How do you play multiple servers? Some of my servers are mixed up

Started by 1234567890, May 11, 2010, 04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This problem has been bugging me for a very long time. What should I do so I could play wickedRO? It merges with aeRO.If ever I create a new folder so I could put the server files there, what should I copy so that It would work? .Even though I don't have kro ,my servers work with pRO(an official server).So please reply as soon as possible, thank you ;D

markaizer

If the aero was this one http://www.gamingaero.com/home/index.php
You need KRO main and KRO renewal pRO may not work or will work but you'll get a lot of errors.

Can't find WickedRO site..

Its best if you don't merge two servers in 1 folder specially when they are not using the same client.

Quote from: markaizer on May 11, 2010, 06:02 AM
If the aero was this one http://www.gamingaero.com/home/index.php
You need KRO main and KRO renewal pRO may not work or will work but you'll get a lot of errors.

Can't find WickedRO site..

Its best if you don't merge two servers in 1 folder specially when they are not using the same client.

That's not the website, it's aerogaming.org/cp ( it's broken as of now) and besides, my aeRo works with pro.

Oh, And I already solved this proble, thanks alot ;D

squishtastic

you really should just download kro/re/etc and make a clean install. then copy those files over to a new folder and this new folder can be a server of your choice.

Right now, i have 5 install folders. 1 is my clean backup ragray, 1 is dedicated to my test server that is not live, 2 are for my full and lite versions of the server im working on for testing purposes, 1 for a friends server...just depends on how much drive space you can spare and each install is under 2gigs so its pretty easy to find space

Relics

if the server uses a data.ini to point out where the .grf clients are (like data.grf, sdata.grf) you wouldn't need to copy data/sdata.grf everytime, since you can just make the data.ini point to an already existing data/sdata.grf outside of the folder where you installed the server.

ore0s

Make 2 Ragnarok Online folder and put a server in each folders.  Keep a clean Ragnarok Online folder as well.

Flipsyde

One word, Organize.

Start having the habbit of grouping all your RO's into separate folders, Majority of RO players think "Oh its RO anyways pfft, It will run fine" But its like asking yourself after eating 10 different foods on which one tasted like what and which one you want to eat again. Not a good example but yeah, Please do try :P

yC

isn't it more appropriate to ask for support in aeRO?  What are we doing ...

Flipsyde

Truth be told yC, about 80% of RO server support section, have Horrible, horrible support staff. Atleast on RMs there are better minds here , But yeah, The truth hurts :(

Thanks for the help guys ^^

I finally solved this problem