Question on installing...

Started by YuenSan, Sep 09, 2012, 06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YuenSan

I wanted to try out TalonRO, but their full installer just doesn't work and I'm trying to dl their mini installer at the moment, but I don't want to go through the trouble of dling kRO or Ragray over again. I do, however, have the WarpPortal's English RO, would that work on patching?  /?

Creme

Generally, no.  kRO has more and different items than iRO does, different file names, different file paths, different sprites and monsters, etc. 

It'll work in a pinch, but you will error, so I suggest you use it so you can play for now, but download and install kRO in the meantime because for long-term play, you will error and your gameplay will be unstable.

YuenSan

All the recent kRO dls don't seem to have setups/installs on them. What's the most up to date version that that uses one?

Creme

I'm not sure what you mean by setups/installs.  If you go to RMS's kRO downloads page, http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_kROLinks, you can get .rar files that have kRO's files.  Extract them with WinRAR and then you can install TalonRO's Lite client over that.

If you mean like an .exe or .msi installer from kRO, you don't need that.  The links that RMS supplies are good.