desu.grf

Started by meaman654, Apr 07, 2018, 04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexeya

Quote from: meaman654 on Aug 21, 2018, 09:58 AM
I have no idea how things work in a Re:start server. Assuming that they do work the same as any other server, everything should go smooth (changing priorities in the data.ini, files can be merged in the data.grf etc). Unless they've done something to the client that sets the server grf as the hard priority, then you'll be limited to map and mob changes (lua files won't work). Again, I have no idea on restart servers, nor do I take interest on playing in one. There are some servers I played that have no data.ini or forces clients to read a default grf but they can be bypassed by hexing and other methods.
I am not using a data.ini file or anything.  I extracted the file from data.grf, edited it and put it back in the grf. It just isn't changing anything when i do this.  There are multiple files:

The bottom highlighted one looks like the one from your tutorial, so i edited it accordingly, put the sprites i wanted to use in(just larger versions of originals that i magnified the act file on) put it back in the grf and saved it.  Nothing changes.  I even tried basic stuff like turning a poring into other things and nothing worked.

The other files all come up as gibberish in notepad and can't really be edited.

meaman654

Usually, the jobname file that's being used by a server is in the servername.grf (Example: YrvineRO.grf) not in the data.grf. If it is different, and by that I mean not the usual thing in pre-re where the data.grf and server.grf are visible in the RO folder, then you have to see things on your own.  I skimmed through some Revo Classic threads in rAthena and I think they might have something to help you with.

Knowing that you see "gibberish" means the files are encrypted. You can't really edit lua files when they're like that. You need to decrypt them.

On another note, if there is only the data.grf... Try merging desu.grf in to the data.grf and see the results in game (You're gonna encounter errors for sure but hey, that's a good thing) Don't forget to back the data.grf file.

arolayon09

Hi! i can't seem to  download the grf. is the site broken? thanks in advance!

meaman654

Unless mediafire is down.... But as of this post, it's up.

is the bio3 sprite edit works on official servers such as iRO?

meaman654

Quote from: 0000 on Sep 12, 2018, 09:40 PM
is the bio3 sprite edit works on official servers such as iRO?

Someone PM'd me about it. He got the grf worked in an official server. Though you'd have to do other stuff to get it to work.

Just to be clear, I don't play in official servers nowadays. So I don't really have much grounds on how the grf is gonna play out in an official server.

akfgkort

Hi!

This is really good. Can I use this in LimitRO? There is no Data.ini in the client though. I tried merging the grf with data.grf but still no effect.

Can you help me please? /sob

meaman654

Quote from: akfgkort on Oct 10, 2018, 02:11 PM
Hi!

This is really good. Can I use this in LimitRO? There is no Data.ini in the client though. I tried merging the grf with data.grf but still no effect.

Can you help me please? /sob

It's probably because they have a gepard.grf which is (should I say) incorporated in the client. Regardless of the presence/absence of a data.ini file (gepard.grf will not be listed there), the file reading will automatically make gepard.grf as:
0=gepard.grf
1=xxx.grf
2=yyy.grf
3=zzz.grf

This is to prevent grf modifications. I saw this a while back in a WoE server. It's to prevent enlargement of essential characters like Clowns and Snipers etc. (titan.grf) for easy target. Though recently, mobs, lua file and etc. have been included. Your server admin probably payed for a package that disables mob modifications.

Even if you did "succeeded" in modifying, you'll encounter an error once you encounter the edited mob in game :

Although there are still modifications that will still work i.e the aesthetics (effects and custom bars). You can see that there are still some mobs that are not listed/modified (Skeggies/Devilling/Angeling etc). It's because they're still not included in the gepard.grf yet... They will be added soon I guess.
Spoiler
I bet Functor got lazy in making this (inb4 he uses the entire data.grf in to the gepard.grf)
[close]

A screenshot courtesy of someone under a server that has a gepard.grf

Nothing we can do about it, for now. What you can do is ask Lai to enable grf mods.

menudo1230

do you have any tutorial in editing emperium? thanks

meaman654

Quote from: menudo1230 on Apr 24, 2020, 01:10 PM
do you have any tutorial in editing emperium? thanks

Emperium or any other s*** related to WOE is none of my expertise. The topic at hand is also unrelated to your question since Desu is mainly a PVM grf. I've already answered a closely similar question in this thread. But for what it's worth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbMaPDtGJHE

Good luck making it work on a server that has gepard.

Updated the first post FAQ part. Please read the FAQ.

Also, thanks for nothing Kolby. You PM'd me about my thread getting bumped while you could have replied to it by your self.

P.S. "Unrelated" matters in the first post pertain to "do you have working AHK on X server?" "You have xrag?" "You have cheat tools?"
Server invitations are okay. But sending your s*** grf and sprites and stupid edits that make me laugh because we have the same autism is MOST welcomed.

Kolby

Quote from: meaman654 on Apr 25, 2020, 12:10 AM
Emperium or any other s*** related to WOE is none of my expertise. The topic at hand is also unrelated to your question since Desu is mainly a PVM grf. I've already answered a closely similar question in this thread. But for what it's worth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbMaPDtGJHE

Also, thanks for nothing Kolby. You PM'd me about my thread getting bumped while you could have replied to it by your self.

P.S. "Unrelated" matters in the first post pertain to "do you have working AHK on X server?" "You have xrag?" "You have cheat tools?"
Server invitations are okay. But sending your s*** grf and sprites and stupid edits that make me laugh because we have the same autism is MOST welcomed.

desu.grf are for weebs 
Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

mosmos1131

Quote from: meaman654 on Apr 25, 2020, 12:10 AM

hello, i'm new to this grf editing stuff - i've been tring to follow your instructions but everytime i try to extract jobname.lub and open it with a note pad, the file seems corrupt.
also using grf editor, it prompts for a key and the filename are colored yellowish - I'm thinking that the .grf files could be encrypted? But I have asked the GMs from the game and they said it was allowed and i've seen few people targeting biolab MVP easily so they must be using it somehow.

I have tried looking at both server.grf and data.grf, they both seem encrypted. Does that mean I can't do any of these awesome stuff at all?

I'm playing this server by the way: http://blackout-ro.net/

Thanks so much!

mosmos1131

actually, i just got it to work without the lub file.

The problem is that i need the LHZ update for the Biolab MVPs, I need to be able to see them clearly and click fast.

When i open my jobname.lub file it's not similar to the instructions and i can't seem to figure where to add MVP here.

mosmos1131

This has been fixed by merging desu.grf to the server.grf, thanks alot for helping me via discord!

meaman654

Quote from: mosmos1131 on Apr 27, 2020, 03:47 AM
This has been fixed by merging desu.grf to the server.grf, thanks alot for helping me via discord!

No problem.

Quote from: Kolby on Apr 25, 2020, 08:05 AM
desu.grf are for weebs 

Implying he's not a weeb himself.