Help!! I really, really, really wanna play!

Started by kimmie0526, Apr 23, 2009, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimmie0526

Okay so let me start out by saying i have never played ragnarok ever, i saw a friend playing so i decided to try it out. I don't know what to do about anything, at all. Well my friend told me i had to download the newest version of sakray so i did and i downloaded the ragnarok program right underneath it (im not sure if i needed it or not) i ran sakray and the ragnarok and patched them both. then i downloaded the game i wanted to join (RubyRO) and patched that as well, at first it told me i needed some .dll files so i got them and now its telling me that i need to patch sakray but i've done so like 3 times already! I've been trying for days to get this to work cuz i really wanna play but im not getting any where i've checked the support forums but found nothing  :( If someone can help me out can you please reply A.S.A.P.

Thanks
Kimmie

Ohh i'm using windows xp if it matters

Zelos

Can we see the error you are getting, please?

kimmie0526

how do i do that?

Hutchy

Screenie? PrtScrn button, copy/paste into paint, host at tinypic.

kimmie0526

this is what it says now but like half an hour ago it said something else, i havent moved or changed anything so im not sure y this is coming up

Posted on: Apr 23, 2009, 11:01 pm
okay this is what im gonna do im gonna delete everything and start over can someone tell me what to do step by step (in lamen's terms lol) cuz im kinda slow

yC

you sure you downloaded & combined the ragnarok client files to RAG_SETUP1210.exe and installed it?

moving to RO support btw.

kimmie0526

i ran both files and patched them, it stopped and right above it was "?? ?? ??" and my friend said it was done so im guessing it was then i ran RubyRO it said that i had to download and patch it and i did three times but still didnt work and then the error above appeared  :'(

yC

can we have a screenshot of what's in your ro folder?

kimmie0526

because i started over theres nothing in my RO folder but when i was tring to install RO i got this error

this is whats in my ro folder now

Pandora

That error is an xray error. Their client is looking for that file and not finding it, delete the data folder first and see if that solves your problem.

Also you probably shouldnt have a rubyro subfolder, what's in it? Those files should probably be in your RO folder directly...

[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

kimmie0526

i figured that (about rubyro) so i moved it to the ro file it has everything that came w/ the rubyro download i put it in there so i would know what rubyro and what the dll files were cuz i had to download those too.

which data file should i delete?
Posted on: Apr 24, 2009, 03:27 pm
while i was trying to run ro it just stopped at 2009-02-11 and its been there for the past hour and a half should i delete those data files too or run it again? this is what it looks like

Pandora

I said delete the data folder, not data file. Unless your server is super-updated you probably wont need patch 2009-02-11, so close sakray for now and try your server again, you need to start it with their .exe file not ragnarok.exe
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

kimmie0526

okay did it now everything is all patched and ready to go including game but when i try to run it this comes up, do i need that version of sakray to play it?

asdfqwerty123

Why are you trying to run ScytheRO's old client to play their server?
Or did RubyRO just steal the client I made?

kimmie0526

idk i downloaded rubyro tried to run it and thats wat its said like i said earlier ima noob i dont know how to play i just did as i was told and downloaded the files provided
Posted on: Apr 24, 2009, 06:21 pm
well i joined MysticRO instead and its working now, thanks for your help and patience with me, i know i can be kinda slow lol

Thanks again
Kimmie