Sry if this is offtopic or sumthin but need help with files

Started by SilenceAssassin, Apr 16, 2008, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilenceAssassin

Hi I recently left anthemro cause i was searching for a more how do you say quicker mabey higher leveling oppertunities. I have found a couple servers I would like to try but I have a hard time understanding what to do when getting sak and rag files. I noticed getting a new server to work is kind of harder than getting anthemro even though i actually forgot how I got anthem set up in the first place lol. I have some questions in need of serious answering.

First, When downloading the sak and rag files, does it matter if I get the full exe files or no and when i get them both am I sapposed to put both of them into 1 folder before extracting the files. Second, When i get them both do I just leave them and put a server into the folder and set it up or do i have to do something with the sak and rag before i set up a server.

Third, When I get a square box when trying to open up the server and it says the fallowing errors occured report these to a gm or something what does it mean or what did I do wrong. Forth, when I want another server does that mean i have to either figure out which files were related to the server i want to remove and get rid of them and then put the new server file in the sak&rag folder or will i have to remove everything and start over?

well I think thats it for now I am sorry for asking so many questions but dealing with these files isnt exactly my professionary. If anyone can help me asap please e-mail me at [email protected]

I would really appriciate it.

yC

First, When downloading the sak and rag files, does it matter if I get the full exe files or no

You can get the full exe OR ALL the .rar parts which then you put them in the same directory, extract the first part.  In the process it will automatically find all the parts it needed to combine.  After extracting the rar if you did it right you will get the exe.

Quotewhen i get them both am I sapposed to put both of them into 1 folder before extracting the files.

After you get the EXE (as mentioned above) you install them into one directory.  Usually default is C:/Program File/Gravity/RO

QuoteWhen i get them both do I just leave them and put a server into the folder and set it up or do i have to do something with the sak and rag before i set up a server.

After you install both EXE, you install the patch of the server of your choice into the folder where you installed Rag and Sak.  No you don't have to do anything to the sak & rag.

QuoteWhen I get a square box when trying to open up the server and it says the fallowing errors occured report these to a gm or something what does it mean or what did I do wrong.

No body understand those code, they are hexi numbers.  And don't post them in public because people will think you are an idiot and don't know what you are doing if you do.  The cause could be vary,

1) server with a lot of custom and didn't do a good job in packing their .grf might give their players a hard time

2) Your sak & rag installation need to patch (run sakray.exe and ragnarok.exe in the RO directory to patch, try a few times it's hard to connect sometimes.  If your installation is over a year old, it might stop patching so it's time for you to download the latest sak & rag again...)

3) unknown, could be related to your computer / video card.

Quotewhen I want another server does that mean i have to either figure out which files were related to the server i want to remove and get rid of them and then put the new server file in the sak&rag folder or will i have to remove everything and start over?

Usually I just install it on top of whatever I have in the RO folder.  I remove nothing, I just recommend you rename any data folder (a folder named "data" under the RO directory) if you find any.  Other than that, nothing seems to be a matter.  But going back to previously installed servers might be a problem due to overwritten dll or data.ini.  In that case, you can just reinstall the server you want to play.

Someone can help with my answers, since i am noob somewhat xD

superja

QuoteUsually I just install it on top of whatever I have in the RO folder.  I remove nothing, I just recommend you rename any data folder (a folder named "data" under the RO directory) if you find any.  Other than that, nothing seems to be a matter.  But going back to previously installed servers might be a problem due to overwritten dll or data.ini.  In that case, you can just reinstall the server you want to play.

yeah, this is right. I would also suggest deleting other grfs (but leave sdata if you are using sakray).

To make the installation simpler, I keep a copy of Raglite. This contains all the essential .dll files in a much smaller package. However, you will be missing the BGM files. All you need to do is slide your updated sdata into there, and the folder should work without errors. It's a happy alternative for those of us that don't relish updating Sakray AND Ragnarok.