A different kind of Ninja

Started by Xeighter, Jan 17, 2009, 01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeighter

Yeah, I wanted to make a Ninja, but relying on magic. Does HWC and Bishop enhance this? Does Bishop prevent the Maya card from working?

Does the weapon I use affect the strength and element of my magic?
Posted on: Jan 17, 2009, 05:13 am
Sorry :x It sent before I was done.

Also, what weapon should I use? Kunai because it cannot miss or something else?

With only two headgear slots, what should I get? Pharoh and HWC? or HWC and Kiel?

Descent

Xeighter, while I may not be able to help on Ninja(never played one), I just wanted to say kudos for being one of the few RMS users who asks educated questions in the Job Discussion forum.

It's really a refreshing sight to see. Good luck to you.

Xeighter

Uhm... thanks.
Though, if there is a hint of sarcasm, call me dense while you're at it :3

In any case, I only ask the questions the dumb card descriptions are too ambiguous to mention
Posted on: Jan 17, 2009, 05:52 am
Yeah, another question.

If I put Whitesmith on my kunai or whatever weapon I intend to use. Does it work when I use the skill Throw ____?
It's a skill, but I am still using the weapon...

Or should I just use Ice Pick with a slot? Or are the Ninja-only daggers better?

Omi

If you're going to be a physical ninja, your weapon won't effect throw skills (except throw huuma shuriken, but that skill is awful so don't get it at all) but it'll be based off your strength, your attack + the kunai / shuriken ammo you have equiped.  ( I may have to double check this though, it's been a while since I've played Ninja )

I would use a weapon that either gives you HP or Attack bonuses.  A high refined Gladius[3] with 3 zipper bears is a simple and effective weapon to obtain, although I'm unsure if there are better ninja-based daggers.  There probably is, but I'm too tired to bother looking through them. 

Xeighter

Quote from: Xeighter on Jan 17, 2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I wanted to make a Ninja, but relying on magic. Does HWC and Bishop enhance this? Does Bishop prevent the Maya card from working?

Does the weapon I use affect the strength and element of my magic?
Posted on: Jan 17, 2009, 05:13 am
Sorry :x It sent before I was done.

Also, what weapon should I use? Kunai because it cannot miss or something else?

With only two headgear slots, what should I get? Pharoh and HWC? or HWC and Kiel?

It says I want to be a magical one.
Posted on: Jan 17, 2009, 06:36 am
Al'right. Tested it and High Wizard card doesn't work on Maya. It still reflects.
So I guess it's impossible to avoid having my skills returned back to me :x That sucks.

Omi

oh right, I did say I was tired, haha.  I think it was the kunai stuff that confused me atleast.

I would stick to MATK + daggers.  Your skills will always be reflected back at somepoint.  I would recommend getting 2 kiels if possible, since you don't need a pharaoh card as your MP pool will be pretty high along with your regeneration.  Besides, spamming Ice Spear tears through peoples HP who aren't that well equiped xD

Xeighter

See, I dunno. Hwiz + Kiel and I'll be blasting through people, no? Or is the exchange of 100% less mana regen and taking more SP not worth it?
Should I have a Bishop card while I'm at it?

Or should I just go physical and avoid the whole damn Maya affair?

Which daggers and cards?

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Xeighter on Jan 17, 2009, 03:48 PM
See, I dunno. Hwiz + Kiel and I'll be blasting through people, no?

No. Hwiz only works on normal monsters and is really only useful for hardcore pot leveling. Kiel on the other hand will be wasted because none of the three basic spells(Petals, Spear, Jolt) has any cast delay. With 150DEX you can just spam them forever.

QuoteShould I have a Bishop card while I'm at it?

Why yes, I do believe Bishop is pretty damn f*** good.

As for daggers, it's a no brainer, As(h)ura...

Xeighter

I guess that other server I had changed it so it works on players too. I could've sworn it worked on users though...

Not Ice-Pick [1]?

I might just go physical since Maya is a real killer.

MemoZzz

Ashura for magic, Ice Pick for physical

Xeighter

Can I have Kunais and Ice Pick?
Or can I use a shield?

CookieEater

Kunais are ammunition. The only Ninja weapons that are 2h are the Fuuma Shuriken, so you can wear a shield.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x