[~] Emblem Request Support Thread [~]

Started by Ansuz Isaz, Jul 05, 2008, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansuz Isaz

This is roughly a rip off of DjTeddySpin's original ~[ Ragnarok Online Emblem Request ]~ , mostly because he covered everything so well, that I would end up saying nearly the exact same thing anyway.

Something to keep in mind: I probably won't work nearly as fast, or as consistently, as Teddy did. One of the major reasons, as far as I could tell, Teddy left, was that he got frustrated with everything, and didn't let himself have as much time to himself as he probably would have liked. If I get frustrated, irritated, or otherwise tired of working on this project, I might not reply to this for two or three days. I want to last a little longer than Teddy, but if I worked on this while I'm frustrated, I might not even last half as long as Teddy had been able to. Hope everyone understands. n_n

On a final note, I have no intention of trying to out-do, or even match, Teddy's abilities. I'm no expert, and I'll simply do what I can. He had a lot more practice than I did, so it might take me a while to reach his level. I'm simply here to lend a hand, so don't expect anything epic. x3

- + - + - + - + - + - Request Submission Form - + - + - + - + - + -

Name of your Guild: Pretty self explanatory. =]
Design features?: Is there a particular shape you want the emblem to be before I start working on it? How about color schemes? Whatever you can think of, please tell me.
Guild's Initials?: A yes or no will suffice. If it's something along the lines of 'Pirates of the Caribbean' , you might want to add whether you want the initials to be PC or PotC. Otherwise, I'll assume the longer one.
Picture: Self explanatory. Please, consult the Realistic Picture guild lines below. It makes things less frustrating. This way, I won't have to tell you know, or hunt forever trying to look for something more appropriate and similar on my own. Also, since ImageShack converts everything into .png, you'll have to convert it to .bmp yourself.

- + - + - + - + - + - Realistic Request - + - + - + - + - + -
Quote from: DjTeddySpin
--------------------Realistic Request--------------------

Ok, I am not trying to be strict here and make things easier for me, I believe that creativity is at it's best when there's no boundaries. But I also believe that taking up a request from a person that wants the picture of Santa Claus in the middle, and his reindeer by the left, a candy bag to his right, and finally your family photo at the background is... ...retarded.

It's like making a picture out of 24x24 Lego blocks. If you seriously get down and try to do it, you will understand how difficult it is to make very huge defined pictures with color blocks. I am no Magician, I like you, is restrained to physical restrictions.

Here is a good example, a nice picture with low definition but still clear:

(this picture is 111x118  Width x Height)

But to maintain the clarity and size of the picture, i can either,
1) Crop out a 24x24 portion for best definition (enlarging the picture will create a un-defined edge)
2) Crop out around 50x50 for larger display area of the picture and then minimize to 24x24, resulting in lower quality
3) Directly minimize it to 24x24 if your guild name is 'YouCan'tSeeWhat'sMyEmblem'

Ignore the last option... But here's the result after i crop certain portion of the picture to make it a balance between option 1 & 2 (28x28 crop and then minimized to 24x24):

P.S. notice how small a portion the 24x24 picture i cropped out is, compared to that already small picture? Anything larger being cropped out would have been blurry. I don't even think I can make an emblem out of the whole of his gun.

I hope this has given you a clearer idea of what's possible and what's not very possible to be projected in an emblem.

- + - + - + - + - + - Guides and Other Such - + - + - + - + - + -
Quote from: DjTeddySpin
Simple Tutorials and Guides

--------------------Inserting your guild emblems into game--------------------

[1] Locate your Ragnarok folder. (By default, it's C:/Program Files/Gravity/RO)

[2] Inside your Ragnarok folder where you find all your Ragnarok files example Ragnarok.exe, right click on an empty space of the folder, and select new>>Folder.

[3] Name the newly created folder 'emblem'

[4] Now you can place any of your Ragnarok Online Emblems in and use them in-game!

Notes: Emblems should be in 'bmp' file format and 24x24pixels(width x height) to be usable in-game. Some servers also require you to pump a 'guild skill'(something like Guild's Glory) before you can display any guild emblems.

--------------------File Conversion--------------------

Run Paint or Adobe Photoshop. Simply open up the emblem you have downloaded, and select the option 'save as' and select bmp file from the File Type drop bar option. Also, save the file as -windows 24bit- for Photoshop, and -24bit Bitmap (*.bmp,*dib)- for Paint.

Dedicated to: DjTeddySpin, who spent a little over five months taking emblem requests, before finally stopping to have fun again. =]

Loki

Interesting.

I've already requested from Teddy's thread but I'll request one from you, to see how you do your work :D

-Legion of Liars
-Blackish Red color
-Initials must be included in emblem(LoL)
-A devil's tail or a devil's fork. Whatever suits.

Please and thanks.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Ansuz Isaz

Legion of Liars

Comparing me to Teddy? xD Tch. That's not fair. Teddy can out-class me with ease. Still, I gave it a go.

I didn't want to copy Teddy and use a tail, but it was a little difficult to get the pitchfork to work for me. I'm still not one hundred percent satisfied with how the pitchfork turned out, but it looked pretty decent in-game.

I used a mostly transparent style because it was the best way I found to show the pitchfork in a decent quality.

Loki

Thanks!

(I'll change between both of yours and Teddy's emblem each week :P)
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

cris177

Hi ^^
-Guild name:Angels from Hell
-Color: Electric Blue , french blue (blackish blue)
-Initials: AFH
-anything will work what matters is the color
please ^^

Ansuz Isaz

No problem, Loki. =]

Angels from Hell:

mahaflare

-Guild Name: Instant Music
-color: id like it Kind of Blueish or Sky Blue
-Guild's Initials: IM
-Picture: A Musical Note will do, if there is space left for an Exclamation sign (!) put it also .

Thanks in Advance n_n

Ansuz Isaz

Instant Music

There was room for an exclamation point if I had removed the little wave, but... it didn't turn out well. xD It looked very, very clunky, so I decided to do this instead.

mahaflare

Its Ok but you put MI instead of IM

at any rate tahnkyou very much but swap the letter n_n

Ansuz Isaz

xD Of all the stupid mistakes I could have done... Gah. Sorry 'bout that.

Instant Music

mahaflare

Patrick

Name of your Guild: Peco Riders
Design features: A Peco Peco Emblem and if possible the whole image even without the background.
Guild's Initials CR

Ansuz Isaz

Peco Riders

I think wanting the initials to be CR instead of PR was a typo on your part, so I made these accordingly. If it turns out you really wanted them to have CR as their initials, tell me, and I'll fix them. I made two in the vague hope that one turned out well. xD Scaling down even the smaller sized objects can make it more difficult to make it come out well.

If you want any changes, let me know.

Ansuz Isaz

Admittedly, that I did, and I won't really deny that. xD I'm going to hope he doesn't mind me trying to do this where he left off. In the event he doesn't like me doing this, I'd have no problem with having this removed.

I dedicated it to him simply because he did this here first, did it better, had done it for a while, and made me want to pick it up where he left off, simply because people seemed to like it. n_n; Nothing more. I'm not claiming to do this because Teddy supports me. I'm just giving him credit for making me want to try and help out in turn after he decided he had had enough. x3

Aragorn

o ara... i almost died on your chessy explanation... just do what the hell you want... (>.>)

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.