Everything returning to default settings upon reopening client

Started by Konata, Dec 16, 2011, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konata

Firstly I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I really don't know how to catagorize this.

It's a common problem I have with new servers every now and then, but as the title says, when I open the client all my personalized settings revert back to their default settings. All the hotkey shortcuts disappear, all my chat box settings are reset, window positions reset, everything. Is there a way to change it so they stay how I set them?

I've tried setting the files "UserKeys", "UserKeys_s", and "ChatWndInfo_U" to read-only after pre-setting the keys, but it still doesn't work.

raphael.cruger

Have u tried re installing?

If u have and u still experience this problem its likely yr operating system of firewall is preventing the data from being saved? Just a guess.
I use Ragray client and then patch with the mini installer in most cases. Rather than downloading the full installer.

Window settings reset by default. But yr hotkeys should remain fine.

fallenone

For the server owner, make sure their Client.exe is patched with the "HKLM to HKCU" diff.

Then, use this updated Setup.exe
[color=limegreen]DejavuRO's[/color] [color=red]Grand Opening: [color=blue]12/16/11[/color][/color]

[color=maroon]Guild Package[/color]

-FallenOne
[email protected]