Started by stealthx, Apr 25, 2009, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stealthx

CLICK HERE FOR PAST WORKS / EXAMPLES

Request Template
Server Name: InfatuationRO
Tagline: Rendering Passions
Render: You need to provide a render
Colour Scheme: If you give vivid ones like Dark/Light with no secondary colour, I will just use black and white or colours from the render, depending on my mood.
Font: Name of font, or style you would want. (Cursive, medieval, serif, etc)
Size of banner: 468x60 is the topsites default, but you can request otherwise.
Others: If you would like a web graphic, or interface graphic, inform me before hand.
Border: Border or no border? Do you require a thick border? Or a standard one?

How to choose a render?

Basically, this really depends on the size of your requested graphic. If you needed something like the default 468x80, it would be best if your graphic was horizontal-orientated & less detailed. What do i mean by that? I meant that for example, this was your render.
http://www.blogcdn.com/nintendo.joystiq.com/media/2007/07/ragnarok070407.jpg
it would be tough to cramp so many details into one small ad banner. On the contrary, if you require a huge, wallpaper sized graphic, you can choose to provide more than 1 matching render of course. That being said, happy render hunting! Remember to choose renders that fit your server's theme!

Additional notes

From now onwards, you will need 10 posts or more to request a banner/graphic.

I reserve the right to turn down any request at my own discretion. This normally occurs if you do not provide enough information for your request (as per my request format).

Cheers!

Relics

GFX section would've been more fitting for a topic like this

The banners look great though, good luck with your service ;o..

stealthx

Sorry for posting at a wrong section, JJJ could you move this >_>

Thanks.
Posted on: Apr 25, 2009, 02:21 pm
Added two new examples. Note the examples does not fully illustrate what I'm capable of. I'm definitely capable of better design, or worse, if I'm not in the correct mood, so catch me at the right time!

Zelos

Wow nice work. I'm informing the Admin of my server of this topic. Good luck ;)

SilverStream~

Remember that if you take a drawing from someone to put in your banners, you will have to ask the author of that drawing(or picture) for permission to use the image in your banner.

Also, you would have to talk to the gm about giving credit on their forum if you do get a yes to use the authors art.

You already have images in your banners that have been taken from other places, and I suspect you have not asked for permission for anyone of them.  The ones that are by gravity, are considered fanart.

To note you one this more spesific; If you don't do this, and still use drawings and images made by other people, you are breaking the law.

This is very important, as you are selling banners to servers, and not making them for personal use.

Also, if you are making a portfolio, it is very stupid to use other people's artwork in your banners, signatures, wallpapers etc.  It doesn't show your "skill" at all, it shows that you are somewhat good to make abstract artwork, and set the colors to match with a drawing.  Try making your own.  It might take much longer to make, but when it is 100% yours, and it looks good, then you will be much, much more proud and it will make your portfolio look much, much better.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

stealthx

I'm not making a profit doing all these banners. Speaking about legalities, it's wrong to modify the client to allow others to connect to a private server as well, because the client is Gravity's copyright trademark. Instead of trying to stir up trouble here, why not let us be mature and handle this via PM.

In view of your perspective, am I right to say every server? (which in a way released modified gravity files, or taught players how to modify files to connect to their server is violating copyright laws anyway) As i may repeat, it is a free service and not a profitable business.

SilverStream~

No, Gravity has already announced that they are in favor of private servers, they make their game popular and alot use private servers to test out new builds, gear, tactics, etc.

And it's not "in my perspective".  It's fact, you can even search it up on the internet.

Your banners, may be free of charge, but they are being used for servers who accept donations to keep their server alive.

If you make a banner and take someone's drawing and put it on, give it to a server which accepts donations(98% of all servers), then that banner is used to get donations.
Even if the banner looks like a third grader made it, it is being used in that context.

So you have to ask for permission.  If the author of the drawings were the creator of a game, or has a trademarked, patentet -something-(indicating a game, a brand, something like in that fashion) then you can create fan art of it.
If the author has not done so, and has made something that does no resemble any game, and is created by the authors imagination(for example), then you need to ask for permission, as it wouldn't be fan art, but ripping.

If you take the picture as a whole, it is also stealing if you don't ask for permission, or just use it without asking.

We just had a case where a serverFeelRO had taken an artists work, and used it on their website and server, without her permission.  Then, 1.5 years later she found out about it, and brought it up.  According to law, they were not allowed to have those pictures on their site, as the drawings were used on their website, and ingame to create a cute look and attract more players.  After alot of bickering from the gm's side, their "artist" traced the images, and created her own using the original artist's work as reference.  By doing that they were still breaking the law, seeing that they had not gotten permission to take and use, or copy her art.  I believe they are still using the modified art their artist traced, and created bad replicas of.

There are many laws, if it still sounds complicated, send me a pm.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shinn

QuoteNo, Gravity has already announced that they are in favor of private servers

source?

Regards.

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

Pow

Silverstream:

I'm going to say this once and once only: I would greatly appreciate it if you stop posting legal issues with peoples artwork in their threads of them trying to get people aware of their product. If you have an issue with people's artwork and/or the art contained in it, please PM them about it - do NOT use their threads as a way of attacking their legitimacy.

And before you fly off the handle and say that this wasn't your intention, I do realise this. But you yourself should know that once negative conversation starts up, nobody wants to touch that persons work.. Whether or not this went through your head, I have no idea - and to be frank, I don't care.

I don't want to see it again.

Stealthx:

Great work.

-Pow
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

EarlyRO

I think it's really nice of you to offer something like this for free, I'd love to see what you come up with ^^

Server Name: EarlyRO
Tagline: Classics Never Die!
Render/Color scheme: Sepia tone like old pictures or I pmed you a compilation of some images I like.
Font: Something easy to read but cute too, can be medieval or roundish letters.
Size of banner: 728x90
Others: If you can include the server rates thats cool (7/7/5) if not no problem.
Border: Standard border please.

Customless pre-trans low rate: EarlyRO - Opened March 6th 2009! - Join the good old days!
http://www.earlyro.com/

stealthx

I don't really work with sepia much, so this is what i came up with like 5min-ish. Didn't really like the outcome, but it's a first attempt on sepia afterall.

Descent

These banners are really well done.

Kudos.

Hutchy

EarlyRO

Thank you that is very pretty ^^ I will use it soon.

It seems no one else has taken you up on your offer? If you feel like it / have time / don't find me too annoying I could use a 468x60 type of banner too,can be non-sepia if you don't like that was just a suggestion ^^

Customless pre-trans low rate: EarlyRO - Opened March 6th 2009! - Join the good old days!
http://www.earlyro.com/

Rockafella

yC

is it possible .. to make one for rms? i need a banner too ><.

Zelos

I don't think he comes here anymore, yC. Although he's quite active on eAthena.

stealthx

Lol, I'm still here. If only RMS had more qualified resumes, I would be able to spend time doing something else, instead of working on the SVN all the time. :(

But yea yC, what do you need. It's been some time since I've been messing around with Photoshop. Special privilege for the lady i guess? Lawl.

PETER09

Server Name: OniRO
Tagline: Taking RO to the next level
Render/Color scheme: can you make a red and black version? http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-959
Font: Something like RoK's banner
Size of banner: 468x60
Border: Same as YouRO's banner

Server Name: Oni Ragnarok Online
Tagline: Taking RO to the next level
Render/Color scheme: red & black or green & black http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-22596
Font: Something like RoK's banner
Size of banner: 800x400
Border: something like YouRO's banner

Side note - our RO has barely any skill delay. It's a very fast paced server, so please go along the lines of that.

Notorious

Very impressive banners. I would ask for one, but I've got a friend who already did them for me.

profluj

Server Name: AvaniRO
Tagline: Avani Avian
Render/Color scheme: Yggdrasil green and brown.
Font: this :) http://www.dafont.com/the-king-queen-font.font
Size of banner: 468x60 and 728x90? If just one, either is fine.
Border: Normal Border.
http://saiphro.com/

I play on SaiphRO and I love it. Go to the website and check it out!

Lucian

profluj

>:D
Made a crappy banner, but it doesn't work for the website at all. Still want this guys awesome work!
http://saiphro.com/

I play on SaiphRO and I love it. Go to the website and check it out!

Tom~

Quotestealth
Last Active:   Sep 02, 2009, 05:54 am

I doubt he will make a banner for you, if he hasn't been on RMS for 4 months.

This thread should be closed, and if the OP ever comes back, re-opened (if he wants).

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

stealthx

Hoping to do more work. On an unrelated note:

PICHU FRENZY

Edit: Epic necro is epic.

yC

Wow long time no see.  Welcome back.

stealthx

Yep, a long time. Thanks! I see RMS has a much better looking forum theme too ^^

stealthx

Simple logo. Wish I could have added more detail. But simplicity is elegance? :P

Yukino

That's cute <3!
Do you do non-RO related logos?
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

stealthx

Humour me :)

I wouldn't mind giving it a try :P

stealthx

Another logo. This is not exactly an RO game logo, but I don't have another thread, so here it is!

stealthx

Added AvrisRO banner. The only reason why there is little fancy animation effects is because I wanted to keep the filesize minimal.  :D

Yukino

Really impressive work with your banners!

Oh yes (to continue from before), can you design an anime-related signature =D? Dark Saber from Fate/Stay Night ;D?

stealthx

Follow the request template, I'll see what I can do ;)

Yukino

Title: Yuki
Tagline: Midnight Melody
Render/Color scheme: Red & Black, I would like to use a render of "Dark Saber" from Fate/Stay Night series
Font: Cursive-like, just like the fonts you would use for story-telling in a sense
Size of banner: 430 x 100
Others: Just as a forum signature!
Border: A thin coloured border

Are you able to make a matching avatar as well (just based on the signature, similar to what I have currrently)?
Thanks for your time! You're awesome ;D.

stealthx

Quote from: Yukino on Nov 15, 2011, 02:12 AM
Title: Yuki
Tagline: Midnight Melody
Render/Color scheme: Red & Black, I would like to use a render of "Dark Saber" from Fate/Stay Night series
Font: Cursive-like, just like the fonts you would use for story-telling in a sense
Size of banner: 430 x 100
Others: Just as a forum signature!
Border: A thin coloured border

Are you able to make a matching avatar as well (just based on the signature, similar to what I have currrently)?
Thanks for your time! You're awesome ;D.

Would be good if you can provide a render. I tried looking up, there's a few anime characters with different looks. No idea which is Dark Saber. :P

[EDIT]
Just learnt that Dark Saber is the transformed form of some chick. I randomly threw a c4d and did some work. Here's a quick one, let me know what you think!

feud

will you make a banner for me
Title: Feud RO
Tagline: 20x/20x/10x No 3rd classes
Render:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/56628624.png
Font: http://www.dafont.com/vtks-lovers-italic.font?a=on&text=Feud+RO
Size of banner: Which ever suits
Others: signature
Border: Which ever suits

stealthx

Quote from: feud on Nov 17, 2011, 01:59 AM
will you make a banner for me
Title: Feud RO
Tagline: 20x/20x/10x No 3rd classes
Render:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/56628624.png
Font: http://www.dafont.com/vtks-lovers-italic.font?a=on&text=Feud+RO
Size of banner: Which ever suits
Others: signature
Border: Which ever suits

I did this in 5 minutes because I was in a hurry. Hope you like it!

Yukino

You did a great job! Thank you for the amazing graphics ;D. Can't wait to see more of your works later <3!

feud

Quote from: stealthx on Nov 17, 2011, 03:21 AM

I did this in 5 minutes because I was in a hurry. Hope you like it!

Yes i like it , but can you make me few other banner of ur choice with same tag line and name rest is upto you .

Thanks for Banner

stealthx

I do not take 'everything is up to you requests'. If you have no idea what you want, go spend some time thinking of what you'd like.

Yamzkie

Server Name: DarkSidedRO
Tagline: Classics Welcome to the DarkSide of Ragnarok
Render/Color scheme: Darkish LOL
Font: Something Spooky LOL?
Size of banner: Good For Voting Banner :O like the one that i will add in Voting Site :O

stealthx

What colour scheme? What size? What font (if any)?

More importantly is the size of the banner, as it can vary from different sites. Go find out, then let me know again.

Yamzkie

Server Name: DarkSidedRO
Tagline: Welcome to the DarkSide Of Ragnarok
Render: http://www.dark-ro.net/images/pets/lord_of_death.gif
Colour Scheme: DARK
Font: http://www.dafont.com/nightmare-5.font?text=DarkSided+RO
Size of banner: 468x60
Others: ???
Border: STANDARD