RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: desu.grf  (Read 9165 times)

Offline Zexeya

Re: desu.grf
« Reply #30 on: Aug 30, 2018, 12:28 PM »
I have no idea how things work in a Re:start server. Assuming that they do work the same as any other server, everything should go smooth (changing priorities in the data.ini, files can be merged in the data.grf etc). Unless they've done something to the client that sets the server grf as the hard priority, then you'll be limited to map and mob changes (lua files won't work). Again, I have no idea on restart servers, nor do I take interest on playing in one. There are some servers I played that have no data.ini or forces clients to read a default grf but they can be bypassed by hexing and other methods.
I am not using a data.ini file or anything.  I extracted the file from data.grf, edited it and put it back in the grf. It just isn't changing anything when i do this.  There are multiple files:

The bottom highlighted one looks like the one from your tutorial, so i edited it accordingly, put the sprites i wanted to use in(just larger versions of originals that i magnified the act file on) put it back in the grf and saved it.  Nothing changes.  I even tried basic stuff like turning a poring into other things and nothing worked.

The other files all come up as gibberish in notepad and can't really be edited.

Advertisement

Offline meaman654

« Reply #31 on: Sep 02, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Usually, the jobname file that's being used by a server is in the servername.grf (Example: YrvineRO.grf) not in the data.grf. If it is different, and by that I mean not the usual thing in pre-re where the data.grf and server.grf are visible in the RO folder, then you have to see things on your own.  I skimmed through some Revo Classic threads in rAthena and I think they might have something to help you with.

Knowing that you see "gibberish" means the files are encrypted. You can't really edit lua files when they're like that. You need to decrypt them.

On another note, if there is only the data.grf... Try merging desu.grf in to the data.grf and see the results in game (You're gonna encounter errors for sure but hey, that's a good thing) Don't forget to back the data.grf file.

Offline arolayon09

« Reply #32 on: Sep 07, 2018, 01:32 AM »
Hi! i can't seem to  download the grf. is the site broken? thanks in advance!

Offline meaman654

« Reply #33 on: Sep 07, 2018, 06:22 AM »
Unless mediafire is down.... But as of this post, it's up.

Offline 0000

« Reply #34 on: Sep 12, 2018, 09:40 PM »
is the bio3 sprite edit works on official servers such as iRO?

Offline meaman654

« Reply #35 on: Sep 12, 2018, 11:19 PM »
is the bio3 sprite edit works on official servers such as iRO?

Someone PM'd me about it. He got the grf worked in an official server. Though you'd have to do other stuff to get it to work.

Just to be clear, I don't play in official servers nowadays. So I don't really have much grounds on how the grf is gonna play out in an official server.