Custom Animated Sprite

Started by LionheartJamie, Jul 02, 2017, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LionheartJamie

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or if I am asking a duplicated question (I don't really use forums that much).

I am curious as to how you compile 10-15 images (a gif basically) into a sprite file for a custom sprite? For example I have a static sprite which I have animated myself, I can put it into a GIFmaker and it creates a perfect animated sprite. Just wondering how to convert this into a sprite file for ragnarok, and if there is any particular format of the images which must be followed, or if there is anything i need to watch out for which can make the sprite bugged or make it crash the map.

Thank you very much,
Regards,
Jamie.

Zereges

You probably need raw frames as images, pack it into SPR format and animate that into ACT format (both can be done using Act Editor)
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

LionheartJamie

Well I have frames, which are all single images in each frame movement, there are 6 in total, when put into a GIF it works fine. But I am unsure how to put all of these single images into a sprite file. I have tried using SPR conview, putting all of the images listed from 1-6 into the 'Bitmaps' section, but when i try and convert it into a SPR file it gives the message : Bad Bitmap, BMP file must be uncompressed, in 256 color format.

Sorry if these are ridiculous questions btw its been years since i went near anything like this and i cant remember anything.

Thanks.