RO Credentials (ROCred), v1.7.1 - last updated 2013/12/23

Started by themon, Feb 01, 2014, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themon

RO Credentials

About
    Simple and tiny client launcher+login. Has no prerequisites and runs on all Windows versions.
    Download
    binary, reference source
    QA

Is it customizable?
    Yes.
    How?
    With resource editing tools, such as ResourceHacker. All text and icons can be customized. Settings can be edited in an INI file (included).
    What is "reference source"?
    You cannot compile it (unless you provide the missing components), but see what functionality the latest binary contains.
    I want it to be xyz.exe, but it does not read the INI file. Why?
    You have to match the INI name to the EXE name.
    [/list][/list]
    Code (auto:0) Select
    rocred.exe -> rocred.ini
    mytest.exe -> mytest.ini

How can I embed an INI file into the EXE?
    Make the INI file meet requirements for being read, then use the /embed command line switch:
    Code (auto_linen:0) Select
    rocred.exe /embed
    How do I use background skinning?
    Create a file named bgskin.bmp (magenta (#ff00ff) is considered transparent). You can also embed the file as BITMAP resource with the name BGSKIN. Window size is adjusted to the bitmap size, position of controls must be set in the INI. Buttons can be skinned as well, see the INI for names.

Can I add custom buttons, if so, how many?
    Yes, see the INI template for details. There is no defined limit on how many, the only constraints are available memory, GDI resources and INI size limit on some platforms. By the way, custom buttons can be skinned as well.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

Credit to Ai4rei