Resolution/Setup Problem

Started by Dove, Dec 02, 2010, 05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dove

Hey RMS!

A good friend of mine is having issues getting her Ragnarok window resolution fixed. She plays on a 1366x768 resolution with Windows 7 Professional for her OS. The resolution is set at a much smaller setting than she'd like and is making the game difficult to play. However, when she tries to alter the resolution from the setup folder, it doesn't actually change anything.

The server in question is VeeeRO, and a few others have had this problem but it seemed to 'magically' fix itself. Hers, unfortunately, is not receiving any such magic haha.

So far we've tried the following:
-Restarting client & system/computer several times.
-Reinstalling
-Running as admin (purely from Vista habit)
-Trying to change resolution with full screen both checked & unchecked

I've had to fix countless RO folder issues, but this one has me stumped. I suspect it may be something wrong with the client, but then I don't really know how to solve it in that case. Anyone experienced this problem before or have any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Relics

You could try changing the values in the register, at your own risk lol

Err, to enter the register, typ 'regedit' without the '' in the search bar in start menu.

you want to navigate to the following folder:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Gravity Soft/Ragnarok

Inside you'll find some files, and you're gonna have to adjust two files called 'HEIGTH' and 'WIDTH' their type is REG_DWORD.
just double click them and change to a desired value.

you may or may not have to restart