comes out balanced in the end. No such thing as paytopwn. More like pay to be on equal ground.