What am I doing wrong?

Started by CynicalEntity, Jan 16, 2009, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CynicalEntity

Well, I'm wondering what I am doing wrong, thus I came to ask here. Every time I download a server or a certain server my computer sorta blows up. How? Well, I get a lot of windows error, my Win32 has encounter a problem, then my other documents, some, not all, won't open. It really f-cks up my PC, and within the past 2 months I've reformatted my PC for about 45+ times and it's really irritating. It was fine 3 months ago, I would play any server.

The problem occurs when I install the server, it then slows down my PC and makes it all laggy, I do all the correct installments, get the update kRO and Sakray, and when everything is well set up, my computer encounters Windows problems and my client won't open, so I keep uninstalling it and reinstalling it but that doesn't work, and when I get the server to work and the client to open up, it'll be laggy, and then when I restart my PC thinking it'll fix the problem, the client won't open. I don't get no gravity errors, but I do often get some.."Cannot connect to server."

So pretty much I'm really frustrated with this, I really don't want to quit RO. So I ask anybody, just anybody who has experience on this, could you help me out with my problem?

Pandora

Check how much space you have on your computer, if you're close to being full it will slow down performance a lot.

Get an antivirus if you dont already have one, run a full scan,  get a spyware checker too.

Check your drivers to make sure you got the latest, graphic card and such.

Hope that helps, sorry I don't have any more precise suggestions.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

CynicalEntity

Quote from: Pandora on Jan 19, 2009, 09:07 AM
Check how much space you have on your computer, if you're close to being full it will slow down performance a lot.

Get an antivirus if you dont already have one, run a full scan,  get a spyware checker too.

Check your drivers to make sure you got the latest, graphic card and such.

Hope that helps, sorry I don't have any more precise suggestions.

Yeah, thanks for your help. It was my drivers. I didn't have the latest ones.