rsu-kro-rag-lite.exe and rsu-kro-renewal-lite.exe ERRORS!!!

Started by monkey1311, Jun 26, 2011, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey1311

Hello!
I'm having problems with those patchers. Every time I try to pacth them, they both can't get the patch_allow.txt.

Then I read the "readme.txt" from "doc" folder and it says that "RSU does not require any installation. Minimum required files for running are rsu.exe and rdata.grf. You should also add an existing patchRE.inf to avoid entire re-patching of the grf.". I don't see any "rsu.exe" on my files and the official pacther/s are missing. Where can i get that file? or What should i do?

Thanks in advance :)

yC

I believe the rsu.exe is the exe you are running.  It is not the same name because we have two of those one for rdata.grf and one for data.grf so the naming need to indicate which is for which (I have doubts for this too since one seems to patch both for me at times ...).

I am not sure if you are simply getting the failed to connect message, try a few times at different time of the day to see if it connects first.

monkey1311

I tried what you said but it still getting failed to connect to patch server. Is there any alternative way tp patch my RO? ???

Cherry

If all your .exe files are missing, it might be your anti-virus deleting them detecting they're viruses.

I just downloaded everything, extracted the kRO/RagRE patchers and tried patching and it worked.

Check your firewall and add an exception too.

monkey1311

I checked my files and nothing is missing except for "rsu.exe" but last night I downloaded it. Also my anti virus is always off.

Ahm..I noticed something that when i try to pacth using "rsu-kro-rag-lite.exe" it says "Getting patch_allow.txt" and then that file, which is the "patch_allow.txt", will be deleted. Is that normal?

Another question: Is there a big difference between 01-05-2011 kRO Client and 06-09-2010 kRO Client?

potatochips

What Windows OS are you using? From my experience with kRO Patchers, you might wanna see if your folder permissions are set to allow "Everyone" to "Write". Sometimes your connection may be the issue as well and I'm not sure why the patch_allow.txt was getting deleted.

Try that first or if you still have the full installer of your RO client, try reinstalling and patching all over again. That has solved many issues with players I've talked to.
The Jedi Code is flawed. Suck it up, Yoda.